Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formal Complaint Against EA Games!

beefin' it up!

Formal Complaint Against EA Games!

here
    The guy is submitting a formal complaint against EA for releasing an unfinished game (battlefield 2) and failing to fix it any timely manner, as well as for false advertising.

Evil Kitty
    Whether the guy is right or wrong doesn't matter. Spending his own money, and plenty of taxpayer dollars, over a $50 game is just plain silly. Sad how selfish some people are.
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

Quote Originally Posted by Xalias
    Man that was a lot of short pointless pausing for excessive commas; can you make it more free flowing next time?
    I read this from the link posted by BS and can only agree. Reading that illogical, irrational message was like (I suppose) meeting a professional boxer for five rounds.
    Isn't it funny that Battlefield2 run fine on my system and with no problems during game-play? If there are bugs in the game I'm sure EA will be taking care of it.
    Imagine if I would have sued XS because the 'quote' function of the forum was not working properly. Utterly idiotic.

-k0nsl

Banned
    Maybe this guys should go after MS for windows and all its problems, holes and patches that take forever to get.... What an Idiot.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol - his attorney must be laughing all the way to the bank

no way in hell he can wrangle an arguement around the EULA that software companies attach these days

Xtreme Addict
    effin' tard

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa
    Whether the guy is right or wrong doesn't matter. Spending his own money, and plenty of taxpayer dollars, over a $50 game is just plain silly. Sad how selfish some people are.
    who is the selfish one, if a company releases a unfinished game... and gets millions from it??

I don't want to read the article, I just thought, if BF2 really is a half ass game, then this comment is awfully one sided.
    you blame this person, as if all they did something wrong.
    but if BF2 is a half ass game, then don't they have the right to do something about it?
    after all, isn't it them making millions from it?
    it's not "just a $50 game", cause it's more then 1 person that bought it.
    thousands of people out there put thier money to get this game.
    if they did in fact get a half ass version of this game, and theres no real effort into support, then shouldn't someone say something about it??

of coure, I didn't bother to read the article, not that interested in whatever its about in the details...
    plus, I haven't botherd getting BF2 (I absolutly, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated the original battlefield 1942 game, so I have zero interest in this version)
    so I may not really be on topic, with my comment haha...

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak
    if they did in fact get a half ass version of this game
    Well, no, its a full version game and everything seems to be working fine, it does for me. Maybe the idiot who is supposedly sueing EA bought a demo or something In that case, what does that say of him?

-k0nsl

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by k0nsl
    Well, no, its a full version game and everything seems to be working fine, it does for me. Maybe the idiot who is supposedly sueing EA bought a demo or something In that case, what does that say of him?

-k0nsl
    agree. i don't see any bugs or unfinished parts in bf2?! even if there are several things i miss or which aren't working smooth (the server browser for example sux.. no favorites, some bugs in sorting the servers etc...), but the game itself works fine.
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Mentor
    wel on one side i think: what does this guy think he wel get out of this.
    On the other side i got to say he is right.
    when i read what the topic starter wrote i kinda ignore the fact that this person is complaining about BF2.
    i think we got to see this thing a lil broader.

each year a ton of games come out.
    some of these games r launched with alot of irritating bugs.
    some of those games will never have their bugs fixed some of them do get their bugs fixed in time.

but is it right that the game makers know that their game is buggy but stil release it and stil accept our 50 bucks a game?
    i think some companies hide to much behind their disclaimers and so on.

when it was launched BF2 was very buggy (the bug were both teams saw you as the enemy etc).
    I did play the demo but when the full game came i thought those small bugs were solved.
    I was wrong those bugs were stil there in the full game i paid 44 euro for.
    shouldnt i as costumer expect a bug free game, or shouldnt it atleast say somewere on the box that there r bugs?
    i stopped playing BF2 in the end cause of the bugs and cause of the punish system abuse, but why should dice and EA care they already have my 44 euro. So cause i stopped playing i dunno if these bugs r stil around i do know they were stil around at patch 1.02.
    Some people say: i never saw that bug. This doesnt mean the bugs doesnt exist.

ps. i do think this guy wont achieve anything with his complaint.

While it is a bit naive to go and sue a EA over all of this, BF2 was not ready to be released when it was. I know a number of people, including myself who played hell and back just trying to get this horribly buggy game to work.

On the other hand, 95% of games are released with tons of bugs, but I must admit that BF2 had more than most.

Xtreme Mentor
    indeed it is naive to go to only EA about such a thing.
    As there r ton of companys that do this.
    selling a game (and ofc first build up a huge hype before u launch it) and then with the cash that comes in they slowly start thinking: hmm should we actualy try to make the game playable and fun?

the worst example ive ever seen of a buggy game was a star trek game.
    Star Trek Dominion Wars.
    it worked (more or less for some people) crashing at lvls, not saving properly, uninstal and reinstal the game cause the patches didnt work properly.
    the patches for some language versions of the game didnt work properly therefor the game nvr ran without crashing.
    on the other hand the game disc became a very cool coaster
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Banned
    Intels Labs, having my Thermal diode modified.
    i've noticed that most EA games are buggy with little to no support.

i bought EA cricket 2005 and there are loadsa problems with it, however on complaining to EA they said there would be no patch for it. cos it wouldnt be cost effective, they will release a 2006 game instead.

looks to me like EA just cares about making as much money as possible and nothing else, with BF2 i believe they are focusing on the spec-ops addon to screw more money from us instead of fixing all the bugs in the original game.

look at developers like epic and valve, their products are hardly ever bug ridden, and they always support the community to the last, just a shame EA is so profit driven.

northwood, hl2 has tons of bugs when valve released it.. BUT they did something that EA doesnt.. they worked tirelessly until all the bugs were fixed...

pepsi fiend
    wow, after reading that i was gonna come here and post how rediculous and mind-numbing it was, when i realised that this thread was open in another thread.
    i believe that actually made me dumber
    Lanparty Ultra-D DEAD|REVIVED
    X2 3800+ LDBHE 0606 EPMW 2950 @ 1.55v DEAD|STILL DEAD
    Powercolor X1900XT 725/873
    dell 2005fpw 20.1''

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    "uh yeah is this DFI RMA dpt? yeah I was setting up your ultra-d motherboard last night and the pwm shot a flame at me... can you give me a new one?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo
    if you wont eat all of your vegetables einCe will come and get you!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwood
    looks to me like EA just cares about making as much money as possible and nothing else
    I totally agree with you. EA has become a big cynical publisher. As with all big companies they want to become bigger and earn maximum amount of money. I hope the guy that's submitting a formal complaint against EA will win. I also hope the actual developer Digital Illusions and all other developers that's making good games for them will part with EA and turn to someone like Valve instead. This probably won't ever happen of course.
    Mb: Abit IX38QuadGT Cpu: Core2Duo E6850 Gfx: HD4870X2 Ram: CrucialBallistix 2x1GB Case: Gigabyte3DAurora Psu: Corsair620W

Xtreme Mentor
    @Northwood
    your right.
    they r not gona make a patch their gonna make a 2006 game wich will b most likely only a player base update with maybe less bugs.
    but if it will have less bugs you wont know till uve spend ur money on the game.

and i wont buy the add on for BF2.
    to be honest i think the add on is a nice idea, as i think air units in BF2 are overpowered when in the hands of a good pilot. So the man to man is a thing i like. But i simply aint in the mood to pay some 30 to 50 euro on a add-on when EA is refusing to simply fix bugs in the actual game BF2.

i think a big reason why games got big bugs is cause they are rushing it cause they fear the competition of certain other games.
    a big part of the customers that buy games r kids, these kids dont have a huge budget to buy games.
    Therefor EA trys to avoid this competition by launching a game 1 to 2 months before this big hit game that they fear, if that means rushing the game and launching it with bugs they dont realy seem to care.

@Maxxxracer and Northwood.
    the both of u are right. Usually games from valve or epic dont have any bugs or get their bugs fixed in a very short time after launch.

but like said nowdays companies abuse their disclaimers to much.
    i dont expect a game to give me a guarantee that il have fun playing it but i do expect a guarantee that there wont be any anoying bugs that decrease game pleasure and if there are any bugs i expect them to b fixed.
    cause why else pay full price for half a game.
    Groucho Marx

It is
    Quote Originally Posted by k0nsl
    I read this from the link posted by BS and can only agree. Reading that illogical, irrational message was like (I suppose) meeting a professional boxer for five rounds.
    Isn't it funny that Battlefield2 run fine on my system and with no problems during game-play? If there are bugs in the game I'm sure EA will be taking care of it.
    Imagine if I would have sued XS because the 'quote' function of the forum was not working properly. Utterly idiotic.

-k0nsl
    That's not exactly the same, as you do not pay XS money, and therefore have no right to complain. Where as, you buy a game, and therefore expect a product that is functional, you are in your right to complain.
    ~Opinion about Dogs~~~~~~~Hug~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream
    @Northwood
    ...and i wont buy the add on for BF2.
    to be honest i think the add on is a nice idea, as i think air units in BF2 are overpowered when in the hands of a good pilot. So the man to man is a thing i like. But i simply aint in the mood to pay some 30 to 50 euro on a add-on when EA is refusing to simply fix bugs in the actual game BF2...
    The thing is they will make you buy the add-on even if you don't want to. Do you think they'll let you connect their servers without the updates well... think again. You're lucky if you'll find one or two servers running the old version. Sooner or later you WILL shell out that 30 to 50 Euro.

I think companies like Valve and EA should be held responsible and sued if they do false advertising. And I believe they do. Of course if you're 13 year old teenager (I'm not talking about you Starscream) somebody suing the video game company doesn't make sense and that's exactly what these companies looking for. If EA was selling detergent or diswashers with the same customer service and advertising policies they'd be long gone by now. If a telephone company was giving the same BS Valve has been giving their customers for years, Gabe Newell would be flipping burgers at McDonald's to keep up with the settlements.

Xtreme Mentor
    @SamHughe
    i am 23 i use this nick since some 9 years orso from the starscream from the REAL transformers not them cheap knock offs you got nowadays.
    i brought in young people who r on an budget cause i got a cousin and he is 14.
    he doesnt have the cash to buy each game he is interested in and there are a ton of people like that and they r one of EAs biggest clients and i think they are the ones that get screwed the most.

i got a job i can buy the games i wanna buy so the damage i get from a game that doesnt work the way it should is small but its stil there.

and yeah i think ur right, when the add-on comes slowly all servers will only allow you in when u got it installed.
    no damage for me i dont even have BF2 installed anymore.
    Groucho Marx

Xtreme Member
    Please, stop being so ignorant. If you indeed are going to bash, bash for the right reason. Joseph B. (JJ-ST1-) is NOT suing EA, nor has this much (if anything) to do with any EULAs or disclaimers (agreed or not). He has simply submitted a formal complaint to the SEC, via his attorney, as had you even managed to click the link, you would have realized reading his very first sentence of his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ-ST1-
    For those of you that, like me, are tired of waiting for EA to respond to our inquiries regarding an update/fix for BF2, I am submitting this formal complaint to the SEC via my attorney.
    Or as Mr. [PF]DeusFurore later put it:

Quote Originally Posted by [PF]DeusFurore
    In Reply To all other than #1

Since all of you apparently are too busy sticking your heads up your asses, allow me to retort.

This is a complaint to the SEC. It is not a lawsuit or inferrence of litigation. Since none of you people offered up any claim as to experience in the legal field allow me to speak as someone 'in-the-know' on this.

The SEC is a governmental agency. If it receives a complaint for whatever reason it investigates.

Neither he nor his lawyer, are bring claim against EA, as it would surely be a tenuous argument in a court however, it would appear that this gentleman is expressing his opinion by way of his legal right to do so through counsel.

Simple as that.

Those of you who don't read so subjectively might benefit more from a grounding in reading comprehension.

If you want to flame someone, flame me please. I have all day.
    i've stopped using smiles

beefin' it up!
    hell, you wouldn't even have to read the link. You could just read the thread's title: "Formal Complaint Against EA Games!"
    @stuff about the addon:
    how many people bought road to rome and secret weapons (both for battlefield1942)? Most servers stayed with classic BF42 and mods (DC).

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch
    That's not exactly the same, as you do not pay XS money, and therefore have no right to complain. Where as, you buy a game, and therefore expect a product that is functional, you are in your right to complain.
    I know. The comparison was wrong, but you understand what I meant, didn't you?

-k0nsl

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i was sort of ticked off when i bought bf2 the day it came out and heard they were releasing an expansion pack within a few months. makes me wonder why it wasnt included with the original if they were almost finished with the expansion pack or alternatively if the expansion was barely finished when the game was released then the add on obviously didnt take much developement and should be free.

look at neverwinter nights, expansion pack released once every year. each add on added A LOT to the game. as opposed to battlefield add ons sucking

Xtreme Mentor
    @Slider99
    if u mean me with bashing then im sorry if i did bash EA or who ever as this wasnt my intention.
    as i dont see my posts as bashing but as stating my opinion and facts.
    (if u dont mean me then ignore the above )

i do think im right when i say we got to see this broader that to many companys hide behind their disclaimers. and avoid their responsibility to make their games playable.
    Besides that making an official complains is the better way to go compaired to a lawsuit.
    Last edited by Starscream; 10-02-2005 at 02:27 PM.
    Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast