Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: OCZ PC4000 EB Platinum.....Initial Testing

Admin
    BE-5 doesn't quite do this...close though

BE-5 is also fairly expensive, this ain't from what I know.

And yes, Mushkin is finding similar performance from an IC they're testing.

Admin
    Oh, here's another thing that might help....people here have them and might not know it can run 3-3-2

Of course, I'm only 99% sure of what it is, not 100%.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    My Ballistix can't do 3-3-2, but I can do 2.5-3-3-7 @ 250mhz 2.8v
    24/7 Work & Play Rig
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5, i7 920 @ 4.56ghz 1.48v 21x217, G.Skill PI 12Gb 8-8-8-24-1T 1.56V @ 1736Mhz
    EK Supreme HF P1, Dual EK DCP 4.0 Pumps and EK Res, XSPC RX360 & RX240 w/ 1850rpm GT's
    Sapphire HD 4870 1Gb @ 810/1020mhz, 2x Dell 2407, 2x 1Tb WD Black SATA3, 2x 2Tb Hitachi 7k2000
    Cooler Master ATCS 840, Corsair 750TX PSU, running OSX 10.6.3 & Win 7 64

Admin
    It ain't 5B -D, that's way too expensive

c'mon guys.....

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/news.html
    Could these be the same chips?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Admin
    IIRC, the Corsair are BE-5....they are most definitely not the same IC though.

Xtreme Member
    I haven't seen it posted yet but here's OCZ's Press Release:
    http://www.ocztechnology.com/aboutocz/press/2005/142

Product Description:
    http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...al_channel_kit

Q9550 E0
    Abit IP-35 Pro | 4x1gb Ballistix DDR2-800
    74gb Raptor |750gb Samsung | Seasonic S12-500
    EVGA 8800GT SSC | 23" HP L2335 | 20" Samsung 204B
    X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Logitech Z-2300 THX 2.1 and Speed-link Medusa 5.1 | Logitech MX1000, G7, G15 and Extreme 3D Pro

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor
    It ain't 5B -D, that's way too expensive

c'mon guys.....

not many other manufacturer , not sammy , not infineon , not micron

so maybe the mosel vitelic ones ?

Xtreme Addict
    It's not Micron and it's not Infineon be-5....

It's a known entity that is well binned
    I'm going to guess the UCCC. After the boutique memory makers got through the Infineon they went for UCCC in a big way. They must have gone through a lot of UCCC by now. TCCC maybe? My dark horse guess was Gaspar's Infineon CE-6, although you've already ruled out its expensive cousin.
    Sourcing parts for a mildly over clocked abacus.

Xtreme Member
    well its all still speculation, one way to find out and we all knnow what that is.
    A64 X2 4400+@2.7/DFI NF4 ULTRA D//Patriot Pc3200 LL CE-6 2gb@540 3,3,2,5/7800GTX/OCZ Modstream 520/LLPC75 swiftech H20.

the jedi master
    Does it matter what they are? i see this time and time again the huge debate on what we use only to see every competitor jump on the same IC's the minute the IC type gets leaked.

I may ask if we could laser off the IC markings so you guys will never know, atleast it would put a stop to these huge debates.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Addict
    Of course it matters. OCZ is always out in front and first to market. They know more than the average enthusiast and most if not all of their competitors. Its only natural everyone keeps an eye on OCZ. Lasering off the original stampings might grant OCZ a little more lead time before others follow in their tracks, but the debates on these boards would absolutely rage on.

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by gundamit
    Of course it matters. OCZ is always out in front and first to market. They know more than the average enthusiast and most if not all of their competitors. Its only natural everyone keeps an eye on OCZ. Lasering off the original stampings might grant OCZ a little more lead time before others follow in their tracks, but the debates on these boards would absolutely rage on.
    Well im sorry you feel like that...you are actually saying you want to help our competitors, so actaully you are killing what OCZ do.

Very sad
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Addict
    I don't see how talking about what ICs RAM has is helping competitors. Give the other companies a little credit, do you honestly think they decide what RAM to produce by reading threads with speculations about ICs? All they have to do is go buy a set, and whether or not the chips have the labels lasered off it doesn't take a genius to figure out what it is by how it reacts to different tests.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme Member
    I only nightmare is the price this is going to be when reaching europe. If this is 300 usd it will be reaching 350€-370€. That will be around 450 USD. This makes me soo mad. Where the hell does this profit go?

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonko
    I don't see how talking about what ICs RAM has is helping competitors. Give the other companies a little credit, do you honestly think they decide what RAM to produce by reading threads with speculations about ICs? All they have to do is go buy a set, and whether or not the chips have the labels lasered off it doesn't take a genius to figure out what it is by how it reacts to different tests.
    agreed
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe
    Well im sorry you feel like that...you are actually saying you want to help our competitors, so actually you are killing what OCZ do.

Very sad
    Your competitors may gain some insight into what you're doing by reading through the XS debates/discussions but I imagine most of their "intel" reports come from just picking up your sticks and playing with them. In some cases I think they're just headed down parallel paths, albeit slightly behind you.

By no means do I think anyone is trying to discourage OCZ participation in the forums. Quite the contrary. Ultimately the mods must decide what kind of content they'll allow to strike a balance between the interests of their members (open discussions) and the proprietery interests of companies like OCZ.

Its a tough call. Glad I'm not involved. .... taking a giant step back from this thread now.
    Last edited by gundamit; 09-28-2005 at 09:10 AM.

the jedi master
    You would be supprised by how much forum reading ram manufacturers do, once you are part of this industry you start to see the games that go on etc.

Let me put it this way, i fully expect the IC type to leak in the next day or so, by then we will have secured more IC's.What happens afer that i have no idea but again you are seeing OCZ doing all the RND work for everyone else. We have always lead the way and will stive to continue to if we can.

One thing you will pretty much only see from OCZ is small production runs, even if we can find 2 months worth of IC's will will try and bring them to the enthusiast, knowing this we would hope you guys would support us a bit.
    Remember OCZ totally support the enthusiast, without your purchases we will have to become more mainstream and the odd special product etc will just go un noticed.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Addict
    Oh. That should have occured to me. The battle for market share in a memory market niche might be decided before a product goes into production based on what a boutique memory maker can purchase. A well reasoned guess as to what OCZ is bringing to market might actually affect what rival companies start hunting for from memory brokers. At the very least that could drive market prices up on that IC and make us pay more for it in the end.

..... taking another giant step back from this thread. ... and my final guess is tccc.

Admin
    Yeah, I'm really surprised that NO ONE has mentioned it yet....but I'm not the one to spoil the game and intentionally hurt a company.

I know that companies read this....once the rest figure it out, they'll go try to buy a bunch of it. What comapnies are reading this thread? I don't know.

I know that at least one other manufacturer knows exactly what it is and has been testing them since before this announcement. I know that a few people on this forum actually OWN modules with this IC from a different manufacturer than the aforementioned one. I also know it's cheap and the reason why these go for $300 is because of lots of in house binning.

Anyway, no one has correctly named it yet....I won't confirm once it's been named though, I'll just ignore that suggestion

EDIT: it's not TCCC, I don't even think that's dense enough for 1GB sticks....

I am Xtreme

Thumbs up Reasons to buy OCZ

1. Customer Service, both in bringing an xtremely desired product to market and in follow up support. (This covers alot of different elements)

2. OCZ takes more time to bin stuff so that we get good products(Another part of 1 above).
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    3. Choice of IC

I have no problem w/ waiting until a 'bold explorer' buys a product and then tells what is 'under the hood'. That is part of the game. I don't xpect to hear what this is until it is in the market stream.

On the other hand I wouldn't buy a car w the serial #s filed off so....

/edit - could always say something else than what is in there, disinformational warfare
    Last edited by mad mikee; 09-28-2005 at 09:59 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    EDIT: it's not TCCC, I don't even think that's dense enough for 1GB sticks....
    .. yeah yeah ... just trying to throw the bad guys off the scent.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just saw these for sale here in canada for 395 cdn, thinking about getting a pair but thats a load of cash

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Does it matter what they are? i see this time and time again the huge debate on what we use only to see every competitor jump on the same IC's the minute the IC type gets leaked.

I may ask if we could laser off the IC markings so you guys will never know, atleast it would put a stop to these huge debates.
    What, you think they can't X-ray the chips and see what they can match it to? Oops, according to you, all of them just read my post.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Charcoal or propane?
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd
    What, you think they can't X-ray the chips and see what they can match it to? Oops, according to you, all of them just read my post.

well, assuming that works(I'll assume it does for the purposes of this post) then they can certainly do it.

I'm a huge proponent of free cpaitalism and lots of competition. However I also like to reward inoovation. OCZ is putting in the time on this tech, I see no problem in making the other manufacturers put in the work if all they are going to do is copy what OCZ has already researched, instead of just reading it on a forum for free. The competition will still ensue, but IMO OCZ deserves a little lead time in the market, especially given the product is geared right for us.

OCZ, give yourselves a pat on the back, and stock up as much of this stuff as you can.
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8 (being replaced with Giga UD5)
    Core i7 920 D0 mostly stable @ 4Ghz
    TRUE 120
    6GB OCZ Platinum 7-7-7 (still in testing
    XFX 4890 1GB @ 1050/1190
    Corsair HX850W
    CM Cosmos S

Still testing...

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast