Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! :)

Xtreme Member
    as long as u streer clear of the brazings, you should be fine..just go slow tho, if u rush u will kink it.

Xtreme Member
    more piccys, this is after ive wired it up and just testing to see if it still works after the pipe bends.. i also stoped air flow around the cold rad this helped with the temp drop.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    how cold is it though?

Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    I'll come blow on your heatsink for a dollar. Thats pretty ghetto
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    sorry to sound harsh but so would you if some one asked if nitroglycerin was a good coolant for his car!
    Check out my forum: http://www.anarchyst-it.com

Xtreme Member
    dunno havnt got a thermometer that goes that low

Xtreme Member
    got a thermometer 2day, gave it a qucik run..and heres what i got..

thats it setup like the image above
    Last edited by Vex; 12-23-2005 at 01:58 PM.

Xtreme Member
    also, is it safe for my compressor to start to get ice on?

Dothan FTW!
    that's not good... you're overcharged, have to let some refrigerant out or put load on it (should be fine once you're set up, so leave it as-is for now)
    .:MeltedDuron:.
    Aurora - i5 7600K@4.2GHz- Zotac GTX1070 Mini - 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-3000 - Asus Prime Z270M - Fusion ioDrive Duo 1.2TB - 2x512GB Samsung Evo 970 Plus - Seagate FireCuda 2TB - HGST 4TB - Fractal Design Define Mini - Win7 and OSX 10.12
    Lenore - Xeon L5430 - Gigabyte G33M-DS2R - 2x2GB HyperX 6400 - Sapphire Radeon HD5450 - M-Audio Delta 1010 - Adaptec SCSI - 256GB Firestorm SSD - 1TB Samsung F1 - 2U rack mounted - WinXP and OSX 10.6
    Delilah - Pentium E5800 @ 4.2GHZ (VID mod) - Asrock Conroe865PE - Radeon 9800 Pro - 2x512MB GeiL Blue PC3200 - 30GB OCZ Vertex - 160GB Seagate - 2U rack mounted - Win98SE and Win2k
    Jezabel - Athlon XP 2800+ Barton @ 2100 (200*10.5) - ATi FireGL X1 256MB - Asus A7N8X-E Dlx - 2x512MB OCZ EL PC3200 - OG Antec Case - Win98SE and Win2k
    Mysti (WIP) - Pentium II 350MHz - Abit BX6 Rev2 - 4x256MB PC100 SDRAM - ATi Rage Fury Maxx - Diamond Monster 3D Voodoo2 8MB - 20GB IBM DeathStar - Still looking for the right case...

Xtreme Addict
    Nahh, not overcharged.... just need to overclock more to get the water temp up and then the evaporation rate up... :p JUST KIDDING!
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Xtreme Member
    atm thats running completely no load. havnt even put it in the res yet, so its cooling well...the room lol

Xtreme Member
    right guys, i just finished the build so i could test it. and boy oh boy was it sh*t. now i used water in the test, and the temp only droped too -0.4 which i have to say is terrible!. also the cap tube started to become HOT so i turned it off. this was after about 30mins running. i dont know weither beacsue i used water that had anything todo with it? the water didnt freeze and i knew it wouldnt beasue the water was moving. but i thought i would atleast see -5 with it?

should i try again? im getting to the stage where i might just scrap it and use the the w/c parts for watercooling. but then again, if it was becasue i used water..lol well thats a differnt story then.

Xtreme Addict
    It takes hours to pull down several litres of water. 30 minutes is only enough time to warm up the compressor. That compressor is fairly small and if it's designed for A/C then the cap tube length is probably set for not so low temps but higher capacity. Without insulation for the reservior you are adding a lot to the heat load.

How hot is the condensor? If you cap tube is hot then you are not cooling the condensor enough. It doesn't really matter how hot (to a point) the cap tube is as long as you know that it's still liquid inside.

Also, I would sleave your mains connections so you don't get a shock when you are putting you hands inside the box to measure things.

Things are progressing well.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    man i wish i had 1 lol

0.o

so do you need to let the setup sit for an hour or two before turning on your comp?

sorry to sound harsh but so would you if some one asked if nitroglycerin was a good coolant for his car!

Xtreme Addict
    so do you need to let the setup sit for an hour or two before turning on your comp?
    Only until the highside/lowside pressures equalize. On a healthy system this only takes a few minutes. If the system doesn't equalize and the lowside goes shooting up after you switch off the compressor you have a block.

Xtreme Member
    start of the week finished bulding the "shell" of the case and did a first run. which was APPALING. totally depressing, 0.4 degrees. not even zero, as u all know so i decided to redesign the layout.....15mins pipe bending later and

but then i added too much water, even tho i did get down to -5.7 degrees

Xtreme Enthusiast
    im watching this post closely 0.0 cause I doubt ill be able to find an hvac guy to help me out so im probably going to have to do what you did

Xtreme Addict
    This is a better layout. But you still really need insulation on the reservior. Lack of it is presenting a large unecessary heatload to the evaporator.

Xtreme Member
    i just finished the insulation of my res, before i didnt get chance beacause i was just testing the system before i insulated so i could seal it all up better. however now ive done it. the worst thing about it was finding a stuitable insulator..i ended up using this... and duck taped it to sucure no flow of air. i know its not perfect but its better than nothing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you used your pants?

( jk, if thats your leg lol )

What material is that stuff you used to insulate?

Xtreme Member
    PROBLEM. the water in my antifreeze is frozen. im at -6.0 and ive got 1" thick ice around my evap..would pure antifreeze work? i have no plan on going beyond -20 and i should think my pump would be able to pump it, as it was just pumping ice. lol

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmpy224
    you used your pants?

( jk, if thats your leg lol )

What material is that stuff you used to insulate?
    its some plumers insulation...like a strawy material 10mm thick.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex
    PROBLEM. the water in my antifreeze is frozen. im at -6.0 and ive got 1" thick ice around my evap..would pure antifreeze work? i have no plan on going beyond -20 and i should think my pump would be able to pump it, as it was just pumping ice. lol
    If ur Water/Antifreeze mixture is freezing on the evap than u need to add more antifreeze to the mixture. A 50/50 mixture should get you down to -40c or so.

I myself use winter windshield wiper fluid it won't freeze till -40c and does not thicken at low temps.
    My Rig:

Q6600 2.4Ghz@2.9Ghz Custom Liquid Cooling
    ATI X1950XTX 512mb DDR4
    MSI 975X Platinum PowerUp Edition
    2gb Kingston Hyper-X DDR2 667
    Sound Blaster Audigy2
    2 IDE HDD, 2 SATA HDD
    LG DL16XDVD Writer,52X CDROM
    OCZ 520Watt PSU 33Amp +12v
    Thermaltake Xaser III case
    Logitech Z560 4.1 400watt Surround Sound

3Dmark03-21112
    3Dmark05-12154
    3Dmark06-8054

Xtreme Member
    right i made a little mix of probably %50(windscreen stuff) 25%(water) 25%(antifreeze) and i got down to -10.

humm frost?...no...ice? yes.

Dothan FTW!
    looking good get some load on it, I'm interested in seeing what capacity this unit has...
    .:MeltedDuron:.
    Aurora - i5 7600K@4.2GHz- Zotac GTX1070 Mini - 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-3000 - Asus Prime Z270M - Fusion ioDrive Duo 1.2TB - 2x512GB Samsung Evo 970 Plus - Seagate FireCuda 2TB - HGST 4TB - Fractal Design Define Mini - Win7 and OSX 10.12
    Lenore - Xeon L5430 - Gigabyte G33M-DS2R - 2x2GB HyperX 6400 - Sapphire Radeon HD5450 - M-Audio Delta 1010 - Adaptec SCSI - 256GB Firestorm SSD - 1TB Samsung F1 - 2U rack mounted - WinXP and OSX 10.6
    Delilah - Pentium E5800 @ 4.2GHZ (VID mod) - Asrock Conroe865PE - Radeon 9800 Pro - 2x512MB GeiL Blue PC3200 - 30GB OCZ Vertex - 160GB Seagate - 2U rack mounted - Win98SE and Win2k
    Jezabel - Athlon XP 2800+ Barton @ 2100 (200*10.5) - ATi FireGL X1 256MB - Asus A7N8X-E Dlx - 2x512MB OCZ EL PC3200 - OG Antec Case - Win98SE and Win2k
    Mysti (WIP) - Pentium II 350MHz - Abit BX6 Rev2 - 4x256MB PC100 SDRAM - ATi Rage Fury Maxx - Diamond Monster 3D Voodoo2 8MB - 20GB IBM DeathStar - Still looking for the right case...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ditto

Xtreme Member
    too keep ypu guys up to date, earlier today i decided that before i put it on a cpu i need to get it colder...-10 issnt going to cut it. so off i went down to the pound shop and got me some "Concentrated Screen Wash" its includes anti-freeze and should be perfect. i also put a bottle of diliuted antifreeze in the freezer, so i could freeze the water inside and just get the antifreeze out..will run the system soon again see if i can get below -10.

just £1 thats $1.25 too you yanks out there

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast