Thread: The ULTIMATE ASUS CT-479 Adapter Modifications...You want MORE...GET IT...

Threaded View

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers

Thumbs up The ULTIMATE ASUS CT-479 Adapter Modifications...You want MORE...GET IT...

Well, I'll try to explain some things to you in simple words...

REMEMBER THIS: DOTHAN CPU's can do MORE BUT ASUS CT-479 adapter, just DOESN'T let them...

Now...I have a DOTHAN 740 CPU (not mine) in my hands that could do 3D Benchable on air with the ASUS adapter's heatsink, MAX 2700MHz...OK....
    Put it into a prommie and it did MAX 3074MHz 3D and other stuff benchable...I could run a Super-Pi 32M @ 3074MHz also...Everything over 3100MHz was NO GO...Freezings and things like that....Also it couldn't handle over 1.575VCore...

I said to my self: "HOW the hek is it possible to go up to 3100MHz MAX and NOT EVEN 1MHz fsb more than that!!......Do this reminds you something??...

Time for reading and afterwards modding....

I downloaded Intel's datasheets for Dothan CPU's and take a good look on them....

BINGO

ASUS has done a BIG mistake on the design of the CT-479 adapter as for US Overclockers...
    Well not really a mistake BUT they didn't have "US" in mind when they designed the adapter...
    They have designed in for everyone out there....

Modding the adapter I gained:

DOTHAN 740 BEFORE Mods
    Benchable 2700MHz on air with the default ASUS heatsink
    Benchable 3074MHz in a Prommie

DOTHAN 740 AFTER the Mods
    Benchable 2830MHz on air with the default ASUS heatsink
    Benchable 3224MHz in a Prommie

PLUS I even HAVEN'T finished searching for MORE mods or for more (beeeeepppp - SORRY NOT now)...

At this point, I'm uploading you the "simple mods" that can be done....

UNFORTUNATELY for you, I will NOT upload the "ULTIMATE Mod" for the time been coz I'm preparing my stuff for some heavy benching in one of the following days....

BUT I promise you that as soon as I finish my benching, I'll upload AND the "ULTIMATE Mod" of the ASUS CT-479 adapter...and even more...

BAD thing is that when playing around with the mods, I blow up one of my ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe mobo....Now I have to repair it - when I find some time to do so

Let's get started...

As I ALWAYS say: "FILTER EVERYTHING"...

This photo shows the adapter ripped off so as to find out where the lines underneath the socket goes...

This one shows the other side of the adapter - ripped off as well....

Now....Let's do some moding...

In the above photo you can see TWO electrolytic capacitors....One is a normal 100uF/16V and the other one is an SMD 47uF/16V tantalum - you can solder a regular one also...These two are for the "incoming" 12Volts line...

In the above photo you can see some SMD 1uF/63V ceramic capacitors - you can put 100nF/63V ceramic SMD capacitors if you don't find 1uF/63V...As you can see, there is a BLACK SMD 22uF/10V tantalum capacitor as well...This one AND the two on the left of it, are for the VCore of the DOTHAN - in simple words and not to confuse you....

The uper left circled missing electrolytic capacitor, is the one we have soldered BELOW the adapter...

If you have anything to ask - exept for the "ULTIMATE Mod" - Please do....

Final words are:
    Your DOTHAN CPU's are going to kick some "green" butts for SURE in a few days....

TO BE CONTINUED......
    Last edited by hipro5; 12-05-2005 at 06:12 PM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...