Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CrossFire in hands

Xtreme Addict
    I know you're working with a FX so HTT limit is not an issue since you can just bump up the multi, but for those of us who only have a max of a 9 multi to give (A.K.A. cheap bastards) please let us know if you can get the HTT over the 318 reported at Anand. Really need at least >334+ if we're going to make the Opteron 939 144s fly. A simple screenie would be greatly appreciated.
    Sourcing parts for a mildly over clocked abacus.

Nice system you got there.
    opteron 148 2.2GHz@3GHz Air cool -- stock cooler
    DFI lanparty UT ULTRA-D nF4 ULTRA
    OCZ EL GOLD PC 3500 1GB 433MHZ@545MhHz
    Gil Forsa nvidia Geforce 7800GT 400@490 1000@1200 Stock cooler.

Xtreme Legend
    Here is my final CrossFire Radeon X850 XT result:

Full size screenshot

FX-57 running at 3,35 GHz, with more time / tweaking I could have had it propably to run higher. This CPU can do 3,45 GHz with Vapochill LS on DFI nF4 SLI-DR. Graphics cards running GPU: 580 MHz and memory: 595 MHz.

Didn't reach 13k with air cooling on cards. In 3DMark05 race Radon X850 XT CrossFire is better than GeForce 6800 Ultra, but that's already the past.. now I'm looking ahead..

Over and out.
    Favourite game: 3DMark
    Work: Muropaketti.com - Finnish hardware site
    Views and opinions about IT industry: Twitter: sampsa_kurri

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by gundamit
    I know you're working with a FX so HTT limit is not an issue since you can just bump up the multi, but for those of us who only have a max of a 9 multi to give (A.K.A. cheap bastards) please let us know if you can get the HTT over the 318 reported at Anand. Really need at least >334+ if we're going to make the Opteron 939 144s fly. A simple screenie would be greatly appreciated.
    I should get DFI LanParty UT RDX200-CF-DR (ATI Xpress 200 Crossfire) motherboard in two weeks so I'll report how far I can push it. I'm also interested of this S939 Opteron case.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampsa
    I should get DFI LanParty UT RDX200-CF-DR (ATI Xpress 200 Crossfire) motherboard in two weeks so I'll report how far I can push it. I'm also interested of this S939 Opteron case.
    If you're getting a engineering or review sample, two weeks for you means the pre-orders release dates I'm seeing that list the first week of October are not accurate. Just like the DFI NF4-SLI mobo before it'll ship late. As long as its great I guess its worth the wait.

I'm sure a lot of XS members are looking forward to your reports on the DFI LanParty UT RDX200-CF-DR. DFI has a long streak of successful mobos. I hope it continues.

Xtreme Legend
    If you're getting a engineering or review sample, two weeks for you means the pre-orders release dates I'm seeing that list the first week of October are not accurate. Just like the DFI NF4-SLI mobo before it'll ship late. As long as its great I guess its worth the wait.

I'm sure a lot of XS members are looking forward to your reports on the DFI LanParty UT RDX200-CF-DR. DFI has a long streak of successful mobos. I hope it continues.
    Sorry, I think I'll receive the board already in the beginning of next week! It was shipped from DFI yesterday.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, I too am very interested in any input/review done on the
    DFI LanParty UT RDX200-CF-DR. Any idea on max. Vdimm ?.
    I know they are staying away from the +5v jumper concept, but with all the Winbond chips out there I hope they have atleast too 3.8-4Vdimm.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Butte MT home of the worlds largest body of contaminated water
    Nice maybe we might actually be able to see Crossfire in action before the next generation of video cards comes out of ATI.(then again these might see alot of action cause no one can find an x1800 but who knows)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    We could make it to 350mhz with default voltages. When we try to push up the NB voltage the system hangs. Hope it gets repaired.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanFlaiter
    We could make it to 350mhz with default voltages. When we try to push up the NB voltage the system hangs. Hope it gets repaired.
    That's a little dissapointing but I picked up a Opteron 146 as well so 350 should be plenty. Hopefully just a bios change to get the HTT higher. Thanks for your reply.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That's a little dissapointing but I picked up a Opteron 146 as well so 350 should be plenty. Hopefully just a bios change to get the HTT higher. Thanks for your reply.
    Who's selling the opterons already? I thought they were just preorder?
    The little air system that could.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanktanium
    You can't even do that with a non crossfire setup...I can't think of any monitor ever made that could do 1600x1200@100hz. The only rez i know for sure that can do that is 1024x768..
    my 20inch viewsonic is good at 1600x1200@120mhz

Live Long And Overclock
    Indeed....pls stop waking up the zombie threads !!

Perkam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123