Thread: My new case :(

Xtreme Member

My new case :(

Damn sons of :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:es! they scratched the aliminum during the cutting of the window you also cannot see an edge of the window which was cut funny. No matter how I tried it would show up on my cam.
    Last edited by stompah; 05-09-2002 at 10:47 AM.

Xtreme Member
    here is the blue LED fan. I dont get why they use a 3 pin connector for a case fan like that? I would rather it be like the rear 60mm case fan with seperate molex and 3pin connector leads

Bad:

Xtreme Member
    Bad:

And the good:

Xtreme Member
    I do like the thumbscrews. and real filler plates are always a plus

Xtreme Member
    front USB ports. the inside of the lid is rough, I will have to work on that a bit

Xtreme Member
    Hard to tell but the edges are rolled nicely so no more inexplicable cuts!

Xtreme Member
    Well overall I am happy cause I get a new case, a window and some interior lighting to set it off!

I doubt I will sink much time or money in this case but for the $117 with all the options it wasnt too bad. Even though the sides do seem a bit flimsy its frame is stiff. I may recut the window to a bigger size. I will need to figure out a way to rewire the case fans with smaller less conspicuos connectors. I was gonna buy a nice aluminum 450w PSU for it but now taht I look a bit harder it looks like I will be barely able to see it. So, instead I will pick up a nice antec and fog it with some flat black paint.

The case does not have a removeable MB tray. Which does not bother me.

Thats it folks. What y'all think?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I think the case is great. I especially like the window and the blue led fan. For the price you can't beat it. I hope everything works out!

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

JBELL
    looks nice and I got a new a-top case coming in from XTW and I have a few mods in store already - if anyone is inteested I prolly be selling my custom sx1040b case

I am lame
    Originally posted by stompah
    here is the blue LED fan. I dont get why they use a 3 pin connector for a case fan like that? I would rather it be like the rear 60mm case fan with seperate molex and 3pin connector leads
    The 3rd pin is an RPM sersor. I wish all mine were like that.

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Smizack

The 3rd pin is an RPM sersor. I wish all mine were like that.
    I know that but I would prefer the fan have the pos & neg wires wired directly to the molex and the yellow wire go to the MB connector. But it doesnt matter I plan on using a different method of connecting the Fans to the system.

IMHO Molex connectors are butt ugly. I just need to think of a way to hide whatever method I use to connect the fan leads.

Hardass
    Originally posted by JBell
    looks nice and I got a new a-top case coming in from XTW and I have a few mods in store already - if anyone is inteested I prolly be selling my custom sx1040b case
    My old case was a A-Top, the 901 full tower black, nice ass case easy to work on.

I am lame
    Originally posted by stompah

I know that but I would prefer the fan have the pos & neg wires wired directly to the molex and the yellow wire go to the MB connector. But it doesnt matter I plan on using a different method of connecting the Fans to the system.

IMHO Molex connectors are butt ugly. I just need to think of a way to hide whatever method I use to connect the fan leads.
    Ahhh. I got ya.

You got a solder gun right?

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Smizack

Ahhh. I got ya.

You got a solder gun right?
    nah, I need some sort of quick disconnect. I will cruise home depot and the auto parts store someday soon

DaGooch
    Home Depot + Auto Zone = Modder's second home.

DaGooch
    Today at Home Depot found an inexpensive GE top loading freezer with an anodized aluminum main tub section for a pretty good price. Holds around 40 gallons of distilled water plus anti freeze from my guesstimate. The possibilities...........................