Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: The LCD Buyers Guide

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet2urbrain
    edited original post with some pics.. more can be taken or added at request.
    that light bleeding is awful it must be annoying while you watch a 16:9 movie
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Cruncher
    yup i said it was annoying..but atleast i got the pic to truly show the nastiness of the light bleeding...

Canon SD400 FTW.. my 2 X-mas presents SD400 and VX724..

on the positive note.. this monitor makes the VX910 look like absolute crap..

The light bleeding is the exact oppostie places on my VP930b. I will add pics to my old post to keep things organized and update with what came in the box.

Xtreme Addict

I review 2!

MY reviews of

Sharp 17", model LL-172G-B

and

View Sonic VA2012wb 20.1"

http://kohan69.web1000.com/LCD_REVIEW/lcdreview.html

more reviews coming soon

Xtreme Cruncher
    kohan nice review but if is not a problem could you post your review here like ours ? just a mini review

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    kohan nice review but if is not a problem could you post your review here like ours ? just a mini review
    no man, that requires work!

..........ok, I'll edit it later

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yo yo! ANYONE gonna mini review the Dell 3007WFP??? Or do I have to do it when/if I get it. See, it pays to wait for months on a crap 15", lol
    i7
    Dell 30" 2560x1600

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by YanBooth
    Yo yo! ANYONE gonna mini review the Dell 3007WFP??? Or do I have to do it when/if I get it. See, it pays to wait for months on a crap 15", lol
    I guess you're the licky one to review the 3007WFP when it gets out.
    Im sure it will be an awesome monitor. Like a 2405fpw but a bit faster and a lot larger, and less connectors.

It doesnt matter if everyone makes their own review of the same monitor. More reviews on a monitor, the better.
    It gives the readers a chance to look at the reviews in different perspectives so they can make their own conclusions
    Plus if a monitor has a lot of reviews and they are all good, then it gives them an idea of how good that monitor must be since everyone is buying it
    Last edited by Turok; 01-12-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    its a when/if... ill know this weekend... keep you all updated
    i7
    Dell 30" 2560x1600

Xtreme Addict
    I think the firsdt fen of 3007WFP wont perform as well as the latest 2405FP

There are 2 versions of the widescreen dell 24", 2405FPW is a bit older, the newest is called the 2405FP "UltraSharp" is newest version

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...v=&browse=&s=1

I will get it witihn next month, and write a better review than Tom's Hardware

Xtreme Member
    ultra sharp seems to be the better one up to now.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How long do you think I should wait until I get the 3006WFP? What I have read is that it is pretty much great all around, except for a backlighting uniformity issue, but apparently that was only when the screen had an all black image, or when there were dark images on it. What I am hoping for, is that this issue has been worked out, because the Extreme Something-or-other website I read this very large review at had the monitor "for many weeks", so my hope is that this issue will have been worked out a little with the more mainstream production models.

Now, I want to know, if SED, and OLED seem so promising, but I am not extremely concerned about a little ghosting (I don't mind it on my Dell 15" UltraSharp), but SED (and perhaps OLDEN) have a lowishs maximum resolution, perhaps they aren't the best of choices.

I would have this monitor for 4-5 years, that much I know.

Yan

Quote Originally Posted by KoHaN69
    I think the firsdt fen of 3007WFP wont perform as well as the latest 2405FP

There are 2 versions of the widescreen dell 24", 2405FPW is a bit older, the newest is called the 2405FP "UltraSharp" is newest version

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...v=&browse=&s=1

I will get it witihn next month, and write a better review than Tom's Hardware
    i7
    Dell 30" 2560x1600

Xtreme Cruncher
    FPW means flat panel widescreen so any lcd from dell that is widescreen is FPW

Xtreme Cruncher
    oled it wont cut in large screen because they die pretty quick.

sed perhaps is going to be better than lcd, but HDR brigthside is going to be overkill

great work,

plz keep up.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KoHaN69
    MY reviews of

Sharp 17", model LL-172G-B

and

View Sonic VA2012wb 20.1"

http://kohan69.web1000.com/LCD_REVIEW/lcdreview.html

more reviews coming soon

The Viewsonic review is CLASSIC! I think you might be XS' new official comedian.
    -=Darkside=-
    3700 @ 3.0 :: DFI NF4 Expert :: 2g OCZ Platinum :: 2x 7900gtx SLI :: 2x74gb Raptors RAID 0 :: X-Fi/Z-5500
    -=Sintax=-
    3200 @ 2.4 :: GAK8NPro 754 :: 1g Mushkin BH-5 :: x850xt @ PE :: 2x36gb Raptors RAID 0 :: Klipsch 4.1
    -=LilGuy=-
    Dell Inspiron E1705 :: 2ghz Intel Dual Core :: 2g DDR2 :: 7900gtx :: 100gb 7600rpm

Xtreme Enthusiast
    SO!!!!! I ORDERED THE Dell 3007WFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!! I can't wait until it gets here... Friday the 20th... or the 23rd-25th!

CAN'T WAIT!

Yan
    i7
    Dell 30" 2560x1600

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry, I guess I was just a tad excited... you all know how it is with these kinda things!

Yan
    i7
    Dell 30" 2560x1600

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow nice panel! I see you already added it to your sid

should take one heck of a card for good fps on that beast.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits.
    - Albert Einstein

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well, I have a bunch of $$$ put in place for the G80, so my somewhatcrappy 256MB 6600GT w/dual link DVI will have to hold me until then... It has done fine since July!

Yan
    i7
    Dell 30" 2560x1600

Leviathan,

How did you make to import the LCD to Venezuela? Did the shop directly sell to you? Or someone there bought it for you then sent it?
    I live in Brazil and it's really hard to get these top stuff without paying almost 3 times the price in the States.

thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, as I write this, I am viewing the text on the Dell 3007WFP, and let me tell you, whatever people say... They are wrong... The backlighting "issues" that were mention are not visible unless the whole screen has an all black background. It really isn't noticible! Contrast ratio is good, better than my old 15" Dell LCD, though it doesn't quite compare to a CRT... At least thats what I think!

Feel free to ask questions!

Yan
    i7
    Dell 30" 2560x1600

Xtreme Addict
    Well, as I write this, I am viewing the text on the Dell 3007WFP, and let me tell you, whatever people say... They are wrong... The backlighting "issues" that were mention are not visible unless the whole screen has an all black background. It really isn't noticible! Contrast ratio is good, better than my old 15" Dell LCD, though it doesn't quite compare to a CRT... At least thats what I think!

Yan
    Let us have that review

I would be willing to help with some image refinement.
    Just send me a PM if you need some help.
    Make the review verry detailed noting every good and bad thing without exagerating or making it look better than it is. Be honest or else some enthusiast will think it's just biased. :P
    Last edited by Turok; 01-18-2006 at 09:23 PM.

Xtreme Addict

Yan
    Which games have you played on it? In what way does it not measure up to a CRT? Ghosting? Image quality? Whats the highest resolution you can run in any game? Any 2D quality problems in the native res?
    Sourcing parts for a mildly over clocked abacus.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sviola
    Leviathan,

How did you make to import the LCD to Venezuela? Did the shop directly sell to you? Or someone there bought it for you then sent it?
    I live in Brazil and it's really hard to get these top stuff without paying almost 3 times the price in the States.

thanks

easy enter DELL.com and search for dell brazil then look for the customer number call them and you can buy directly by phone they will ask you for credit card or wiretransfer payment adress and everything they need if you ask for rebates and you have a nice guy in the phone they can give you some disscount they gave me 200$ discount.

they send the LCD via air so its pretty quick the shipping

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast