Thread: My TEC setup

Xtreme Member

My TEC setup

Well, I have made a TEC cooled unit, and I thought i'd just post it up here and see what people think.

It is currently cooling an fx-57 and two 7800GTX

Here's a picture of the water cooling gear and the power supplies for the cooling

d5 pumps, BIX3 rads, 3 panaflo ultra high speed fans. I decided to do separate cooling loops for gpu and cpu.

meanwell se-600-12 and s-320-12 to power 12V cpu and 24V gpu peltiers, 226W for cpu (not enough) and 172W for gpus(~15C loaded)

Did a quick fit check, and it is a tight fit on an a8n sli premium for the graphics blocks

Started to build it to leak test

It looks something like this now:

The Fx-57 is a new addition so I'm still playing with it all.

I know its a mess, but that's what I get for shoving it all into a case!

I'll probably be ordering a Chilly1 unit rather than upsizing the cpu pelt, but I am pretty satisfied w/ the performance on the grafx =D

Oops almost forgot my favorite pic!

In the Dark:
    Last edited by Weee; 09-23-2005 at 02:46 PM.

Looks good.

What sort of water temps are you getting with those fans and rads?
    Quite allot of wattage to disipate in that system.

Nice job, keep us updated with any more info you have

Xtreme Member
    I was wondering what a good way to measure water temps is? I put my hand to the radiator for the gpus, and it is quite warm, for the cpu one, it is quite cool, like almost cold air blows through.

Once my Chilly1 Unit arrives, each of those graphics cards gets its own loop seeing that I won't need the cpu peltier anymore, so my liquid temps should be quite cool.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Don't u have any temp sensor @ home?

Or maybe like the one's to messure if your body temp is still good.

Xtreme Member
    Well, I don't have open access to the actual water, I can measure the temp of my radiator near the inlet with a probe if that seems like a good way?

Xtreme Member
    Okay so I was curious about this myself, and I was at the local Fry's I saw a multimeter (which I needed a good one of) that came with a K type temp probe and reads temperatures for $50 so I had to have it.

I have been looping 3dmark05 for about 1/2 hour right now, and I am measuring 39C w/ the probe jammed between two fins of the radiator right near the inlet. The room temperature is 29C

Also, at the same position on the CPU loop, the measured temperature is 33C. This means my 226W cpu is giving me a deltaT of approximately 6C... woopety frikkin doo! Can't wait for my Chilly1 to get here, and then put each card on its own liquid cooling loop, should get me down damn near ambient temperature (liquid) based on the cpu being on a 226W and only giving me ambient +4C, and hopefully close to 0C loaded

I may even be able to turn this panaflos down a little
    I had the fastest 32M Opteron time for about 1/2 day, and I'm damn proud of it

Xtreme Member
    Your CPU temps look normal for your setup. Everything looks good

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nice setup, pretty crazy lol.

I wouldn't complain at 4C or 0C your still a good 30-40c better than water or air.

Now price vs performance.. you might be outclassed there. Last I checked, that stuff wasn't cheap
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dward3
    Your CPU temps look normal for your setup. Everything looks good
    Yes, I figured they are normal, I want more for the CPUs, the GPUs I am quite happy with.

BTW, my 7800GTX at stock everything w/ stock cooler ran @ like 85C loaded. I am sure w/ the vmods and OC'ing that I have done since, I have benefited a lot more than 40C vs "normal" air cooling methods. And as far as price goes, yeah it was a bucket of cash, but at least the cooling equipment is re-usable, not so much can be said for the other hardware!
    I had the fastest 32M Opteron time for about 1/2 day, and I'm damn proud of it