Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: because im getting fat

Xtreme Member
    You cannot diet safely and lose 40 pounds in 3 weeks.

If you want to lose weight a realistic goal of 2 pounds a week is doable;just eat a lot of fruits and some vegetables...and a nice meal every second day...walk a lot and do exercise 1 hour every two day...

You can lose 40 pounds while you eat well in about 5 months....

I went from 212 to 182 like that....

You only need to be very motivated.....good luck!!!

ps:and you can even cheat once a week...

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Hertz
    Wow your bmi is 33.4. Normal is between 19 and 25. You are classified as obese and the fact that you are only 15 makes this even worse. You need to lose a good 80 pounds my friend, but i would suggest working out rather then not eating. Eat healthy food (No sugars!) and work out evey day for a few months and you should be much closer to an acceptible weight.
    you should know the "bmi" index is a load of hog fat

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Banned
    i have a load of muscle, plus i have most of it in a beer belly

Xtreme Member
    call up Richard Simmons....

I think angra said it. Talk to your doctor first.

And don't get medical advice from online message boards.

XS Mad Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy
    call up Richard Simmons....

I think angra said it. Talk to your doctor first.

And don't get medical advice from online message boards.
    thank you thank you for repeating this.

TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR - I don't mind you getting some ideas from the internet and talking to people, because most docs are not really nutritionists, and even most nutritionists are mediocre.

But you HAVE to have someone who knows YOU and YOUR medical history tell you if something you are planning to do can be dangerous for YOU. There are many many things that can be particular to one person that can cause no end of trouble. Please protect your health.

Since it appears you are serious, I will toss out a few random thoughts.

1) BMI is a bad metric.
    2) WEIGHT is a horrible metric. Fat != Weight. I think you know this, but the idea that you have to "lose weight" shows just how ingrained this connection is. Throw away your scale! What you really want to lose is fat, not weight. Trying to judge fatloss by looking at a scale is like trying to guess what your ram settings are by looking at a superpi score. Learn how to take a skinfold, judge by your clothes, or just use a tapemeasure to measure your body - waist, neck, arms, thighs, etc. This will tell you more than the scale will.
    3) For your height weight and age, please do not try to lose more than ~2 pounds per week. not safe, not healthy, not good long term
    4) Consider getting in to weightlifting. It is a fantastic tool for fatloss, and at your age, your body is in just about the conditions to pack on muscle. Puberty is like steroid on steroids. More muscle = fat melts away, if you keep eating under control.
    5) To lose fat/weight you must create a calorie deficit. If you are serious about your health and body control, learn to count and keep track of the calories and macronutrients that you eat each day. Keep a diary if necessary. This is an absolutely critical lifeskill to obtain if (like me) you are predisposed to being on the pudgy side. Once you know how much you eat normally per day, without gaining weight, take about 500 off that. This is a good, safe target that won't muck up most people's bodies or metabolism. Talk to your doc though
    6) Eat lots (5 is good) of small meals each day. Ditch this "eat nothing but X" idea, it is not good for you. You should have some fat, some carbs, and some protein at every feeding.
    7) Don't go too long dieting without taking a "cheat" day. I have found that one day of cheating per 5-8 days of "diet"ing is a good ratio. If you diet too consistently, your body will basically adjust itself to the situation, slow down the metabolism, and stop losing fat.
    8) sound dietary practices are more important than exercise, but they are both important.
    9) See your doc.

good luck. be safe.

SLC
    BMI is a bad metric? lol then my fitness class really sucks, which I am not surprised about. our teacher kept blabbing on and on about bmi being a good way to measure your body condition

Xtreme Addict
    my best advice to you is to play a sport....i play football in the fall and i wrestle in the winter....im 6'4" and 215...i eat constantly...and its not good food most of the time...i still manage to lose weight.

If your serious about this you need to see a qualified doctor with your plans...and stay on a multivitamin when you diet.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Aim high, but dont get disappointed when u dont meet the expectations u set yourself

The fastest way to lose 40Lbs in 3 weeks is to have something amputated.

Lyposuction?

I dont like all these guides about height to weight nonsense...I`m 22, 6`1 and 14-ish stone. I read one of the guides that said I was borderline obese. Am I b***ery!!! I`m a 34" waist. I`m just solid. I think i`m getting skinnier as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Member
    Wow...at such a young age...
    Only 3 years older than myself.

Ok, you NEED to talk to a doctor about this plan. You are giving yourself way too little time for this to work. What you need is a general balance between food and excersize. I am 5' 2"/100, and sometimes I eat like hell, but I end up excersizing it all off eventually, however I needn't do anything extra intensive.

So my advice-

Do what angra says.
    Do not go to any extremities. That's not a good idea.
    Overexcersize is not good.
    Jump on a big trampoline for a good straight hour. When in the air, you need to use your muscle to stiffen your position, and it's fun. XD
    Don't go to fast food places. [I think you already knew that.]
    "I don't suffer from insanity, but enjoy every minute of it." ~Edgar Allan Poe.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    200 crunches a night
    200 push ups
    50 pull ups
    (ends the muscle building section)
    run 5 miels a day
    if u want to bike keep it to 15+ miles
    diet:
    carbs for running and biking, not toooooo much, maybe a bowl of cereal 30 mins afore u run, or bike, also put fruit in your cereal
    vegetables, some types of popcorn, non salted, non buttered, PLAIN popcorn
    milk will work against you more than anything, so only use it in your cereal
    emptiness

as should be evident, Agra's approach is the optimum as it is the most healthy for your body and will allow you to keep the weight off.

