Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Effective Immediately!!

Xtreme Mentor
    Well.... Normally I find it VERY stupid to say the least for people to always complain for nothing.... But this time, it's obvious that there is a leak somewhere.... I remember when people were asking the same question as DDTUNG asked, mods were ALWAYS saying : Please deal by Private Message. Or something similar to that.... And I believe it was one of the reason for removed posting priviledge...

But as any members, the staffs should deal the exact same way...

Here to help
    I dont disagree with you Skate, sorry if my post came across like that

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Ebay Hater
    I inserted the melodramatic part as it came to my head in regards to a few other incidents and I simply could not resist to put it in

I merely think it unfair that those whom have been granted the privilege to moderate this forum also have privileges in the FS forum - asking about shipping to hong kong in my opinion is not beneficient to each potential buyer though I acknowledge your point to a certain degree etnity. UnG's point, the reason why I made a thread rather than PM is because I have seen this happening on several occasions and have read an odd rant here and there from other users. The primary purpose I feel is that the new rule isn't really working out in my opinion and another adjustment should be considered.

As of now I will go with that fantastic button.
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by pythagoras
    I dont disagree with you Skate, sorry if my post came across like that

Regards

John.
    It's ok, I wasnt aiming you neither in my reply .... I was just making the point that I normally think that others complain for nothing, but that this time, I think it's a bit different...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity_Razer
    I don't feel Victors(DDTUNG) is such a bad question or not of use to the community/seller.

XS is not only made up of USA people. I mean such a question could be good for the sale of the item so such posts I do not find wrong imho.....

Hmmm Entity when you think about it thats what almost ALL of the users that posted in the FS forum asked...things like that and things that related to the sale.....ok then you would tell the people to deal with that in PM....now mods are turning around and doing it....maybe the nublets shouldnt be punished for what they learn from the mods

Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    If some of you catch post like that in FS, then report that mod using cute little, red button with exclamation mark on it. I will look into it and put you on my personal blacklist for questioning higher authority
    oh wow it seems as if you are blowing the whole matter off

hmm...IIRC I made a topic like this the day after the new rules were in effect but the thread was immediately deleted by the mods.
    Last edited by ZX7891; 11-06-2005 at 04:57 PM.
    Q6700
    MSI P35
    8GB OCZ
    2xHD 2900 XT
    PCP&C 1kw

Here to help
    Its been dealt with and mods will not be posting in FS unless forum rules are broken. That is what this thread was about wasnt it?

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Live Long And Overclock
    hmm...IIRC I made a topic like this the day after the new rules were in effect but the thread was immediately deleted by the mods.
    As this should've been.

If you have an issue with a mod, or any other member, pm them. I really can't see how you can be all pro-pming ppl in the fs and then create a thread like this as a public spectacle accusing mods of wrongdoing for a total of...count em...3 posts. Talk about blowing things out of proportion.

That is what this thread was about wasnt it?
    So yes, as stated, you wont see any mod posting there without proper reasons.

But how bout I keep my eyes open in case anyone who posted in this thread forgets to posts his pics in the fs ? It's going to be thread killing time !!!

Perkam
    Last edited by perkam; 11-06-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam

If you have an issue with a mod, or any other member, pm them.
    How can you expect to be taken seriously when the mods arent taking this thread in a serious way.. as shown below by b.a.

I will look into it and put you on my personal blacklist for questioning higher authority
    Q6700
    MSI P35
    8GB OCZ
    2xHD 2900 XT
    PCP&C 1kw

Xtreme X.I.P.
    @ZX7891,

Dude, can't you see those smileys there? Haven't you noticed that I was playing around. Man, you really need to loosen up a bit more

Xtreme X.I.P.
    just because he made a joke it doesnt mean we take you guys seriously
    please calm down, the memo about not bumping/posting in threads has been handed around to all mods and it shouldnt happen again

Live Long And Overclock
    How can you expect to be taken seriously

Perkam

Xtreme Mentor
    @ Perkam- Nice

Why do people keep bringing up this dead issue, i have accepted that i am not worthy of being a mod so i do not get certain rights you should accept that fact too (unless of course you already are a mod)

Live Long And Overclock
    i have accepted that i am not worthy of being a mod so i do not get certain rights you should
    Hmmm...I smell a sig quote !! j/k

Perkam

Ebay Hater
    I'm going to leave it here. I'm glad that mods will no longer post other than their authority by forum rules, however at the same time I think you're taking this very lightly.

Wow, chill pill. And was it not you who was among the most obvious offenders?
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Live Long And Overclock
    Wow, chill pill. And was it not you who was among the most obvious offenders?
    An offender in FS is someone who doesnt post pictures, gives wrong information about hardware, or acts like a troll. I've modded the FS section, so I'd know better what an offender is.

It's good that you've left it here, as you've managed to leave here unscathed. This thread should have never been allowed to stay this long and you're lucky at how committed ppl like BA, Saaya and other supermods are in trying to satisfy members, perry.

And yet I dont see a single thank you from anyone for the amount of time given to your opinion perry. But that's not a requirement. Mods and SuperMods do what they do for the betterment of the website without asking for anything back, and then members like you come along and think this is our "job" of some sort so that if we make a small error in judgement, it needs to be shown in a public spectacle.

Perkam

Ebay Hater
    Sorry for being :banana::banana::banana::banana:y, however I have yet to find much appreciation for your particular style of humour.

Make no mistake, I greatly appreciate the work the moderators do, and greatly respect both the time and effort they put in. I did not intend to undermine the autority or judgement of the moderators or forum owners, however wished to open this subject to greater debate as it is something I would have felt prior to this thread that something the majority of the users regarded as a minor flaw of the newly enforced rule. I was never intent on harming the reputation of any moderators in particular, I just used whatever example came my way.

I don't quite follow what you hint at when you write that this thread should never have stayed open as long as it did, perhaps criticism of a newly enforced rule is not welcome. I understand and aclnowledge that it is a "work-in-progress", however an opinion should be taken into consideration before being dismissed - that I thank some of the moderators for.

Now you write that
    An offender in FS is someone who doesnt post pictures, gives wrong information about hardware, or acts like a troll.
    Now this does not quite follow the rules as stated by Kazoo:

Quote Originally Posted by Kazoo
    Ability to create posts in For Sale threads has been limited to the Seller only
    Would that not imply that only the seller should make posts? I think it absolutely correct for mods to notify about uncertanities or even question shipping (this being etnity razors point provided it is not personal), yet at the same time maintain a healthy level of intervention.

This being probably the last post as thread starter you are now welcome to lock this thread and/or disregard my opinion on the subject at your choice.

Xtreme X.I.P.

Threads merged!

All three threads:

1. "Effective immediately", - started here / ended here
    2. "Why are mods crying about thread bumping?" - started here / ended here
    3. "Changes need to made for the FS forum"
    - started here

have been merged together to keep ALL of the discussion about new rules, consequences and comments of those in one place. Do not start new thread please. We only need one of those. Thank You!
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 11-07-2005 at 11:24 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Let's not drag subject of some mods posting in FS any further, please. Pythagoras, perkam and myself already promised that effort will be made to stop this from happening. Other mods were informed and asked not do do this anymore. This should give you enough satisfaction.
    Let's move away from this particular subject, please. Thread is still open for any other comments (be it positive or negative) about FS section If one feels the need to voice opinion. Thanks!
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 11-07-2005 at 11:35 AM.

Live Long And Overclock
    Fine. But I'm still looking out for Perry's next FS thread j/k

Perkam

Xtreme Member
    ... but the mods are posting in FS

Actually, I have no idea what you're talking about... but I never pass up an opportunity to tease the mods

Live Long And Overclock
    Haha hey mtb, long time no see ... It seems you like to pop up at the right time and the right place

Nothing to see here

Perkam

Xtreme Member
    I feel the FS section has become bland with no posting by buyers allowed. At least personally, I think non-seller posts generated more hype and info for the seller (on the whole, of course there are exceptions); I gleaned alot more info at times from non-seller posts than what is originally offered up by the seller. Also, for better or worse, people are more likely to use the quick reply to ask a question in passing than to make a PM (people are lazy, it's human nature). I liked the idea someone raised about giving the original poster rights to mod their own thread, of course this raises a whole other set of issues that I won't delve into at this juncture. (And as Kazoo stated is not possible for some mystery reasons)

You got to consider the dynamic of the individuals market; on the whole, I think the casual (on-topic) banter was beneficial to the seller. FS has become stagnant and impersonal, rendering dis-service to the community.

I think it would be pertinent to re-examine some of the comments made by MUCHO and rhino back on page 2, they put it much more eloquently than I ever could.

Please don't take this post personally; it is meant merely as some constructive, albeit subjective, criticism. Back on September 12th people said give it a chance, 2 months is a fair run, but I think some issues need to be re-visited. The rest of the rules are great, and I stand fully behind them.
    Last edited by LANjack; 11-09-2005 at 12:05 PM.
    It's broken.. it's all so frustratingly broken.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by LANjack
    I feel the FS section has become bland with no posting by buyers allowed. At least personally, I think non-seller posts generated more hype and info for the seller (on the whole, of course there are exceptions); I gleaned alot more info at times from non-seller posts than what is originally offered up by the seller. Also, for better or worse, people are more likely to use the quick reply to ask a question in passing than to make a PM (people are lazy, it's human nature). I liked the idea someone raised about giving the original poster rights to mod their own thread, of course this raises a whole other set of issues that I won't delve into at this juncture. (And as Kazoo stated is not possible for some mystery reasons)

You got to consider the dynamic of the individuals market; on the whole, I think the casual (on-topic) banter was beneficial to the seller. FS has become stagnant and impersonal, rendering dis-service to the community.

I think it would be pertinent to re-examine some of the comments made by MUCHO and rhino back on page 2, they put it much more eloquently than I ever could.

Please don't take this post personally; it is meant merely as some constructive, albeit subjective, criticism. Back on September 12th people said give it a chance, 2 months is a fair run, but I think some issues need to be re-visited. The rest of the rules are great, and I stand fully behind them.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam
    Haha hey mtb, long time no see ... It seems you like to pop up at the right time and the right place

Nothing to see here

Perkam
    Hey Perkam .... yeah, I've been busy with my EE degree the last few weeks, I've had tests and projects out the wazoo, so not a whole lot of time to spend on XS.

How have you been man? I see a few records have been broken in the 3DMark area..... Kinc's sure kicking some butt.

I've seen more and more post in the F/S section without pictures and no one saying anything about it. What gives?

I also think the F/S section was a much better experience when everyone could post. Sure the thread crapping got a little out of hand there for a minute but that should be easily cleaned up by the mods.
    Last edited by TheMeatFrog; 11-10-2005 at 03:14 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast