Thread: Meanwell S320-12 for fan controllers

Meanwell S320-12 for fan controllers

is this possible? i really just dont know if my 20w per channel rheobus and my vantec nxp-305 fan and light controller actually need the 5v leads from the psu or not. i have the s320-12 in my case with relay left over from my tec and would like to power the controllers to take the load off my psu... i have 6 80cfm 80mm deltas all 12v and the 2 cathodes that came with the nxp-305. thanks for any input

Banned
    Here is what I do. I run my pump off of 120V at the wall. It is piped into the case using a plug on the back of the case so it always runs (unless I unplug it or kill power at the wall). Next, I have a MW S320-12 mounted to the side of the case with a dedicated power cord from the wall spliced to it...so it always runs to unless I unplug it. These both plug into a circuit breaker strip plugged into the wall. Then I plug the main power for the PSU into that same switch so its impossible to power the system without the fans (attached to the MW unit) and the pump running. To shut down I just shutdown Windows normally and then I flip the breaker switch to shutdown everything.