Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members Welcome & Advice Thread

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

We as team 36362 are gaining considerable momentum and Pythagoras and I are not going to sit on our hindmost parts and not take notice. A membership drive and some other interesting things will definitely be happening for xtremesystems.org in the not distant future. