Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install the AMD X2 drivers, hotfix, the correct way.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaseb
    this operation is highly recommanded on opty dual core or only for X2?

It should work for both.

Firstly, Hi to all
    Nice forums.

Secondly, nice post but I have a problem.After installing the hotfix,when the pc reboots,just after the boot screen I get a BSOD and an error saying 'Page fault in a non paged area'

Any ideas what this could be.
    I had to use system restore to go back in safe mode.

Thanks
    AMD x2 4400
    Asus AN8 Sli Premium

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by WepX
    Firstly, Hi to all
    Nice forums.

Secondly, nice post but I have a problem.After installing the hotfix,when the pc reboots,just after the boot screen I get a BSOD and an error saying 'Page fault in a non paged area'

Any ideas what this could be.
    I had to use system restore to go back in safe mode.

Thanks
    AMD x2 4400
    Asus AN8 Sli Premium
    Hey, thanks, if you are overclocking disable cool n quiet, even if you arent, i would disable it anyway......and make sure you did the fix exactly as directed, uninstall the hot fix from add/remove in control panel and start over.

Thanks for the reply.
    I uninstalled the hotfix.

Installed the amd driver..rebooted...OK
    Installed the hotfix..rebooted..BSOD
    Same error,
    Paged_fault_in_a_non_paged_area
    0x00000050 (0x80705000,0x00000000,0xE15C047E,0x00000000 )

Appreciate the help

CnQ disabled

Another note is...I can install either the hotfix OR the amd drivers with no problems.Just cant have them both on

I tried it last night and it worked fine on my computer (AMD X2 4400, GA-K8N Ultra SLI, 7800GTX).

Before I had 76XX when I ran 3DMark05, now I get 7833

Sweet! Thanks GAR!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I installed on Monday without any issues with Opteron 180. I didn't see any improvement on benches though.
    24/7 Work & Play Rig
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5, i7 920 @ 4.56ghz 1.48v 21x217, G.Skill PI 12Gb 8-8-8-24-1T 1.56V @ 1736Mhz
    EK Supreme HF P1, Dual EK DCP 4.0 Pumps and EK Res, XSPC RX360 & RX240 w/ 1850rpm GT's
    Sapphire HD 4870 1Gb @ 810/1020mhz, 2x Dell 2407, 2x 1Tb WD Black SATA3, 2x 2Tb Hitachi 7k2000
    Cooler Master ATCS 840, Corsair 750TX PSU, running OSX 10.6.3 & Win 7 64

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by WepX
    Thanks for the reply.
    I uninstalled the hotfix.

Installed the amd driver..rebooted...OK
    Installed the hotfix..rebooted..BSOD
    Same error,
    Paged_fault_in_a_non_paged_area
    0x00000050 (0x80705000,0x00000000,0xE15C047E,0x00000000 )

Appreciate the help

CnQ disabled
    check your bios and see if there is an option to disable cool n quiet, if there is do so and try again...see what happens.

great sticky the only thing you may want
    to add is to back-up registry first.
    DFI Ultra-d
    04/06/06
    AMD 4000 sandie o/c 2730mhz
    2x1024 OCZ pc4000EB
    1 SeaGate 120qb IDE
    7950 gx2
    OCZ 600w PowerStream
    win XP sp2
    CoolerMaster Stacker
    DELL 2405fpw LCD

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by flabeachbum
    great sticky the only thing you may want
    to add is to back-up registry first.
    Great idea, i shall add that in the post.

Hi

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I did not see a clear answer in the thread.

If both Cool and Quiet & CPU Throttling is disabled in the BIOS, then why are these AMD drivers and REG fixs needed / necessary ?

Ben

Xtreme Member
    Ben the reg fix is not needed if you are not using C&Q.
    wolfdale e8400
    Corsair Dominator 6400c4 4x 1gig
    rampage formula
    evga 88000gtx
    x-fi platinum
    ocz powerstream 520

Xtreme Guru
    Actually, if you dont have these drivers and the other stuff done in a dual core system, you will most likely get speed ups and slwo downs after an hour of gaming or more, not with all games and not in all cases, you might be fine without drivers or registry entries....but these steps ensure stability and performance, these steps will give you a 1-5% increase in performance, uninstall everything do a benchmark, then install and bench, you will see a slight increase

I am having a problem with cool and quiet with my opteron 165 on my MSI K8N Neo4 F. The cpu is very new (just arrived 3 days ago and hadn't time to see about performance and overclocking issues. Also it is pretested from trend4pc.de to do 9*305@1.5 but for now I will stay default). But what I did notice is that cool & quiet doesn't affect the multiplier and vcore. Before opteron 165 I had a venice 3000+ and cool and quiet was correctly setting my cpu at 5*200/1.1V when I was selecting low power from windows. Now, no matter which power scheme I choose, the opty stays at 9*200/1.350. So far I have done the following:

-Updated to the latest bios

-Enabled cool and quiet on Bios

-Installed the amdcpu.exe driver from AMD's site (By the way I also tried the one from MSI's site but I think it's older than AMD's and now I see that device manager reports version 1.2.2.0, would the correct be 1.2.2.2?)

