Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 200!!!!!!!

Here to help

Thumbs up Top 200!!!!!!!

Wow Top 200 now and still climbing

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...ist.php?s=&p=2

Well done to all the old and new members who made this possible. I like being on page two

Time to shift the target to the top 100

And have a litlle dance too!

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Cruncher
    Congratulations guys. You are amazing.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Wow, u guys are flying at the moment. Top 100 will be tough. U guys are gonna need some extra power to get u there.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moddolicous
    Wow, u guys are flying at the moment. Top 100 will be tough. U guys are gonna need some extra power to get u there.
    2 boxes now folding (i sold most of my gear).
    Been away for a while guys but ugly n grey gave me a poke in the ribs the other day so thought id better start folding again. Top 200, hats a hell of a difference since i stopped folding , back then i was just behind behind Pythagoras but by the looks of things theres a lot of company computers folding for XS now.

Well done everyone.
    I7 Processor on phase 5.5ghz

WTG Team Woof Woof Woof Woof!!!!

And to Oublie, welcome back man
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    aww an OC virgin! lose it tonight with Xtremesystems!!!

Xtreme Member
    Heh my first 450 point contribution made it in time :-)
    ~~My Spoon is too Big!!!~~

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D
    AMD San Diego 3700+
    2x 512mb Mushkin Lvl2 Black! - The original BH-5
    2x SATA Raptor (10k RPM) 36 gig HD's in RAID 0
    BFG 6600GT
    All snug in a Lian-Li PC-7 Case =)

XS Mad Scientist
    the gains ordinal gains will be slower now. Top 100 would be great, but I dunno if we have the guns for it, really.

You might be surpised Angra, it takes relatively few active folders to reach top 100. Our active user base is increasing and I'm not against adding some coporate firepower myself. It's just a matter of time and priority. I'll continue to promote the team and XS overall trying to get us there. I have ordered a couple Pentium D 830 rigs to add just for this. I can't add more until I get my internet connection and my power issues fixed.

I plan to keep a pen drive in my pocket with F@H on it and dump a build on family and friends PC's as well when the occasions arise (they always do)....

just occasional attention to the effort goes a long way...
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOmens
    Heh my first 450 point contribution made it in time :-)
    HEY wow I just reread the thread and saw that ... thanks man

BOYCOTT MIR's

XS Mad Scientist
    electricity thief!!!

well with winter coming, at least you can argue that it's helping to heat the computer room.

Xtreme Addict
    Congrats

Just curious how many people still fold? I remember a lot of people were doing it a year back but now I dont see the banners in anyones sigs anymore. Or did most of those guys go to XR?

Here to help
    We started a new team Crash

And we are already a top 100 team as far as our average 24 hour production goes:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...t.php?s=&srt=3

But it would take awhile to get there at current levels as most of the top 100 teams have anywhere upto 4 years start on us.

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Cruncher
    Once the D2ol team gets to 1st place, I'm sure some of us will join the F@H team.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Addict
    Ill be joining F@H once I build my FX-57 rig give me a week or two waiting for my BB modded Ls to arrive. Actually it is not even a LS just looks like one lol :P but in fact is is much colder

XS_THE_MACHINE
    When The d2ol team reaches #1, I will get the 10 or so comps at my YMCA to do folding at home for this team. As for the comps at home, when out d2ol team has a comfortable lead in #1 (maybe the start of summer?) I will get those going as well. So expect me to have some comps added to this team by ~february.
    BTW, the comps are 1.3ghz celerons with 128mb cache . But, 1.3ghz x 12 (or more) = 15.6 or more ghz or more of processing power.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Im gonna reformat the xpmobile soner or later and once thats done and I gte a new psu for kids Ill have combined 9.6ghz amd folding power rippin it up..

Right now only on dual core X2 @ 2.4 cause of heat issues
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

Xtreme Enthusiast
    im leavin mine on all day while im at school now

im getting a few friends to start up too

plus i might add it to all the comps at school lol and leave them running all day.

Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    I'll come blow on your heatsink for a dollar. Thats pretty ghetto
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    sorry to sound harsh but so would you if some one asked if nitroglycerin was a good coolant for his car!
    Check out my forum: http://www.anarchyst-it.com

Xtreme Member
    Great work guys!!!

Next 100 should be cake. Were're gonna have to do some major recruiting to cut through the top 50 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmpy224
    im leavin mine on all day while im at school now

im getting a few friends to start up too

plus i might add it to all the comps at school lol and leave them running all day.
    Yea, I am trying to leave my pcs on 24/7 now that its officially cold enough. And changed my username to one since you suckaz keep passing me

Just install the console and config it as a service.. theyll never know! If I wasn't about to graduate college in dec, I'de hit up every lab on campus. My luck, I'de get expelled for a good cause.
    Last edited by bmac11; 11-09-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Yea put in as a service and put it on 50% cpu ... would never figure it out
    ~~My Spoon is too Big!!!~~

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D
    AMD San Diego 3700+
    2x 512mb Mushkin Lvl2 Black! - The original BH-5
    2x SATA Raptor (10k RPM) 36 gig HD's in RAID 0
    BFG 6600GT
    All snug in a Lian-Li PC-7 Case =)

Xtreme Member
    I have a suggestion... maybe we should split our loads between F@H and D2OL on a personal basis. So that we can speed up D2OL to #1, after that I think our F@H will be much more competitive as people switch to F@H. Also, there are some machines that are significantly better for F@H while some are better for D2OL. If we as a team create a chart maybe people can decide which machines to put on which project and hopefully we can optimize the score to processing power ratio between F@H and D2OL projects. I think if we're smart about how we're organizing our machines as a team we can optimize our scoring.

For example, Intel P-4 CPUs seem to be rocking on F@H at due to QMDs... I feel like I'm wasting my A64 on this project when it gets these 50-100 point projects. Just a thought.
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    1 GB of OCZ PC3700EL Platinum TCCD
    AMD 3500+ Clawhammer (XP-120)
    eVGA 6200 -> 6600 softmod

I used to d20l and fold for here but this dayum X2 gets a bit hot man, and I dont like that..
    Still havent made my trip to home depot, but once I do if I can run both 24/7 about 40 loaded I sure will..
    The Newark did d20l and F2H 24/7 for a while at 2.9
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

I am Xtreme
    ackbar has a very good point, but arent many of the d20l team running xeon LV rigs? those would kickass on folding, but i doubt we could get them away from the d20l team.

a chart might make things very good though, i only have one amd rig, and i surely would rather have it crunching then folding, as you are corect on how you are feeling.

My P4 2.0a can output more per day then a 2.6ghz amd proc, just isnt right.

Maybe when intel users see how much thier rigs can help the folding team, we could get some people switching.

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy
    I used to d20l and fold for here but this dayum X2 gets a bit hot man, and I dont like that..
    Still havent made my trip to home depot, but once I do if I can run both 24/7 about 40 loaded I sure will..
    The Newark did d20l and F2H 24/7 for a while at 2.9
    X2 loves a good workout! .. Im at full load at 39C and thats with my fans at 7V. I ran 1.70 volts just to see how fast i could burn it up for one week using F@H and it survived. What are you using for cooling? Im on a Cathar G5 Storm, BIP3 and dual Aqua's.

Xtreme Member
    Ill hook up another CPU tomorry! Nice job Xtremists I only joined 2 weeks ago and already there's 14 new members. Fold ON !
    OC:Cpuz220139 Cpuz259146
    #1.*DFI-VENUS*Opteron-185*XP-Pro*OCZ600SLI*2x1024KingstonHX*Audigy2zs*8800GTS@6 80/1030*|CustomChilled|
    #2.*DFI-ULTRA-D*Opteron-180*Vista-Ult*GeilOne-S-2x512*OCZ600SLI*74gbRaptorx2*Audigy2zs*7900GT*Lian LiHtpc*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congrats on making the top 200 on behalf of OCAU

- IKT/NN420

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast