Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Mobo for Dual Core 64 and SLI?

I can't belive none of you guys suggested the DFI NF4 SLI DR! I'am gonna go against ALL of your opinions and get the DFI NF4 SLI DR

But Seriously, I was thinking the Wendel ABit or the Asus A8N-SLi Premium but i guess DFI NF4 SLI DR is the way forward!
    Thanks for advice
    LESS IS MORE, STAY PURE STAY POOR

YouTube Addict
    i don't trust Abit and Asus are never good overclockers...
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Member
    Well the highest 3dmark03 score is on a ASUS. Also I never had problems overclocking my ABIT. But I guess some people like haveing to clear CMOS everyday.
    MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM / AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

Fold it until it breaks
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme / Intel 3820

RIP Abit

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dsumanik
    Well, keep in mind not everyone has been having such a positive experience with this board:

known issues:

-40 percent of VX or other high voltage UTT users are having dimms damaged from the board, and subsequerntly experiencing cold boot problems, i personally went through 3 sets of VX memory before switching to the an8 sli board, which has not givin me on minute of any headaches whatsoever

-i personally have had to RMA my sli-dr twice, once for a "blown" chipset, other time DFI wouldnt tell me what was wrong with it, but sent the same board back "fixed"

-many, many quirks, too many to list, such as odd startups for no reason, settings not getting remebered,...sometimes video will not display, must unplug USB in order to boot etc.

-rediculous amount of beta bioses, with three bios revisions for every release, some bios revisions and certain settings can destroy your CPU, be warned.

-its not a beginners board, but if you get it set up right it is the fastest, and be prepared for extremely SLOW and POOR RMA service should you need it, which there is a moderate chance you will.

-dfi street moderaters are idiots, period...imagine white guys talking like gangsters giving you rediclous solutions filled with ghetto speak and useless propaganda.

-oh yeah resetting the cmos, which you will be doing ALOT, and reflashing your bios requires ten minutes on your hands kness, popping the battery out, discharging the power, making 2 cups of coffee and praying to the gods while doing a rain dance.

seriously it take a good 10 minutes to do it "properly".

gotta say i agree with this guy about dfi street ....don't even bother posting there unless you want angry games shouting over the top of you with his l33t knowledge. i don't like slating ppl in general but that guy is a complete moron when it comes to hardware but will tell everyone and sundry his info is the only way to fly. i think the guy is a mentalist as well ...just check out the links from his sig .....i mean lol he is WEIRD

but the dfi nf4 board is good when it's setup properly but DOES have it's quirks no matter what any fanboy says.

YouTube Addict
    In the end it has everything to do with your personal tastes.. what works for me might not work for anyone else but it works best for me..
    Likewise for you...
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12