Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 36362 XS Folding Roster

Xtreme Member
    it is gentoo-amd64.

An OpenNIC member.

XS Mad Scientist
    oh yeah you said what CPU you had, didn't you . That's what I get for only reading threads in reverse order.

linux64 SMP client is def. the way to go for points. I am only using 1/3 of my cluster for folding, all on 64/SMP and it outdoes what my entire cluster did running the old linux client by 50%.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angra View Post
    oh yeah you said what CPU you had, didn't you . That's what I get for only reading threads in reverse order.

linux64 SMP client is def. the way to go for points. I am only using 1/3 of my cluster for folding, all on 64/SMP and it outdoes what my entire cluster did running the old linux client by 50%.
    they didnt have the 64/smp in the emerge tree

I'm gonna set up the fah to end after its done with the non SMP WU.

An OpenNIC member.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angra View Post

Does it work nicely on a amd64x2?

I tried the windows smp on a centino duo. and it was running 4 processes.

An OpenNIC member.

XS Mad Scientist
    the part of my cluster that is running the client has dual single core opterons in each node. They seem to turn a little less than 1000 ppd each node, something like that.

THere are 4 processes but on a dual core system it assigns 2 per core. It works fine, I'm running the SMP client on a s939 AMD opteron (basically the same as an X2 except 1MB L2 cache standard and typically more OC headroom hehe).
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 2long4u View Post
    count me in.
    Damn glad to have you
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    aww an OC virgin! lose it tonight with Xtremesystems!!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    hi TopherTony welcome, ready to crunch Tom's Hardware?
    Seems like we passed Tom's....

58 36362 xtremesystems.org 36531650
    59 40061 Toms Hardware 36199708

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung

I just downloaded the folding@home program. I will start with one machine for now but may add a second machine after I finish doing some work on it.

cvoid!
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    to the Team...

welcome, glad to have you cvoid, what brings you in to the folding team? Tell us about your hardware! we're all up for some geek pr0n.
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    welcome, glad to have you cvoid, what brings you in to the folding team? Tell us about your hardware! we're all up for some geek pr0n.
    The reason I picked the folding team was I wanted to do something on my computer when Im not there, such as at work or when Im in school, and this seemed like something worth doing.

Right now I only have one computer running the folding@home and its an older computer:

Mach Speed motherboard (don't remember model number and since Im at work I can't just look at the box )
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    2.5GBs of Kingston RAM
    Windows XP (may switch it over to run on Suse linux, but when I downloaded the program I had windows up and was also downloading some other things so I didn't want to reboot at the time to set it up on that)

The computer I am working on and will also probable put folding@home on is:

Intel DX38BT motherboard
    Intel QX9650
    2GBs of Kingston RAM
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit version

The AMD machine I can't really overclock since it becomes unstable on anything past 2.1GHz but hopefully with the intel extreme I will be able to overclock it to at least 4GHz

Xtreme Addict
    hey wow im in the first post, was ranked 25! what happened!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Ugly
    This lead to the unfortunate incident regarding the family dog spilling my beer.. rest in peace Lassie.. rest in peace.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mnewxcv View Post
    hey wow im in the first post, was ranked 25! what happened!?!?!?
    You fell down... lol I'm dropping my quest for FM's top 20 ( currently just made 28 ) since I moved production here. Will probably put the c2d back for them when I finally get a proper clocking board for this quad

Looks like I can make top 20 here to, never thought XS would allow a single cpu to get on the daily top 20's already was ashame my lone e6600 on occasion led FM's daily's let alone XS

Fold on people, make me a litle bit more humble

Edit: skype?

Edit2:

I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but if you guys want to keep a list off active folders and what their running, I'm doing that on FM to and wouldn't mind doing it for XS. Just seems the current roster isn't being maintained atm, it's a diffrent setup also then what I was used to but if you tell me what you want to see I'm sure I could be off help
    Last edited by Marvin_The_Martian; 02-10-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin_The_Martian View Post
    I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but if you guys want to keep a list off active folders and what their running, I'm doing that on FM to and wouldn't mind doing it for XS. Just seems the current roster isn't being maintained atm, it's a diffrent setup also then what I was used to but if you tell me what you want to see I'm sure I could be off help
    Well, in addition to the obvious stuff, I think it would be cool to have some kind of "horsepower" metric, like a GHz-to-WU ratio number or perhaps average frames/day. I'm really new to all this, but I am curious how to get a folding system that provides the highest return in computational horsepower versus watts/heat/system cost...

I find the "calculation flexibility" aspect intriguing too. I think it would be great if the F@H client could produce some additional stats around types of WUs being performed so we could have teams configure different client types to actually race towards solving particular problems that are high priority....
    e.g., if our team could get bonus points for hosting a richer set of hardware/client types, then we could put more of the most valuable calculation horsepower online and thus benefit the project more. Am I making sense?

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coo-coo-clocker View Post
    Well, in addition to the obvious stuff, I think it would be cool to have some kind of "horsepower" metric, like a GHz-to-WU ratio number or perhaps average frames/day. I'm really new to all this, but I am curious how to get a folding system that provides the highest return in computational horsepower versus watts/heat/system cost...

I find the "calculation flexibility" aspect intriguing too. I think it would be great if the F@H client could produce some additional stats around types of WUs being performed so we could have teams configure different client types to actually race towards solving particular problems that are high priority....
    e.g., if our team could get bonus points for hosting a richer set of hardware/client types, then we could put more of the most valuable calculation horsepower online and thus benefit the project more. Am I making sense?
    I think you are looking for something like this site http://fahinfo.org/

And I believe it's best if Stanford doesn't give us too much freedom. It's not a game they are making and imo it's a lot better if they put time and effort in making faster clients than giving the users a lot of options which not everyone would need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    I'm just not seeing the beneift to the AMD stuff right now. I mean it's fun to play with, but so is your willy and it only lasts so long before you need something else to do.

http://fahinfo.org/index.php?avgscores=true
    Points per day per Ghz metrics as per request. Power metrics depend on your particular OC setup.

You change what clients you receive by the flagging of the executable. Computers that can handle the SMP clients are of the greatest interest at the moment I believe and they require a separate client. Most of us who are active in this subforum have tweaked out gear for best results, I think you can see that by sorting through the active folders in the top 20 sorted by daily production.

BOYCOTT MIR's

Xtreme Cruncher
    holy folding stats, batman! That is cool stuff!
    I'm feelin like a dunce now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coo-coo-clocker View Post

+1

Fahinfo is nice

I'll just start folding now, though I have a crappy Celeron D, kept @ stock. I can only fold w/ 50% CPU usage, though due to temperature issues.

EDIT: Folding name is my username
    Last edited by firefox > IE; 03-12-2008 at 05:54 PM.
    Abit SG-80
    Celeron D 2.93
    x700pro AGP
    512 DDR 266 RAM
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...firefox_%3E_IE

That's OK, whatever you have to bring is great! The point is that you are folding, that's what is important
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Cruncher
    Welcome to the team FF>IE
    Hopefully you more time for posting too. Quite a difference between for example you and Sparky

XS Mad Scientist
    Welcome FF>IE!

Don't worry about what you fold with. Entrance to this club is cheap . My HS economics teacher used to say "That dime might keep you from becoming a millionaire" - which is to say that no matter how fast you are going through WUs, yours might be the one that unlocks the key to curing cancer.

Thanks for the contribution and welcome to the team!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast