Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: G.Skill 2GBZX DDR400 2-3-2-5 Test

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gundamit
    Can't believe this question hasn't been asked a little louder. How in the name of the OC gods did you get the multi to 15 on an Opteron 146? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention but as far as I know the multi is locked going up.

yea how'd you do that

btw check out my ch-5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.2v's.JPG 
Views:	476 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	39168  
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

G.Skill USA Tech
    It won't work for me... If I cant reach 235-240 at CAS 2.5, I'm selling this memory and going OCZ Platinum 4000 EB, but I still hope it can be done with G.Skill as it would save me 100$

GS Technician - in case of failure is there a chance to exchange my ZX kit for HX if I cover price difference???

Thanks

Pawel
    i am really sorry that i can't do this for anyone
    i can suggest you to buy 2GBHX since it has "better chance" to work 2.5-3-2-5 @ 500 but i don't guarentee it.

thats not a very fair question. If they were guarenteed they would be called ddr500 or whatever. There only rated to 400, if they do that then there is no reason to rma. No overclock is guranteed. These kind of questions and reaction are what got duaonger of mushkin in trouble. Please stay clear of getting the reps in trouble. they are here to inform us, just be glad he can show us that they can overclock at all.
    that's right

Can't believe this question hasn't been asked a little louder. How in the name of the OC gods did you get the multi to 15 on an Opteron 146? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention but as far as I know the multi is locked going up.
    i think i damage it while i am clear my bios. it happened last sunday. i am when i went into bios too
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner@Large
    thats not a very fair question. If they were guarenteed they would be called ddr500 or whatever. There only rated to 400, if they do that then there is no reason to rma. No overclock is guranteed. These kind of questions and reaction are what got duaonger of mushkin in trouble. Please stay clear of getting the reps in trouble. they are here to inform us, just be glad he can show us that they can overclock at all.
    Sorry for mu english . I formed my question wrong way I assume... To be clear, I was asking Technician if G.Skill has a kit that is able to do my desired timings. Simply if I should try HX in case ZX wouldn't work for me, and if HX overclock better...

Anyway it seems from fedex tracking that my kit is going to be here on friday . I will post my results

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G.S Technician

i think i damage it while i am clear my bios. it happened last sunday. i am when i went into bios too
    So what did you do to your BIOS? Tell us how you did proceed.
    Testing Rig
    Lian Li PC-S80
    Enermax Liberty 620W
    Asus P5K
    Conroe E6600
    2Gb OCZ PC8500 - @650 Club
    BFG 8800GTS 320Mb
    2xSamsung 80Gb SATA II Raid 0
    1xSeagate 320Gb SATA II 16Mb
    Pioneer DVR 110-D
    Water Cooled (MCP655-Storm-Maze4gpu-BIX-1/2tubing)

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Micha
    Sorry for mu english . I formed my question wrong way I assume... To be clear, I was asking Technician if G.Skill has a kit that is able to do my desired timings. Simply if I should try HX in case ZX wouldn't work for me, and if HX overclock better...

Anyway it seems from fedex tracking that my kit is going to be here on friday . I will post my results
    it is hard for me to tell you which one can do DDR500 2.5 , even 90% of HX can do it, but it is not rated and 500 and there is chance that can't do it.
    i am really sorry.
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkSP
    So what did you do to your BIOS? Tell us how you did proceed.
    i was testing 1GBFX and then i switch to 2GBHZ. clear the bios, turn on the power, and it happened when i wnet it to bios.

Some pics for HX would be nice. If I could reach 250 on cas 2.5, that would be great

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by grozni
    Some pics for HX would be nice. If I could reach 250 on cas 2.5, that would be great
    ok i will post it later

my 32M 2GBHX is runing now
    2.5-3-2-5-7-13-2-2-1-2-7ns-5ns-DC Enable-16cycle-16X-7X @ DDR500 * 12 3G

2.8v

will shows some picture when it finish
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 10-27-2005 at 08:22 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    i was testing 1GBFX and then i switch to 2GBHZ. clear the bios, turn on the power, and it happened when i wnet it to bios.
    You have PM.
    Sourcing parts for a mildly over clocked abacus.

G.Skill USA Tech
    becasue this is ZX thread, so my 32M HX result only use a link

http://premium1.uploadit.org/gskill/...5025325_05.JPG

i might test another pair later

my 32M 2GBHX is runing now
    2.5-3-2-5-7-13-2-2-1-2-7ns-5ns-DC Enable-16cycle-16X-7X @ DDR500 * 12 3G

2.8v

will shows some picture when it finish

That is great.......

G.Skill USA Tech
    i am trying another pair now. 32M start same setting, but no all kinds of cpuz,a64 while pi is runing and the time is goes faster

i might test another pair later

If you do please post a link with picture or maybe you want to open new thread, I guess there are many who wants to see BHX also......

G.Skill USA Tech
    i posted the link on top

another pair of 32M finish with real time 24M10S
    but i am not happy since it is much more expensive than zx

now i am doing real time 2.5-3-2-0-7-12-6ns-5ns-16cycle- DC enable-16x-7x too see how is will go
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 10-27-2005 at 09:34 AM.

HX is better

it is hard for me to tell you which one can do DDR500 2.5 , even 90% of HX can do it, but it is not rated and 500 and there is chance that can't do it.
    i am really sorry.

HX is UCCC and ZX is Infenon. Confirmed with Taiwan. So I went for HX.

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by michaels
    HX is UCCC and ZX is Infenon. Confirmed with Taiwan. So I went for HX.
    HX is not UCCC. only HZ HS is UCCC.

for HX and ZX due to my contract i can't talk anything about it

HX is not UCCC. only HZ HS is UCCC.

for HX and ZX due to my contract i can't talk anything about it
    Oh, NO. I love UCCC's super low voltage.
    Anyway, HX meets my target of 240MHz at 2.5C while ZX doesn't.

BTW, did you talk with newegg about the "R" showed up during check-out? Is that "RMAed"? I got that, too, on HX.

G.Skill USA Tech
    Oh, NO. I love UCCC's super low voltage.
    Anyway, HX meets my target of 240MHz at 2.5C while ZX doesn't.

BTW, did you talk with newegg about the "R" showed up during check-out? Is that "RMAed"? I got that, too, on HX.
    i have no chance to talk to them but i will

and i don't think it is RMA anymore cuz the order list from them has R in the back also, i have no idea what is that R stand for.

Xtreme Member
    I'm goig to remove heatspreader, i'll let you know soon.
    Cooling : Waterchiller, Cascade and ~100L LNē
    Hardware : Many things !

I just got my ram in and as promised here are my results with this fantastic ram:

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gskill8wj.jpg
    http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gskill20ad.jpg
    http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gskill32jd.jpg

No I am not going to set any world records, but anybody that knows the ABIT AN8 knows this board has MASSIVE 1T problems with 1GB sticks. The Gskill works flawlessly (knock on wood) with the AN8 and I even got my overclock back (had to go to 245 HTT with Crucial Ballistix at 2T)

So overall results: I can run this ram 1T, I got back my 5mhz switching to 1GB sticks, and I have yet to really push this ram. I could get it to run 2.5-3-3-8 1T timings @ 250mhz, but it was not benchable. I will continue to see what I can get out these little guys.

Thanks Gskill, and pass the word, this ram works with ABIT's POS motherboard!!!!!
    Last edited by rancid; 10-27-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    RAM voltage is stock I assume? Looking good, the egg hosed my order, so hopefully I will have mine next Monday. Looking forward to it.

It can easily do it on 2.6V, but I bumped it to 2.8V b/c I do a lot of gaming and don't want to risk instability at any time.

I'm obviously not GS-Technician, but no - R from newegg comes from Retail

Rancid - thats great news for me , could you tell me how high you can run them at CAS 2.5?

Pawel

Mine has "R" on the invoice too and I placed my order on the 25th when they were OOS that previous week. I inspected my sticks thoroughly and saw no signs of usage.

I will let you know Micha, I am almost scared to mess with it because I have been playing FEAR and Quake 4 all night without any problems! God its nice to be back to 1T I saw no noticable improvement in my benchmark scores (same as the ballistix at 2T) but I can tell you maps load a ton faster now which is great.

Xtreme Member
    well mine came today and are doing alright, they are brand new not RMA and have the right timmings on the sticker

i had them stable at 3-3-2-5 @ ddr500 with cpu @10*250 1:1

but the second i went to put my cpu clock back up to 2.7 and put them on the */11 divider they wouldnt post

so i dropped the divider to the next one down 166 i believe and ran 300*9 on the cpu to put the ram at the same speed 245mhz, and its stable but only at 3-3-3-5, id really love to get that trp down but i just cant get it stable

any suggestions?

|Core i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz|ASUS P8P67 Pro|8.0GB G.skill DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 260|
    |OCZ Vertex SSD|HP LP2465 24" LCD|Antec P182|Seasonic X750 PSU|H2O Cooling|Windows 7 x64|

|Core 2 Duo E6420|Asus P5K-VM|4.0GB DDR2|AMD Radeon 3450|Antec Fusion V2|Westinghouse 42" 1080P LCD|

|ThinkPad X61 Tablet|Core 2 Duo L7500|4.0GB DDR2|OCZ Vertex SSD|Windows 7|

Audio: EMU 0404->Onkyo TX-SR500 ->Polk LSi7's + Velodyne VX10

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast