Thread: *** True 955XE potential ***

Xtreme Addict

Exclamation *** True 955XE potential ***

Our man Fugger seems to have landed quite the setup folks.

His 955XE dual core is already crackin' 6GHz on single stage, and he's pumped out some X1800XL powered CrossFire '01 runs at 5.5GHz, breaking 44k like it was nothing.

Yes single stage with original vapo block.

1.45v bios 1.55v actual on core

-43c on display and core is at -21c bios @ 5.8ghz
    Make sure that you watch his progression very closely, I sense some serious potential from this chip of his, and if it's any indication of the kind of performance/overclockability that Presler and i975X are bringing...strap yourselves in.

Link

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LOE
    whats with all the *** it the thread name?
    Nothing, I've done it in the past at my home forum (HardForum) to draw attention to the thread...not cursing or anything.

Live Long And Overclock
    Should look better now

Lemme know if you liked it the original way cornelious...

Perkam

Xtreme Addict
    I really like what they bring to the table but the lack of an integrated memory controller is really hurting their bandwith significantally
    NZXT Tempest | Corsair 1000W
    Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    Intel i7 2500K Corsair H100
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (700 / 1400 / 1731 / 950mv)
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Kingston HyperX PC3-10700 (4x4096MB)(9-9-9-28 @ 1600mhz @ 1.5v)

Heatware: 13-0-0

XS_THE_MACHINE
    If I also remember right, Victorwang or Adre got theres to 4.8 cinebench stable on air. These chips seem to clock really well.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

I am Xtreme
    as long as they dont use the onboard mem ory controller you have less of a chance for a cold bug, id rather have the ability to run cold.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822
    as long as they dont use the onboard mem ory controller you have less of a chance for a cold bug, id rather have the ability to run cold.
    how many guys have something colder than single stage???? just a few...

so you want to hurt max performance on air or water or ss just because you want to run colder than -60 on board mem controller is the future even intel is going to do it
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

I am Xtreme
    well coldbug varies, i mean you cant even run DI on it.

Willis
    i think the word xtreme is in it's right place

c[_]
    onboard memory controller doesnt necessarily increase chances of coldbug, that is more related to the process used to make the cpu and particular week/batch/etc..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

He didn't crack 6...he's up to 5.8 ghz 3d benchable at 1.55, which is rather high for a 65nm chip! It does look promising regardless though!

why post something without the link to the origional thread.. purely deranged.

here is the link. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=83838

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil
    onboard memory controller doesnt necessarily increase chances of coldbug, that is more related to the process used to make the cpu and particular week/batch/etc..

actually you can nail it down to the mem controller if you dont stress it a lot you can go colder with the cpu if you want to run low timmings and high fsb you cant go too low with temps.
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    actually you can nail it down to the mem controller if you dont stress it a lot you can go colder with the cpu if you want to run low timmings and high fsb you cant go too low with temps.
    With A64's yes. And some of them dont care while others do. First gen clawhammer 754's were running with LN2 great as I recall.

As I also recall, some nV and ATi cards dont like cold while others could care less. These span several generations... Should we add in older processors like celerons, p3'2, p4's, etc that also have had issues from time to time but not always?

I'm not saying that A64's arent prone to this problem (because they are in all actuality), but saying it is only because of the memory controller is just blatantly false.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

stevil, in the case of the A64 is 90% the mem controller. Most "cold bugs" on A64 can be traced right back to the dram drive strength. If you decrease it, most of the time you can regain your mem clocks and the so called "cold bug" goes away.

Granted there are times when the Dram drive strength does absolutly nothing, but as a general rule that is the first place you should look to relieve a cpu of the "cold bug".

Willis
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer
    stevil, in the case of the A64 is 90% the mem controller. Most "cold bugs" on A64 can be traced right back to the dram drive strength. If you decrease it, most of the time you can regain your mem clocks and the so called "cold bug" goes away.

Granted there are times when the Dram drive strength does absolutly nothing, but as a general rule that is the first place you should look to relieve a cpu of the "cold bug".
    so basicly timings doesn't matter or do they?

timmings do effect it. With the drive stength up higher when under the cold you cant have as tight of timmings. When you weaken the drive stength you can tighten up the timmings again.