Thread: Safe operating Vcore on FX57

Safe operating Vcore on FX57

Hello,

What would you guys consider maximum safe operating Vcore on a FX57 cooled by a Vapo LS for daily use?

I'm currently in the process of OCing my relatively new system, but im fresh to AMD OCing and need some advice!

Thanks in advance.

Xtreme Member
    There is no safe limit that will still be safe for every chip. Every proccessor is different, some will take 1.7v without complaint while others will die after a few years at just 1.5v.

The best thing to do, is to see how much each voltage boost gives you. My 3200+ does 2.5 at 1.4v, 2.7 at 1.525v, and 2.78 at 1.625v. The first increase of 0.125v gives me an extra 200mhz or so, the second increase of .1 gives me an extra 80mhz (its only OCCT stable here, 2.7 at 1.525 is prime stable). Since an extra .1v doesn't even get me prime stable at 2.78, and the increase is only 80mhz, its easier and safer to just drop it down to 2.7 and live relatively headache free.

Since you are using a vapochil system (I'm assuming atleast -30 at load) you could probably run your FX at 1.625v and be just as safe as I am on 1.525v (decreased temps = less damage from voltage over time).

Heres a good guide on overvolting:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=384756