Weight loss is really about lifestyle change.

I know that I lost 50+ lbs a few years ago and I did it by changing my lifestyle. I ate more sensible amounts of food, exercised and cut out ALOT of processed sugars (IE: high fructose corn syrup).

BUT now I have a Russian Jewish GF (whom I will 99% sure marry) who loves to cook and cant stand me being skinny so I innevietbly gained every pound back. Even without sugar, russian jewish cooking will make you gain obscene amounts of weight if your body isnt adjusted to it.

but i digress.

anyway, my point is this. Change your lifestyle or drop the entire idea of weight loss. You can do ALL the weight loss plans you want, but if you go back to your old habbits after doing the weightloss program, you will be right back where you started, but just a little bit poorer (or alot poorer if you use jenny craig or weightwatchers)

Xtreme Member
    Get Away From The Computer!!!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you starve yourself, your body recognizes what you're doing and reduces your metabolism. Your body also needs xyz nutrients to process/burn fat. The optimum being just enough calories to keep your body from conserving and consuming protien, carbs & fat.

High rpm exercing burns muscle first. You'll want to do a low impact cardiovascular exercise. Around four hours to burn one pound of fat. You can burn more calories in four hours if you exercise harder, it just won't be all fat. You'll also dehydrate which can fool you into thinking your drop in weight was from burning fat.

Because of the bodies tendency to burn protien first when taxed, you consume extra protien to cover in case you exercise too hard or cut back on the calories too much.

If you ate before exercising, your body will burn through that energy first before it starts on the fat, which is why many people exercise in the morning after having slept/not eaten for 6-8 hours.

XS Mad Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by keiths
    High rpm exercing burns muscle first. You'll want to do a low impact cardiovascular exercise.
    This part is a lot less true than conventional wisdom indicates. For one thing, as long as there is glycogen in the muscles, THAT is what will be burned while exercising. Not muscle fibre, not fat. The question, really, becomes, "can we encourage the reuptake of glycogen to be from burning fat instead of burning muscle fibre" - and the answer is...."not really", or "not much". Weightlifting is a good way to encourage muscle growth to counter the muscle canabolism.

I have read some studies that indicate that phased, ultra high intensity work (think interval training for you track runners) may encourage the mobilization of fat stores for energy in a calorie deficient situation (i.e. dieting, early in the AM before breakfast, etc).

Ebay Hater
    Floorball, football and softball are a good combination.

I did athletics until last year. Basically 3 2 hour trainings a week will bring you into shape after some time.

I do 3~4 trainings a week and a game in the weekend, and I actually have trouble getting over 65kg (182cm here).

It's good fat burning.
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

pepsi fiend
    do what i did, (dont flame me) play dance dance revolution for about 2 months
    i used to look down and not see my penis, noW i can see how huge it actually is. lost 40 something pounds
    Last edited by einCe; 12-14-2005 at 11:25 AM.
    Lanparty Ultra-D DEAD|REVIVED
    X2 3800+ LDBHE 0606 EPMW 2950 @ 1.55v DEAD|STILL DEAD
    Powercolor X1900XT 725/873
    dell 2005fpw 20.1''

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    "uh yeah is this DFI RMA dpt? yeah I was setting up your ultra-d motherboard last night and the pwm shot a flame at me... can you give me a new one?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo
    if you wont eat all of your vegetables einCe will come and get you!

Banned
    hate to say it, but i can see it when its up

Charcoal or propane?
    I completely agree with angra, but from where you are starting and given your initial statem of mind on the topic, I'd guess it would take you 6-8 months to lose the weight in a healthy manner.

and to the ppl who say run 5 miles a day, do 200 situps and 50 pushups daily, etc., please stop it. that's just stupid. Perhaps he should be aiming for that after completing his goal, but even then I don't know if he'd be able to pull that off. It would depend on how he loses the weight. If he just cuts enough fat(still in a healthy way) to reach his goal, then thats fine. If he drops a LOT of fat and then builds up muscle to hit his goal and in the process runs and lifts and plays sports, then yeah he might be able to pull that off. Take that Jared guy from Subway: he lost a ton of weight, did so in a reasonably healthy way, and is far healthier now than he was before, but I don't think he could do 10 pushups if his life depended on it.

I've been in absolutely incredible shape in my life, and I've been in average shape in my life, and I can tell you that when I'm not in great shape, I cant run 5 miles(without stoping at least). When I was in great shape, I could and did run 20-25 miles a day without difficulty. So don't go suggesting crap that just not practical for where he's at right now.
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8 (being replaced with Giga UD5)
    Core i7 920 D0 mostly stable @ 4Ghz
    TRUE 120
    6GB OCZ Platinum 7-7-7 (still in testing
    XFX 4890 1GB @ 1050/1190
    Corsair HX850W
    CM Cosmos S

Still testing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12