Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Fic = Epox?

Technician
    Just dawned on me that he has now removed all evidence of his irrational and immature behaviour.

Zakelwe (or anyone else whos been there recently) - can you grab a screenshot of his post from your web cache by any chance?

Click "work offline" from the file menu in IE and then open your history and try and navigate to the thread. Id like some kind of hard evidence that this actually took place. Never know when this kind of stuff will come in handy .

Cheers,

PiLsY.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    PiLsY's ban was removed at the AOA forums.
    Daniels post saying how he would not remove PiLsY's ban has been removed. I wonder if he will be man enough to admit that he over-reacted. I am sure everyone already knows that answer!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I was trying to get that info when I made my last post before I seen your request. I guess since he deleted his posts and I was still browsing the forum it has changed in my history, because I clicked the work offline and it is changed in my history also. I seen his post and I even stated it in my E-mail I sent you. (by the way you have mail.

Technician
    Yup I got the mail - cheers m8 .

It kind of makes you wonder whether he faked all this bluster just to have an excuse (however feeble) to delete my post.

As of now though it just seems like hes deleted his own posts.

All very strange.

PiLsY.

Well, I just found the link to this forum from MRIcee on AMDMB forums and decided to pop in. I'm sure glad I did. This thread was great! I felt like I just watched a soap. Pilsy playing the good guy trying to find out the truth. Daniel the mod from AOA pinned as the bad guy who thinks his and only his opinions matter. I love this stuff. I read every thread on the 5 pages. What do you guy's have planned next week? Maybe someone can have an accident installing a water cooling system. Maybe frame somebody for frying thier mobo. Seriously though, Thank's Pilsy! You helped me make my decision on my next upgrade. I was going to go with Epox(have had good luck). But I recently bought an Abit GF 4 OTES and was really impressed with the quality. With the way Daniel acted over at AOA about your comment about FIC and Epox. If that is the way an Epox officially supported forum is run. I won't feel guilty from leaving the Epox family. I can buy a FIC AU11 for under $100USD shipped. The Epox 8RDA+ is over $120USD shipped. Which isn't that much of a difference if you include the forum support and broad consumer base to get tech help from. If only Epox and FIC would come clean about their arrangement. I would be happy to pay the extra money for the tech support. Actually, I should thank Daniel and AOA forums. I hope Epox knows that the way the mod acted over at AOA helped cost them at least one sale? I'll now probably go with the Abit NF7-S. At least I now what I'm buying and from who. Unless you find out ECS makes the Abit NF7-S! Pilsy you might need to do some more digging.

Technician
    Actually m8 they do . The NF7-S is intended for the OEM market and not the home/performance/enthusiast market.

All ABIT boards intended for OEMs are produced by ECS. Remember though, they arent designed by ECS, only built by them. The NF7-S has prooved to be a great board. The only little hitch is that it has multiplier problems. Its very hit and miss getting any multi between 7.5x and 10.5x to work above around 150mhz. If you get one of these nice 2100 or higher B Tbreds though youll be just fine. 11 is the ideal multiplier for these chips and allows you to run with simple air cooling over the 205mhz mark. My experience with the NF7-S is that it has no problem at all running over 215mhz in most cases as long as you set the chipset voltage to 1.7v via bios. However, for some reason memory bandwidth seems best at 211/212mhz. After that it goes down (?!) by about 100mb/s, and then begins to climb again.

PiLsY.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What is the diff. between rev 1.0 and 1.1? posted at AOA
    replies:

ET: The difference is the PCB printing only.
    ET: As I stated - the printing is different - there is sense to alter the printing if large customer demands such for OEM order or similar.
    Daniel: The fact that these boards are once again completely sold out and off the shelves for the moment may also account for the need to move to the 1.1...Just guessing here":O}
    ET: No - just a small printing change, which anyone with knowledge of ISO9001 design series quality systems will know does necessitate the need for a revisional increment.
    Daniel: Thanks ET! Congratulations on being a sell out...er that is... having a board that has sold out more times than I can keep track of, a real victory in the trenches of Motherboard competition!
    ET: I have stated that the only difference is the printing - which part of this do people not have the ability to hear ?
    Daniel: In responce to G.'s post:
    No, ET has said there is no difference. That means that there is no difference.
    Anon: Well, that.. and the little pins that hold the NB heatsink on now have springs.
    ET: As they do on many rev 0.3 and rev 1.0 boards.
    You "thought" you were having one over then - but alas no !
    Daniel: Kidding aside, EPoX cares for it's customers, EPoX's presence in this this Topic is proof of that!

So this is great customer service? I am a Retail Manager(thanks for the sympathy) and man if I treated customers like ET does......

What a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:!
    | MSI K8N Diamond Plus | WaterCooled A64X2 4200+ | 2x1024 PC4000 EB Plat | 2x BFG 7800GT | Maxtor DMax 10 SATA 250gb 16mb cache & 200gb 8 mb cache| OCZ 700watt GamerXtreme PSU | Plextor 716SA DL DVDRW

HeatWare

Xtreme Addict
    mwave has the AU-11 in stock for 97.37.. the 8RDA is 93.09 ( in stock ) amd th RDA+ is 111.50 OOS ..... I don't know, the AU looks good for that price....
    Zen2 Has brought AMD back!

CCW
    "Hi Craig,

Slightly off topic but did your 3dmark ever run better with one stick of ram or not ? You were having problems I recall.

Regards

Andy"

Good memory! Heres a link to the post so you can keep up with whats happening and then we wont have to post here!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...8&goto=newpost

Basically, I havent reported back yet, I had a play around last night, but I will have a couple of hours free sunday so I plan to strip the system and then run only the bare minimum I need to.
    Thanks, sorry mods...
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    Justintoxicated said his revison 1.1 board had a little more clearance around the ram slots to stop the dead gf4 issues also. I'm not sure if that's true or not since I don;t own either board but it makes sense they would fix that obvious problem.
    Maximus Formula||E8400 9x445 1.42v||2x2GB GSkill PC8000||150GB Raptor||ATI 3870 840/1200||Vista64

DFI NF4 Ultra-D modded to SLI-D||Opteron 165||4x512MB Patriot XBL 2.7v||X850XT 575/594||37GB Raptor||Seagate 120gb||Audigy 2 ZS||XP Pro

CCW
    Must've been a small move because from looking at them there isnt much noticable difference....

Craig

I ve the Epox 8RDA+ for about 1 week.
    I bought the mobo for 99,99¤ in Germany at www.com-tra.de .
    When i read this tread the first time, i ve shut down my computer and removed the sticker on the board.
    So my board has
    1. revision 1.1
    2. pink agp-slot
    3. under the sticker is marked 8RDA (without +)
    4. rounded voltage regulators
    and mine was made in china not taiwan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a7n8x_sb.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	3519  

Originally posted by PiLsY
    Actually m8 they do . The NF7-S is intended for the OEM market and not the home/performance/enthusiast market.

All ABIT boards intended for OEMs are produced by ECS. Remember though, they arent designed by ECS, only built by them. The NF7-S has prooved to be a great board. The only little hitch is that it has multiplier problems. Its very hit and miss getting any multi between 7.5x and 10.5x to work above around 150mhz. If you get one of these nice 2100 or higher B Tbreds though youll be just fine. 11 is the ideal multiplier for these chips and allows you to run with simple air cooling over the 205mhz mark. My experience with the NF7-S is that it has no problem at all running over 215mhz in most cases as long as you set the chipset voltage to 1.7v via bios. However, for some reason memory bandwidth seems best at 211/212mhz. After that it goes down (?!) by about 100mb/s, and then begins to climb again.

PiLsY.
    Oh! I thought you guys were joking about ECS making some Abit's. My Mistake. So will the rumor filled Rev 2 board be made for the home/performance/enthusiast market? Which in turn will be made by ABit? Well, maybe I will take back what I said about FIC and Epox(please take me back) I really want to get off the Via platform and all their 6 month revisions(oh! you bought a buggy board. Well then go out an buy our new A version board.)Maybe I'll just get the Fic Au11. Now my head is spinning. Information and knowledge has it's drawbacks. Like headaches.

Xtreme Member
    Wow AoA just deleted the whole thread like it never existed. What a bunch of a holes. They could care less about the customer in that forum. The less informed the customer is of issues the better is their policy.
    Maximus Formula||E8400 9x445 1.42v||2x2GB GSkill PC8000||150GB Raptor||ATI 3870 840/1200||Vista64

DFI NF4 Ultra-D modded to SLI-D||Opteron 165||4x512MB Patriot XBL 2.7v||X850XT 575/594||37GB Raptor||Seagate 120gb||Audigy 2 ZS||XP Pro

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Alliance of Overbearing Assoles

Originally posted by Mr.Hankey
    I ve the Epox 8RDA+ for about 1 week.
    I bought the mobo for 99,99¤ in Germany at www.com-tra.de .
    When i read this tread the first time, i ve shut down my computer and removed the sticker on the board.
    So my board has
    1. revision 1.1
    2. pink agp-slot
    bro u using my pics taken my me
    MY Made in taiwan
    http://www.pbase.com/moboguy/inbox
    Last edited by MOBOGUY; 01-24-2003 at 08:11 PM.

Technician
    ROFL zakelwe .

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Wolf
    Wow AoA just deleted the whole thread like it never existed. What a bunch of a holes. They could care less about the customer in that forum. The less informed the customer is of issues the better is their policy.
    word

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Originally posted by Mr.Hankey
    So my board has
    1. revision 1.1
    2. pink agp-slot
    This is intriguing
    I received my 8rda+ 2 days ago in Aus
    1. revision 1.1
    2. pink agp-slot
    3. under the sticker is marked EP-8RDA (without +)
    4. square voltage regulators
    made in taiwan

Xtreme Member
    may i ask we express our opinion with less emotional appeal please.
    i know that you might believe that somebody did not do the right thing.
    but that does not mean all of them did not do the right thing.(generalization).
    1. A7V8X, 1800+ AIUGA0241 @ 1.66Ghz @ 1.5V air-cooled, 256MB Samsung PC2700
    2. 8RDA+, 1700+ JIUHB0308 @ 2.7GHz @ 2.1V, Vapochill PE R-22), 2x256MB OCZ PC3500

Xtreme Guru
    Wow!

Well......this just makes my decision FINAL, to never get an epox mobo ever again. I've had enough crap from my 8K3A+ & 4G4A+

My TOP mobos list...

1. IWill & Abit

Looking forward to...

1. Albatron
    2. VIA VPSD

Neutraly on...

1. Gigabyte
    2. Soyo

Crapy...

1. Asus
    2. Epox

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by NapalmV5
    Wow!

Well......this just makes my decision FINAL, to never get an epox mobo ever again. I've had enough crap from my 8K3A+ & 4G4A+

My TOP mobos list...

1. IWill & Abit

Looking forward to...

1. Albatron
    2. VIA VPSD

Neutraly on...

1. Gigabyte
    2. Soyo

Crapy...

1. Asus
    2. Epox
    Yep, you list Is something like........ ummmmm nonsence...... if you're saying that VIA VPSDs are better boards than ASUS and EPoX then you my friend need some lessons on Computer Hardware and Motherboards manufacturing....
    Mollov,
    Runnin' a 700MHz SlotA Thunderbird...

HardwareSight.com Owner

Xtreme Member
    lol I don't understand how you can have Iwill up there over Epox. What great board have they made? The Ali chipsets are really not fun, and I don't see them up there in Intel chipsets. The 8K3A+ is about 100 times better than the XP333. Gigabyte and Soyo make totally mediocre boards, they don't offer anything different.
    I agree, I think Asus boards tend to bebuggy, and they are always first to release a board of a new chipset, which tend to have probelms. The 8RDA+ is an excellent motherboard, and IMO so was the 8K3A+ except for the timing issues @ high FSBs. The NF7-S has several problems like the 8RDA+, the KD7 will corrupt your HDD in a second over 200mhz and wont allow higher FSB, I had 2 IT7s smoked, as have several other people. The XP333 has horrible memory bandwidth and general performance.

I can't see how you can have that list in that order. I understand it's personal preference, but Iwill, Gigabyte, and Soyo! C'mon, it's easy to see Abit and Epox have had the top performing boards as of late, even the 8KHA+ was good. Since the KT266A Abit might have had an advantage over Epox, but they've both made great boards...Which is more that what I can say about Iwill, what a disappointment the XP333 was, and you hardly say Gig. and Soyo have made cracking performance boards that people flock to buy.
    XP2400+
    Abit NF7 2.0 Vmem and VDD modded
    256MB Kingston HyperX PC3500
    Sapphire 9500np (Vref, Vmem, Vddq, Vcore modded)
    Fully Phase Change cooled

Xtreme Guru
    LOL! Some people.....

TodB,

No need to insult, no insult intended to anybody.

"if you're saying that VIA VPSDs are better boards"

I repost,

Looking forward to...

1. Albatron
    2. VIA VPSD

Asus/Epox boards, if you don't have problems then that's great, i'm happy for you.

The only reason i posted the Crapy list is to see how some people react to when something is said about the Asus boards, i guess nothing has changed all these years.

Bushboy,

"I can't see how you can have that list in that order. I understand it's personal preference"

It's actually 4, not 1 in that order but doesn't matter anyway...

"XP333"

If any/somebody got an XP333 ( ALi chipset ), they should've known better.

"lol I don't understand how you can have Iwill up there over Epox."

I'll take an IWill mobo over Asus & Epox any day and believe me i'm not an IWill fanatic, i'm nobody's fanatic.

Guys, the mobos on the lists is just some of the mobos i've had experience with and it's just my personal list, don't take it personal.

Peace.

Daniel is a real piece of work. You really want to mess with his head, say something bad about Epox and the way he should have handled a situation differently!! Lol.... what you would get would be a 4 paragraph essay from Daniel.

Most of it would be his predictions of you leaving and saying this place will die out, and you will be back under a new name. You can read him like a book, the thread over there was a-typical Daniel, it made me laugh, Hell, he makes me laugh so much I may go over there and mess with his head. Everytime I go over there through a linked post, i always see someone mad at him its hilarious, has a child.
    Last edited by Mr. Fridge; 01-26-2003 at 05:50 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast