Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get 15v?

Evil Kitty
    Originally posted by Jasonxxx
    I have 12v 40a output on my dedicated Vicor powersupply and can adjust up to 13.2v.......But does not have active cooling, so I will wait for the meanwell to get here..

Have any of you guy seen improvement when upping the voltage from 12v to say 13.8v.......

I have a 13.8 25a Meanwell p.s. on its way.........
    I have the same setup as Marci (226w TEC powered by the meanwell s320-12). It is also adjustable +/- 10%. I also find my system runs best (coolest) at about 12.8. Any higher produces zero gain as the law of diminishing returns comes into play even though the TEC is rated at 15v.
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

Xtreme Member
    thanks mdzcpa,

At least I know there might be a little more cooling I squeeze out of this rig......I guess I will turn it up to around 12.8 and then work on cooling the hot side down some more, ie.. better flow and a second external rad......

anymore info or setups you have used with water/tec rigs would always help........:smileysex

As far as using the PC powersupply, thats not such a good idea.......
    When I first got my tec I wanted to install it right now and not wait for the powersupply, so I plugged it into my 431watt Enermax 12v line via a molex connnector...

It worked fine for about 2weeks until I started smelling like burnt electrical wires, electronics etc.... so I looked inside my case and didn't see nothing out of the ordinary......I turn the pc off and took a flashlight to the inside of the case and to my supprise I found the molex and the wires melted to a crispy black finish!!!!!

It doesn't run any cooler on the dedicated powersupply, but at least I it won't burn up my Enermax p.s........as it was stressing it pretty hard......Susprised it didn't go up in smoke.......

So I wouldn't advise using a normal PC power supply....It just cannot handle the amperage the tec pulls.......
    Last edited by Jasonxxx; 02-07-2003 at 06:34 AM.
    Opty 170 @ (300htt X 10) 1.4*110% V "TRUE H.S."
    2GB Mushkin Redline @ 250mhz 3,3,2,8,7,16 (1t)
    DFI UT SLI-DR NF4
    Diamond 4870X2
    300G V. Raptor / 1T WD
    Audigy 2 ZS
    PCP & Cooling Turbo 510 SLI
    CM Stacker.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12