Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: ATI News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane
    Well if that lawsuit filed against ATI by its investors is true then ATI does rely a great deal on revenues from their high end parts, more so than the investors where originally lead to believe, allegedly.
    I commented on the lawsuit elsewhere, I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be. I'm not saying there is no reliance on high end parts for profit..of course there is. I'm saying ATI is putting resources into a new market and things look rosy.
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    aww an OC virgin! lose it tonight with Xtremesystems!!!

I am Xtreme
    i hear what you are saying, but ATi have already lost that market surrently to nVidia, as they annouced at the investor meeting(namely contract to DELL). It's lack of the contracts that you are talking about that i fear may hurt them, because, as you say, selling 3000 or so high-end cards is not where the money is. I mean really... or did you not read about them hurting in that department? The only thing that can get them outta that hole is some good marketing. I alreadt know they have a good product, but it won't be out until the next revision of chipsets...hence my worries. thier current chipset offering didn't make the grade.

I knew about the Dell deal of course, but Dell is only one segment of the market and they not switching wholesale to Nvidia parts, It will still be mostly Intel, so ATI still has room to compete there as well as with other brands....
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

I am Xtreme
    Yes, this is true,but the DELL deal was a major blow, i tihnk...maybe 25% of thier sales in that market. while this is not all, it will have some sort of impact. With the current offering of cards already out-pacing current CPU's, there is not much to look for to from any company until the next platforms emerge. Although the time between then and now we will see the new stuff from ATI emerge, , becasue of the current market dominace afforded by nVidia, i don't see any sunny days for ATi for the next 6 months, unless they release a barnstormer of card, which would help sales of the other cards that they offer...purely on reputation.

of course, they are more than capable of riding out a few years, never mind just months.
    Last edited by cadaveca; 09-02-2005 at 12:10 PM.

We can only speculate at this point... I somehow think Nvidia will keep the lead 11 out of 12 months next year in terms of the top end cards.... but I could be wrong...In any case, I am buying some more ATI stock, a good gamble in my own estimation.

BOYCOTT MIR's

I am Xtreme
    I agree, as it will only get lower, but once the new socket emerge, i see ATI regaining that lost graound, adn thier stock going back up again.

Xtreme Addict
    I think if ATI showed more skin on Ruby that would solve all their market problems.

just look what the nude patch for Dawn did for NVIDIA...
    DFI LANParty DK 790FX-B
    Phenom II X4 955 BE (1003GPMW) @ 3.8GHz (19x200) w/1.36v
    -cooling: Scythe Mugen 2 + AC MX-2
    XFX ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB
    8GB PC2-6400 G.Skill @ 800MHz (1:2) 5-5-5-15 w/1.8v
    Seagate 1TB 7200.11 Barracuda
    Corsair HX620W

Support PC gaming. Don't pirate games.

Sex sells, maybe ATI should invent a way to add better 3D effects to downloaded pr0n, they sure would sell a lot of cards....

BOYCOTT MIR's

YouTube Addict
    I think that would make them richer than microsoft and the entire middle east combined....
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    I think that would make them richer than microsoft and the entire middle east combined....
    ROFL

A64 FX-57 CABCE 0516 WPMW First DI Run

Xtreme News Addict

Well, this sucks for ATI

As if ATI wasnt having enough problems already. Now a key player in the camp has switched teams:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25894

-150c Club Member
    He's gotta have... a... Can't remember what its called. THere's rules about this in the US I dun know internationally about bringing trade secrets and information from one business to another and how you can be limited out of fields of work by competition.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Addict
    Guerd Quiesser lol you can probley guess nvidia has spys @ ati anyways, and ati has spys @ nvidia.
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

meh.. just a PR guy.. not like he designs chips.

Xtreme Cruncher
    when you are working in a hughe company like that they make you sign a BIG ASS NDA so if you say something after you leave the company well they can suit you

where my mom works she had to sign something like this if someday the competition makes her a nice offer well she can go but she cant say anything about her previous work
    Last edited by [XC] leviathan18; 09-03-2005 at 10:18 AM.
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Cruncher
    if nvidia manage to bring a nice card like the 6600gt like 7600gt or something like that cheap and fast i think ati is in troubles....

last gen nvidia hurted ati in the mainstream segment with the 6600gt and this where the money is there is more ppl buying mainstream than high end products

and for UnG intel has more market share in the video pie but nvidia and ati makes a lot more money than them

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    and for UnG intel has more market share in the video pie but nvidia and ati makes a lot more money than them
    You got any stats on that Lev? I'm looking at last years earnings reports for all three and Intel reports more porfit just from chipsets that ATI and Nvidia made combined....

BOYCOTT MIR's

Xtreme Cruncher
    i saw it once last year but cant remember where if i find it will send it you it had the pie and earnings

intel has more units sell but they dont make as much money as nvidia nvidia sells a lot

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    if someday the competition makes her a nice offer well she can go but she cant say anything about his previous work
    U meant......her previous work
    | Intel Core i5 2500K | Asrock P67 Extreme 6 | Gskill Ripjaws 8GB CL7 |

| Sapphire HD6970 | Creative X-Fi modded | Corsair HX850 | Corsair H60 |

Xtreme Cruncher
    tell me now where is the mistake :P

btw in my sig in very small letters @ the top says sorry for my english :P

Moral Police
    yhea indeed. this guy is bound by a Non Disclosure Agreement. also known as NDA. Nvidia will get nothing concerning "secrets" from him. If he dares to reveal inside info from ATI he'll be suides along with Nvidia. So i think ATI is hoping for him to do so. This'll get them a LOT of money in a lawsuit.

So, no bigg loss. he's a PR guy and if he does blab ATI will sui both Nvidia and the guy's @$$...

Banned
    Intels Labs, having my Thermal diode modified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity_Razer
    yhea indeed. this guy is bound by a Non Disclosure Agreement. also known as NDA. Nvidia will get nothing concerning "secrets" from him. If he dares to reveal inside info from ATI he'll be suides along with Nvidia. So i think ATI is hoping for him to do so. This'll get them a LOT of money in a lawsuit.

So, no bigg loss. he's a PR guy and if he does blab ATI will sui both Nvidia and the guy's @$$...

Saying something is one thing... proving you said it is another.
    Any useful information Nvidia could put to their advantage, i dont mean copying ideas, but if he was to tell Nvidia the specs of ATI's next generation of card, Nvidia could release something to better those specs, and how could ATI prove anything?

Moral Police
    if your nr1 PR leaves and he knows the details of your next gen card, and a few weeks later the competition releases a countermeasure for that card along with info about your product.......

I'm guessing a judge's mind'll be made up fairly quick concerning things like this

I kind of doubt it Entity, considering ATi KNOWS that NVidia have a counter measure for the R520, and told it to the investors during the shareholders meeting.... The guy could tell them everything about the card and there would be no way to prove it.

Live Long And Overclock
    I think the "Well this sucks for ATI" conversation can be continued here.

--Thread merged--

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast