Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My solid container is finally here...cool cnc mpeg

Quote Originally Posted by G H Z
    OK I know your prolly busy busting 4Ghz PI but I'm sure you can spare a couple of those Mhz to post some screens

So what do you think KP, is a 670 in your future? We need a run @ 50K on ATI FIrst guy there will be remembered. Too bad the regulars have to wait for the XT, macci will probably knock that out before anyone else gets a chance.
    Heh...I can't go for 18sec until I grab a new p4c800. I am hunting for a few of them in online auctions. I am betting that this chip is gonna do it.

Speaking of 50k, I am runnig SLI later on today for the first time since I got almost 17.2k 05'.... we'll see what happens .
    Spent all last night trying to break into 21sec using only 15x and I am so damn close. Look what I was able to here with only DI on my container and 1.7v!!:

THe load temps are incredible with DI at 3825mhz. Start off 8m around -72.5c evap temps and by loop 16, temps were about still below -71.6
    At 3800mhz+ during 1m...temps dont even move lol and stay right at -72.5 or so.

3837+ with 15x can take the sp1m WR. You have to be able to run insane timings on the ram though. I almost got my mushkins right where I need them now.
    Remember G, the last time I ran 01' and got 49.6k and I was only running at 3780mhz with 15x, with no where near these timings on this 1m. I have since run 05' at 3814mhz and there is more I know it. I almost got this thing 100% stable for 8m at 3825 with same settings, so I know it can easily run 01' at about same speeds. I am going to be trying like hell for the next couple days to get 50k for real.....400 points is there, I just need to make it happen. My cards won't go any farther really, so I need to coax the points out of the system.
    To tell you the truth I would rather do it with the 7800's at this point because, it is much harder. Anyone can go out and get new hardware to break last gen records..thats the only way some guys can do it .
    I cant wait to bench with the ati cards...but I am sure 50k will be easy with them and not much of a challenge.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 10-12-2005 at 08:15 AM.

Xtreme Member
    great results kingpin

¿
    Wow that PI time is killer. Actually 50K single card is what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse
    GOTTA GIVE THAT CHIP 1.776V
    Nice temps M8 on the unit
    This thing is the wonder chip eh? I should take a close up of the core for ya....I cracked two corners off it the other day, and it still rocks.
    And thanx...they really are damn good loaded temps for DI at these mhz.
    This cpu can take 1.82v... and actually need close to that for 3d/sli. YOu'd think 8m stability would mean stability for 3d but it isn't the case. THis chip needs more power for 3d.
    I was pretty much amazed that it was stable on the DI at that voltage up to 3825, and almost 3840mhz for 1m and nearly 8m. I was about 2 loops away from 21.8sec with 15x I swear.

Turkey Man
    king, whats the BIOS reported CPU temp when you're are getting those -72C reading with the probe?

¿
    I'll bet he's close to -34° I think BIOS temp is usefull but it's not everything. Different container designs may report similar temps idle in BIOS, but when the OS is loaded and the real action begins the differences can be striking. BIOS rev can play a part too but from what I have seen on NF4 they are very consistent rev to rev.

OK I'm done interjecting, maybe KP can actually answer your question now

-37 to -38c with 1.7v+ on the chip and -71c base temps.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 10-13-2005 at 06:29 AM.

Turkey Man
    seems a little high IMO, but im just speculating (my venice at 1.7V+ reads -45C).
    does the extra cache add heat?

edit: oh, is that with or without IHS? Mine was without.

Quote Originally Posted by T_M
    seems a little high IMO, but im just speculating (my venice at 1.7V+ reads -45C).
    does the extra cache add heat?

edit: oh, is that with or without IHS? Mine was without.
    Fill your container with DI / acetone. Put in a fx57. Set it at 1.55x113%, then clock it to 250x14. Reboot, and go into your bios and tell me what temperature you got compared to your base reading at -71c to -72c.
    How do you measure base temps btw? What instrument and positioning of the probe exactly?