-Made sure my Boot.ini is ok as described in this sticky

-Edited my registry as advised by the sticky

-The only thing missing is the hotfix by ms but I can't use the english version because it refuses to install on my localized copy of windows xp pro sp2 because of language incompatibility as it says. I have already asked microsoft for the correct hotfix and waiting for reply.

Any one with a same board as my MSI K8N Neo4 F had a similar experience or a correctly working dual core cpu with this mainboard?

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ION84
    I am having a problem with cool and quiet with my opteron 165 on my MSI K8N Neo4 F. The cpu is very new (just arrived 3 days ago and hadn't time to see about performance and overclocking issues. Also it is pretested from trend4pc.de to do 9*305@1.5 but for now I will stay default). But what I did notice is that cool & quiet doesn't affect the multiplier and vcore. Before opteron 165 I had a venice 3000+ and cool and quiet was correctly setting my cpu at 5*200/1.1V when I was selecting low power from windows. Now, no matter which power scheme I choose, the opty stays at 9*200/1.350. So far I have done the following:

-Updated to the latest bios

-Enabled cool and quiet on Bios

-Installed the amdcpu.exe driver from AMD's site (By the way I also tried the one from MSI's site but I think it's older than AMD's and now I see that device manager reports version 1.2.2.0, would the correct be 1.2.2.2?)

-Made sure my Boot.ini is ok as described in this sticky

-Edited my registry as advised by the sticky

-The only thing missing is the hotfix by ms but I can't use the english version because it refuses to install on my localized copy of windows xp pro sp2 because of language incompatibility as it says. I have already asked microsoft for the correct hotfix and waiting for reply.

Any one with a same board as my MSI K8N Neo4 F had a similar experience or a correctly working dual core cpu with this mainboard?
    Try this, first clear your cmos (bios), second, make sure you disable cool and quiet, you shouldnt have cool n quiet enabled if your ever going to overclock, even if your arent i wuold suggest you disabling it anyway. try that see what happens.

For start I would like to actually see cool and quiet working. Right now I have a weak psu and I won't overclock until I replace it (hec 385) with enermax 535.

I will try disabling c&q by clearing cmos but what I want is to see c&q working as it did on my venice.

It would be very nice if someone with same board as mine (or even different), could tell us if c&q works ok with dual core A64/opteron 939 at default.

Tried clearing cmos but no luck. I booted into windows and C&Q didn't work. Then rebooted again and enabled C&Q from the bios but still no luck. Any ideas?

Xtreme Guru
    Tried clearing cmos but no luck. I booted into windows and C&Q didn't work. Then rebooted again and enabled C&Q from the bios but still no luck. Any ideas?
    what board are you using?

MSI K8N Neo4 F

Xtreme Member
    When I enable the Reg Key (used the provided pre-made reg file), I get into windows, but get a "critical error". windows keeps working (didn't try to run anything).

I disabled it, and rebooted, no "critical error".

BTW, i've never noticed any stuttering in games/benches so far anyways... If I'm brave enough to try the reg set to 1 again, I'll take a screen of the critical error window.

Oh, and before I just installed the hotfix and didn't edit the registry.. this was fine too with no problems.
    Barton 2500+@2.7Ghz Air, NF7S v2, 1Gb OCZ 3500GX
    9700Pro, PCP&C 510 - Old School Box - Now the GFs

New PC:
    Opty 170 0543TPMW @ 2.73Ghz 1.55V, tT BT, Asus A8N32-SLI, 2x EVGA 7800GT CO @485/1.15, 1GBx2 Mushkin XP4000 Redline CE6, Enermax 660 Quad Rail

Xtreme Guru
    MSI K8N Neo4 F
    hmmmm........i dont know why it should do that, im sure its something with cool n quiet......

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by phadeout
    When I enable the Reg Key (used the provided pre-made reg file), I get into windows, but get a "critical error". windows keeps working (didn't try to run anything).

I disabled it, and rebooted, no "critical error".

BTW, i've never noticed any stuttering in games/benches so far anyways... If I'm brave enough to try the reg set to 1 again, I'll take a screen of the critical error window.

Oh, and before I just installed the hotfix and didn't edit the registry.. this was fine too with no problems.
    wierd.....

Anyone with an MSI K8N Ne04 F and an opteron to tell us if he had better luck?

Hotfix for all the other laguages, not only english.Not done for me , i read it was modified by someone called IRONCATAN.
    It worked for me , my system is in spanish.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3HVW4UI
    Last edited by Beatle; 12-09-2005 at 05:51 PM.

Installed it but Cool & Quiet still doesn't work (I am reminding that I am not talking about performance problems, just that the multi and vcore don't drop as it should).

Any ideas? Anyone with MSI K8N Neo4 F and dualcore opteron to help a little? Or even with other boards so that I can blame my board?

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast