Thread: 8rda+ & VBAT

8rda+ & VBAT

Lo After some Advice,
    bit a of n00b overclocker, trying to get my 2400 AUIGB over the 185FSB running c10 Bios on the 8RDA+, using a Qtec 550w PSU

at 10.5x185@1.750 I can prime Torture test system which is a 100% Stable. On the USDM the VBAT warning pops up every 40 secs as it is dropping below 3.0v, Although this doesn't cause a problem at this FSB.

If I try anything Higher from 187fsb or 190, The computer will boot into Xp, but will not complete a Torture test. instead Computer Shuts down and the Siren Goes Off.

Just After your thoughts on Could this all be related to the VBAT Undervolting?

Thanks

The Vbat is the battery voltage as far as I know, so I don't think that's your prob.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    VBAT is just the voltage of your battery for keeping your CMOs settings. It has no effect on stability, unless it's 0, then u'll lose your CMOS settings on reboot!

Might be worth buying a new Battery for your mobo as it sounds like your mobo don't like the low warnings. Also, might be worth just hecking that the battery is seated correctly.

"There is only one thing better than having a linebacker in your office, and thats having two linebackers in your office"
    12.7Ghz folding for XtremeSystems

Cheers will do, the USDM alarm goes off when it drops below 3.0 but if it does drop below that it is only for a brief second, excellent Avatar btw Gobbo

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cheers Ridley, took a while to get it done that smooth!

"There is only one thing better than having a linebacker in your office, and thats having two linebackers in your office"
    12.7Ghz folding for XtremeSystems

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by gobbo
    VBAT is just the voltage of your battery for keeping your CMOs settings. It has no effect on stability, unless it's 0, then u'll lose your CMOS settings on reboot!
    That's not right.... anything below 3.00V ain't good and the battery needs to be replaced...

Just find one baterry that is 2.7V, not 3.xxV and put it in your PC.... we'll talk later...
    Mollov,
    Runnin' a 700MHz SlotA Thunderbird...

HardwareSight.com Owner

Changed the Battery, dropping below 3.0v Still