Turkey Man
    I do not measure base temps, they mean nothing to performance IMO.
    I also do not own an fx-57 hence why i asked if there should be much of a temp difference between that and a venice both with IHS removed and same volts.

My in-pot temp measured at -66 with my DMM (rated to -20C), and that -45C was windows idle (mbm) and also BIOS idle (DFI)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I also do not own an fx-57 hence why i asked if there should be much of a temp difference between that and a venice both with IHS removed and same volts.

My in-pot temp measured at -66 with my DMM (rated to -20C), and that -45C was windows idle (mbm) and also BIOS idle (DFI)
    IMO base temp. measuring is extremely important especially running LN2 on a cold bugged chip. With the 57 I have run, the Opty, and a few SD's I have seen results pretty close to what KP showed. I believe -34c bios or so puts me around -68 - -70 at the base. It pretty much seems to scale accordingly at that range.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Butte MT home of the worlds largest body of contaminated water
    Ahh K|ngp|n thanks for finally showing the inside of your container it has helped me out with a quandry I have had about really getting the core cold and maintaining load. Time to start drawing something up.

If you do not own an fx57, then why are we talking here? Honestly, what relevant input do you have for my thread? Anyone who knows anything about base temps vs bios temps will disagree with you about "your opinion" I promise.
    LOL...your talking about " in pot " temps and telling me evap temps dont matter?????? WTF does inpot temps have to do with anything?
    Like I said...get an fx57, run my settings, fill your container up, and post what you get k? If you are running a thin walled container, I can promise you wont be anywhere near my numbers.
    I am done with raging.

Quote Originally Posted by speed bump
    Ahh K|ngp|n thanks for finally showing the inside of your container it has helped me out with a quandry I have had about really getting the core cold and maintaining load. Time to start drawing something up.
    Honestly, It think this design can't be beat for best possible loaded temps.
    They are rock stable and the funny thing is this container was orignally desgned for ln2 first, DI second...but it is turning out to be unbelievable for DI. I guess that is what testing is for

Now let's get to the real business at hand gentlemen....

Less than 225 points from 50k. My ice dragon did this with only DI + acetone The capacity on my container is ing insane. I never thought it could be this easy with DI on this chip. Always needed ln2 before to run these speeds/volts for 3d....Lets see if 50k goes down by sunday night....
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 10-15-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Turkey Man
    So the minute someone has a question for you, you jump on the defensive and think you are too good for me?
    righto then.....

glad GHZ and HB could respond with some decency

my in pot temp was measured for the hell of it, is that ok with you? only reason i told it to you was to possibly add some info to my weak argument (which you have obviously no intention of actually replying to, just ignoring).

sorry if im not hardcore like you

PS - heres a BIOS shot of a 3500+ Clawhammer (130nm) of mine at 1.85V just for further weight (-36C on a hotter chip than FX-57)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/T_M/IMG_0354.jpg
    Last edited by T_M; 10-15-2005 at 09:42 AM.

Turkey Man
    I just dont like being told to basically get ed because i questioned his temperatures, sure i may be heading down the wrong path trying to even compare Venice/Clawcastle temps to double cached 57's but at least tell me why

So the minute someone has a question for you, you jump on the defensive and think you are too good for me?
    righto then.....

glad GHZ and HB could respond with some decency

my in pot temp was measured for the hell of it, is that ok with you? only reason i told it to you was to possibly add some info to my weak argument (which you have obviously no intention of actually replying to, just ignoring).

oh and im sure that MM would have something to say about you critiscising his pots

sorry if im not hardcore like you

PS - heres a BIOS shot of a 3500+ Clawhammer (130nm) of mine at 1.85V just for further weight (-36C on a hotter chip than FX-57)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/T_M/IMG_0354.jpg
    Dude..I dont think I am too good for you, I am not on the defensive, and I thought I coverd what it was that you were saying in my resposne. Let me try again..

The only way to compare bios vs base temps is to use the exact same hardware with same settings/clocks/cooling etc. That is what I tried to communicate. Sorry If it sounded harsh...wasn't intended like that.
    Base temps are important in lots of different ways. That is my opinion.
    I dont know anything about how much heat extra cache adds, so I didn't respond to it. Again, bad comparison.
    Enough said.
    50k could happens soon fellas......don't ruin the moment. Let's just be happy, k?

kp

Turkey Man
    well, forgetting totally what base temp you or I may or may not measure, the chip temp in BIOS seems high to me.

well, forgetting totally what base temp you or I may or may not measure, the chip temp in BIOS seems high to me.
    If you had an fx57 clocked at 3500mhz with 1.55vx113% in bios, you would think they were good temps...believe me. 37-38c in bios with these settings and -71c to -72c is pretty good. Event that is just idle temps though and doesnt speak for the whole story. What really matters the most, is what happens to temps under load.

Xtreme Member
    less debating more 3dmarking!!

you can dooooeeet

Quote Originally Posted by Qkjhfhaiguihfma
    less debating more 3dmarking!!

you can dooooeeet
    It's going to be very difficult. This score was not easy at all. My hardware is torched. Cards are running great, but are beyond maxed, core on my fx is chipped in two spots, ram is const erroring out, and the board is pretty worked. My mushkin bh5 is not working at 14x 3750+, or the fx mem controller preventing the ram from working right depending on too low temp or high mhz.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse
    Still at the top props and congrat's on that for sure
    Thanx bro. Can never thank you enough for the chip . I cannot believe what this thing has been through, and is still giving me better numbers as of this mornng. You know I am using that same SLI-DR again now too that I thought died? It just started working again one day, prolly just moisture in the socket and needed to sit for awhile. Always happens like that ...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n
    Thanx bro. Can never thank you enough for the chip . I cannot believe what this thing has been through, and is still giving me better numbers as of this mornng. You know I am using that same SLI-DR again now too that I thought died? It just started working again one day, prolly just moisture in the socket and needed to sit for awhile. Always happens like that ...
    Awesome score! Sounds like me throwin the stuff you thnk is dead on the side ony to be resurected at a later date.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    In reference to Venice v Fx-57 the FX-57 uses about 12-15% more power at idle than a Venice at same speed. However, this is at 2800Mhz and at idle.

http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/amd_fx57/12.shtml.

I agree with Vince, unless you had exactly the same hardware apart from the tube you cannot really compare one tubes performance to another, just too many variables.

Vince I think being so close to 50k ( with no sleep ? ) is making you a bit cranky though .. cheer up, that's a fantastic score .. go on, knock down 50k before XT1800 gets it and then Futuremark can retire it before 06 ..

Regards

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by zakelwe
    In reference to Venice v Fx-57 the FX-57 uses about 12-15% more power at idle than a Venice at same speed. However, this is at 2800Mhz and at idle.

http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/amd_fx57/12.shtml.

I agree with Vince, unless you had exactly the same hardware apart from the tube you cannot really compare one tubes performance to another, just too many variables.

Vince I think being so close to 50k ( with no sleep ? ) is making you a bit cranky though .. cheer up, that's a fantastic score .. go on, knock down 50k before XT1800 gets it and then Futuremark can retire it before 06 ..

Regards

Andy
    No sleep last night for sure andy. I think I am finally done here with this setup.
    My lucky board stopped working again last night in the middle of benching, and I can't seem to get this chip over 3750 or so now with the other two dfi's I have here. Pretty sure it's the chip. I found one of those little caps around the core on the chip partially crushed, and I think it's keeping me from hitting 3800mhz+. I have no idea how I did it. The chip can still rock 8m up to 3750, but higher seems very unstable. It's pretty sad when anything less than 3814mhz isn't enough.
    I gave it all I could...with a better 7800gtx to match my good card, 50k would have been done days ago no doubt about it. Guess I pushed my system a little too hard trying to make up for it.
    Time to retire this SLI rig. I still feel so dissapointed that I couldn't do it, even though the score is tops.

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n
    I still feel so dissapointed that I couldn't do it, even though the score is tops.
    Ya it drives you crazy when you only need a few more points

Nice run KP

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast