Thread: ADSL and P2P programs problem?

Xtreme Member

ADSL and P2P programs problem?

I have adsl in croatia,and my problem is that i cant download more that 5min with p2p orograms such as emule,kazaa,strong dc++,and torrents,like bit comet,bit spirit,azeures etc...but when i download from http od ftp i can download 24h until provider change my IP adress....so whats the problem,i had sp2,and thouhgt that sp2 is problem,but when i uninstall it and now i have sp1,seems to be no problem resolved...i put connections(sp2 has 10 i thing,i change to 500,1500,15k,but i still have problem),my modem is siemens c-010-l @ default,i didnt change anything on it...i supose that modem is i bridge mode by default...i think that i have problems with upnp and UDP ports or something like that,forgot to mention that i install wixXP several times because i tought that problem is in windows and processes...plz help me because i have 50 days of flat rate(Tcom action for new people who order adsl...) so i want to use it as max as possible...hope u understand me,sry for tenses
    Last edited by komer; 10-11-2005 at 10:37 AM.

Xtreme Member
    try shareaza, it doesnt have any spyware and it works better than anything ive used

Xtreme Member
    i tryed but seems to be that shareaza doesnt have what iam looking for...GIS5(getaway in stockholm 5 and some similar stuff...auto drags etc,wrc..)
    emule hace it and strong dc++,torrents but cant work with it..

Xtreme Member
    Have you enabled port forwarding?
    MAIN RIG :: CPU: Opteron 146 @ 2.85ghz :: Motherboard: DFI SLI-DR :: Memory: OCZ 1GB Platinum Edition Dual Channel :: Video Card: ATI X1800XL :: Hard-Drive: 2x 250GB WD SATA II RAID-0 :: PSU: OCZ 520W Powerstream :: Case: Coolermaster Praetorian :: Monitor: Sony G420 :: Operating System: Win XP Pro Edition

Xtreme Member
    i dont now hot to enable port forwarding,i was looking on google but no results for that,a found similar router,E 010 but very diferent interface....

Xtreme Member
    Have you tried http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm they have a lot of guides for most routers out there.
    MAIN RIG :: CPU: Opteron 146 @ 2.85ghz :: Motherboard: DFI SLI-DR :: Memory: OCZ 1GB Platinum Edition Dual Channel :: Video Card: ATI X1800XL :: Hard-Drive: 2x 250GB WD SATA II RAID-0 :: PSU: OCZ 520W Powerstream :: Case: Coolermaster Praetorian :: Monitor: Sony G420 :: Operating System: Win XP Pro Edition

Xtreme Member
    try,i enabled ports,in zone alarm i allow that ports to connect but nothing...still freze my adsl connection in few minutes..

Xtreme Member
    Try disabling Zone Alarm for a couple of minutes and see if it works then. That way you can isolate whether or not ZA is responsible or not.