Thread: Intel inside a mac starting January

Xtremely slow runner

Intel inside a mac starting January

www.thinksecret.com has release a note today stating that Apple is likely to release a mac based on Intel at the SF convention in January.

The first mac to be impacted are likely to be the ibook and other consumer based product (mac mini i guess). The pro will have to wait a little longer the time for the x86 app to be fully stabilized for the plateform.

It is also likely to expect a drop in price with the ibook starting around 700$ (300$ less than it is now).
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Av by Frisch This is not a Lime tree

Xtreme Addict
    Wow, the price drop is pretty crazy. Does this mean the iBook will use the Celeron Ms rather than the Dothans?

Xtremely slow runner
    I think it will be based on the Yonah's (still not determined if it'll be the dual or single core version)
    The price drop is still a rumor and apple could well decide to keep the price as it is.
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i bet its single core and the pro one is with dual core

Xtremely slow runner
    Hum could be. I don't know about the Intel roadmap but aren't they planning chips with more than two cores before June? In that case it would be : consumer one or two cores, pro more than 2 cores

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by antipop
    Hum could be. I don't know about the Intel roadmap but aren't they planning chips with more than two cores before June? In that case it would be : consumer one or two cores, pro more than 2 cores
    Yonah (dual-core "dothan") is slated for early january 2006

Edit; and i'm pretty sure the mac's are going to have them.
    . C2Q Q9550 | Asus P5K Deluxe | 4x1GB Corsair TwinX CL4 DDR2-800 | CLUB 3D 4870X2 | .
    . Corsair HX620W | XtremeMusic | Antec P182 | TR 120 Ultra Extreme | Ultimate x64 .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvador
    Yonah (dual-core "dothan") is slated for early january 2006

Edit; and i'm pretty sure the mac's are going to have them.
    yupp macs are gonna have em
    CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5530 @ 3.6Ghz
    GPU: 2x 580GTX
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
    MB: Evga SR-2
    HDD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
    PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 1200W
    Monitor: 4x Samsung Sync Master 245BW

Xtremely slow runner
    Another thinksecret rumor http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0511macmini2.html

If this comes out, i'd be the first to buy one! A lot of people have been waiting for something like this.

I've installed frontrow on my PB and it's a good soft, it can still be improved and i hope the version 2.0 will bring some big features

Ebay Hater
    A cheap iBook is something I need. A laptop that can use word and will last 2 years.
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...iconvalley_rss

here is another interesting article.....

"The new laptops are based on Intel's new Napa platform that will enable the biggest upgrade in two years for portable technology. An Apple laptop with the technology could address the pent-up demand among the Macintosh faithful who have been disappointed with Apple laptops that run on Power PC chips. Apple said this year it would switch to Intel by mid-2006"

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

Xtremely slow runner
    Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...iconvalley_rss

here is another interesting article.....

"The new laptops are based on Intel's new Napa platform that will enable the biggest upgrade in two years for portable technology. An Apple laptop with the technology could address the pent-up demand among the Macintosh faithful who have been disappointed with Apple laptops that run on Power PC chips. Apple said this year it would switch to Intel by mid-2006"
    It indeed looks very interesting, I cannot wait for January to see what apple will announce as new hardware

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by antipop
    www.thinksecret.comThe pro will have to wait a little longer the time for the x86 app to be fully stabilized for the plateform.
    To put it short, they're waiting for 64 bit CPU's.

Apple tries to decide if going 64 bit or not.
    G4: 32 bit
    G5: 64 bit
    Yonah: 32 bit
    Merom: 64 bit

In a way it makes sense, we will only see Apple+Intel in January in products that have G4's today, because they don't want to take a step backwards.
    Last edited by Mats; 12-15-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangyl
    Wow, the price drop is pretty crazy. Does this mean the iBook will use the Celeron Ms rather than the Dothans?

CELERON M are Also Dothans...

Alex