Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Dimes Project

Xtreme Recruit
    I've been wondering this lately: can somebody tell me what a asnode and a asedge exactly is?
    It seems that i'm the top user for the asnodes, but I really don't know what it is

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederik
    I've been wondering this lately: can somebody tell me what a asnode and a asedge exactly is?
    It seems that i'm the top user for the asnodes, but I really don't know what it is
    Yeh, i guess i need to know also

Xtreme Cruncher
    Is the Dimes project still running,i see only 31% of the members that are returning work.

Is it just dl and install the dimes file i have dl from there site,thats all i have to do,or maybe some other prog to.

Asus P5K<*>OCZ 450w<*>E6600@4.0ghz@9x445@1.450v<*>TeamXtreem DDR2-800 cl3 2x1gb<*>Sapphire 3870 512mb DDR4
    Asus P5E X48 DeLuxe<*>OCZ 700w<*>E8600 E0@4.6ghz@1.350v wc<*>Corsair Titanium DDR2-800 4x2gb<*>Sapphire 2x3870 2x512mb DDR4 CF

Xtreme Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by RocKer
    Is the Dimes project still running,i see only 31% of the members that are returning work.

Is it just dl and install the dimes file i have dl from there site,thats all i have to do,or maybe some other prog to.
    Just downloading, installing and the rest is done for you!
    Welcome to dimes!

Ker-Pow !
    Quote Originally Posted by RocKer

Hi Rocker, we might only be at 31% but we are in the top 3 for production just about everyday. So please install on your farm and get diming, it runs great with D2OL.

Thanks !

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ok,i install them on 4 rigs for now,lets see how much it will give.

I think its ok to run Dimes on PII and PI rigs,i have 2 of them,PII 200mhz and PI 100mhz,i will hook up those two also,so thats 6 rigs in total,that will bring a nice number .

Wow,it say's that it cant run Dimes becaus java is not installed,how is this possible D2OL needs java to and D2OL is running on this rig .

Anybody??
    Last edited by RocKer; 11-17-2005 at 01:10 PM.

Asus P5K<*>OCZ 450w<*>E6600@4.0ghz@9x445@1.450v<*>TeamXtreem DDR2-800 cl3 2x1gb<*>Sapphire 3870 512mb DDR4
    Asus P5E X48 DeLuxe<*>OCZ 700w<*>E8600 E0@4.6ghz@1.350v wc<*>Corsair Titanium DDR2-800 4x2gb<*>Sapphire 2x3870 2x512mb DDR4 CF

Xtreme D˛OL Watch Dog
    It depends on how you have D2OL installed. If you used rod's installer you need to add the “C:\XS_D2OL\D2OL1\jre\bin” folder to your path and then it will work.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Its ok now,its running.

But is there a prog to monitor Dimes,like Dspy for D2OL is,i mean how can i see how many points i have already done,and how many times does it upload results,is it also every 6 hours,or??

Xtreme Member
    So anybody can join the XS team?

Ker-Pow !
    No prog that Im aware of.

Hi Pipi of course anyone can join the team.

Xtreme Cruncher
    TWB, are you getting the farm back up? Your production took a spike today.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Ker-Pow !
    Well Ive added a couple of PIIIs at my new office, but nothing major. I "infected" my sisters and dads systems as well. I can get away with Dimes as its not really noticeable.

Xtreme Member
    How do you get to any setup or anything? I click the dimes agent in Start -> ... but nothing happens. When installing i chose 'use Dimes screensaver' and it does show just to crash most of the time when exiting from it.

My own little world
    CAn't say I've ever chosen the Screensaver option, but then, I don't use one (Hogs resources, and most Monitors can blank themselves).

MAbye try the other option?
    Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Guru
    i have comcast on cable internet, also using 2 comps on a linksys router, will this kill my bandwidth? if not i'll seriously be considering putting my clawhammer to work seeing as my sempron helped d20l
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

My own little world
    Quote Originally Posted by i found nemo
    i have comcast on cable internet, also using 2 comps on a linksys router, will this kill my bandwidth? if not i'll seriously be considering putting my clawhammer to work seeing as my sempron helped d20l
    nless you are running VM's then having more RAM or a faster processor won't help, you can only have 1 DIMES agent per OS.

Bandwisth should be fine. I have a 40GB/Month cap, and I run 5 agents 24/7, and 2 a lot of the time, and I hardly notice it. So I'll be adding more soon (This weekend hopefully )
    Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Has anyone here used a wireless card to get internet with their vmwares?? I don’t think my dad's is going to go for me running ~4 Ethernet cables to my room alone. Instead, can I get a wireless router (for my room) plug it into the Ethernet cable, set the wireless network up, and make sure all of my comps have a wireless card in them? Then, when I set up the vms, can I just set up bridged and it will work?? Or, a better idea, can I get a 4-way router, and use the cable from the old router that goes into my computer?? I think that might be a better (and cheaper) idea. Any input on either of those ideas would be much appreciated.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Cruncher
    i would go with an 8 port hub so you have room to expand and so you do not have complication with the other router such a 2 dHCP's and so on. I put a second router in my LAN once and i could not access the other comps on the other side of the router, plus a hub is cheaper.

a hub is what i use it works great.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Every once in a while, should you clear the messages??
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Cruncher
    Does anyone know what happened to Haltech? His production is all but non-existant, and he doesn't seem to come around very often anymore.

Ker-Pow !
    I think he got fed up with the stats situation.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I thought that's what might have happened, which is understandable with all of the work he put into getting those VMS running.

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    Too bad he let it get to him that much.

With the three machines I have left, I'm at about my maximum right now. It's not too shabby really but not even close to what I was producing for a time.

Onward and upward guys!!!

Xtreme Recruit
    I know I'm REALLY late to the game here, but I'm trying to set up dimes and it seems like I'm getting port blocked by my router. I've looked around but cant find out what ports I need to unblock to get this to work. Thanks in advance!

Where's me Beer?
    I remember there was a thread that stated what ports to unlock for dimes, but it seems like it's gone.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast