Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Setting up LN2

¿
    Fugger am I correct in reading your post that ASUS said CF works on these without a master? Maybe it's a limited CF with only one or two of the rendering types available. Do you have a link or was this direct conversation with ASUS? Are you missing the interconnect or was that last shot done with one?

Damn, those cards look so frikin good

Gigabyte Champion USA
    I'd like to know too! Fugger, are you using any type of Crossfire BIOS on one card or just the 0519 BIOS+latest ATI drivers? Inquiring minds want to know!!

I wish I could afford two of those things, but I think I am going to have to wait out x1600XTs in Crossfire or maybe one x1800XT

I was talking to an engineer at Asus and he said it was working and that I would need bios 0519 and a pair of cards in the premium board. I tried that and so far no go.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

T_M GT1 from the SLI runs? weak system, I wasnt kidding.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Gigabyte Champion USA
    Thanks for letting us know. If you can keep us posted on what happens (ie. what you "really" need to get it to work), I am sure a lot of us would appreciate it

Turkey Man
    Not sure what you mean by weak system Fugger?
    ALl im saying is that your #1 score there (30K) has GT1 score that is less than my single card venice based water cooled system, and was wondering why.

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER
    I was talking to an engineer at Asus and he said it was working and that I would need bios 0519 and a pair of cards in the premium board. I tried that and so far no go.
    Did he say it worked without an interconnect?

Gigabyte Champion USA
    Fugger, I see that ATI released 5.10 Cats today. No mention of any x1x00 cards in the notes, but definitely "support for Crossfire" is mentioned. Just FYI in case you were using a beta or an older driver...

XS_THE_MACHINE
    These look good so far Fugger, but why is the cpu speed only 4.2ghz?? Wouldnt benmching around 6ghz be possible?? That would give a score around say 35-36k probably.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

mod, top stable fsb was 300 and top multiple was 14x

Ghz, not flashed to cf yet
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

¿
    I think thats the missing key, problem is where are you gonna find an X1800 Master BIOS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedevo
    Fugger, I see that ATI released 5.10 Cats today. No mention of any x1x00 cards in the notes, but definitely "support for Crossfire" is mentioned. Just FYI in case you were using a beta or an older driver...
    5.10 regular Cats (available for download) don`t support X1K series.

I am Xtreme
    pretty weak fugger, this is almost as bad as your 7.2 ghz bios shot with a promise of windows screenies...

id like to see some screens even if they arent WR, youve got alot of competition and its great you are going for wr, but so is everyone else... even if you dont have a wr, im sure youve got some great clocks, and i for one would love to learn from your experience.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Any updates fugger?? I wanna see some intel action on the orb soon, other than dothan.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

I did a lot of testing with LN2 to prepare for the WR runs. I cold bug tested, block tested, condensation proofed, capacity tests and froze a lot of objects around the office.

I proved to myself that the tripple stage is superior to LN2 for capacity and on the fly adjustability. I never knew my temp range was near perfect.

The smallest block proved to be the best block, I had the 3.73 @ 6.3Ghz weee. I wasnt impressed.

I have a bunch of screens saved on the HD I never posted. Nothing to beat my current bests and most likely the reason I never posted them.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Twitchy
    Not trying to be rude but we could care less about the WR. We just want to see some benchies and results.
    he already has benches posted of higher clockspeeds. why dont you try using the search and looking at them?

Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER
    I did a lot of testing with LN2 to prepare for the WR runs. I cold bug tested, block tested, condensation proofed, capacity tests and froze a lot of objects around the office.

I proved to myself that the tripple stage is superior to LN2 for capacity and on the fly adjustability. I never knew my temp range was near perfect.

The smallest block proved to be the best block, I had the 3.73 @ 6.3Ghz weee. I wasnt impressed.

I have a bunch of screens saved on the HD I never posted. Nothing to beat my current bests and most likely the reason I never posted them.
    You're hiding something from us... Come on, tell us what got damaged.
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 754 Newcastle
    Chaintech VNF3-250
    Corsair Value RAM 1024MB PC3200
    Western Digital Caviar SE 80GB SATA
    MSI 6600GT AGP with VIVO

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Really curious about this staement.
    I proved to myself that the tripple stage is superior to LN2 for capacity and on the fly adjustability.
    I seem to be able to hold my 670 using LN2 and a MOUSEPOT within a few degrees c while running. As for adjustablitlity I boot up at -118c or so and drop down to -130 - -140c for running purposes. I have no capacity or adjustability issues the only problem is IF I do crash it takes awhile for the tube to warm back up even empty.

-150c Club Member
    Damn those mousepots get cold. And they are not hard ot control temps in.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Feeding pressurized LN2 worked better than letting it boil off.

Noob, LN2 gets cold... And there is no way to control the temp other than to pour at a moderated rate requireing a lot more attention. If you read his comment on warming up, it does take more time and using a heat gun will melt ice and run moisture into those areas you were trying to keep frozen.

Where I have a knob to adjust temps on the three stage with roughtly +- 40c swing that adjusts near instantly to the new temp.

Some of the advantages to cascade besides never running out of coldness.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Feeding pressurized LN2 worked better than letting it boil off.
    Does this mean piping it as opposed to using a conventional tube? IF so can you expand a bit as to how it was better.

I admit running LN2 is much more tedious and time consuming. It is just hard for me to understand or see where it is truely better. Being an HVAC tech. I have often thought about building a cascade but the only advantage I have really seen is cost. (the point of not having a re-occuring cost that is) With so much hardware running at differant cold bugged temps. IMO LN2 is still the way to go. Actually W/O it I wouldn't have known my Opteron had issues anything below -28c. My FX-57 liked -79c and my 670 won't boot below -118c. Just those three chips alone show me a 100C differance. So to run each at optimum temps. you would need 3 differant systems or pulling gas and changing the configuration of the cascade breaking to single or duals as needed. So basically I am just looking for or trying to understand why so many are die-hard on cascades.
    Some of the advantages to cascade besides never running out of coldness.
    Hehe with this I don't run out of coldness easily.

Cap, A lot of my WR still stand today.

I hold many of the top Intel/SLI spots across 3Dmark.

I hold #1 spot for bandwidth (1800Mhz bus) and FSB (450FSB 5:4 or 404FSB 1:1) speed. Not just a suicide screen but 32M at top speed.

I am setting up my 3.73EE back up on the vapo for some X1800XL runs, it is equil to a FX 57 @ 3.5Ghz max w/ max FSB and tight timing. I am running the DFI CF board under the vapo atm with the X2 and I am so disappointed in E4 revision. It is so weak and stalls. I know what you guys mean about re-running PCmark to get a score because tests fail. I didnt get one complete bench @ 3.1Ghz and when I did get a score it was messed up. Overclocked the 3.73EE beats it with hyperthreading. Yes I installed patch and confirmed startup string changes.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456