Thread: centralized or delocalized (i think those are real words)

Xtreme Member

centralized or delocalized (i think those are real words)

normally cpu's are a centralized heat source, so the idea with water cooling is to get as much water flowing through the smallest space as quickly as possible, but pelts are different, the are a delocalized or spread out source of heat, meaning that a water block with beeeeg internal surface area would cool a peltier better(like this one as opposed to this? )

am i right???

im planning on buying that 400w pelt from frozencpu, but miking my own waterblocks coz i have to pay for shipping to south africa, so making my own is cheaper and waaaaaay more fun......
    celery D 326 2.53gHz 256kb @ 3.6
    4x 256mb ddr2 533MHz corsair value ram
    gigabyte 8I945G mobo, bios F5
    seagate 160 gig sata
    gigabyte 6600gt 128mb (600/1300)
    XP 64bit

Xtreme Member
    Exactly. Have fun.

Xtreme Member
    Thats absolutely correct.

Btw, hows the 820?
    DFI Lanparty X48 T2r (Swiftech GTZ)
    Intel Q9450 (DD MPC)
    4 x 2GB OCZ DDR2 1000
    ATI Radeon 4870 512mb (EK-4870FC)
    2x 500gb SATAII RAID 0
    2x 200gb SATA RAID 1 (Back ups)
    2x 160gb SATA RAID 1 (Back ups)
    Creative X-fi Fatal1ty (Overglorified software sound in Vista...was great with XP )
    Don't Forget - The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Xtreme Member
    its okay, im gonna sell it and get myself a 630 or something, coz i must admit, windows runs sooo smoothly and burning cd's, encoding video and listening to music and whatever else all at the same time is easy with this chip, but gaming kinda sucks, and even with my heatsink, as good as you are gonna get with air anyway, still doesnt clock high, even though the temps are low and overvolting the thing makes absolutely no difference....

i should have done more research, but i couldnt because i didnt have my pc yet that allows me to go onto the internet and do research.....so i just bought it and hoped for the best...

it is a very good buy for what it cost, yet it is the wrong chip for what i use it for....

and xp x64? hahahahahaaha, what a waste, even though it was cheaper than the 32bit, didnt do anything other than giving me looooads of driver problems...i mean, the mobo comes with a giant sticker: 64 bit computing supported! but they dont give you the 64 bit drivers to install your network card to be able to connect to the network to go on the internet to download all the other drivers you dont get with the cd.....so all in all a bit of a mess....
    celery D 326 2.53gHz 256kb @ 3.6
    4x 256mb ddr2 533MHz corsair value ram
    gigabyte 8I945G mobo, bios F5
    seagate 160 gig sata
    gigabyte 6600gt 128mb (600/1300)
    XP 64bit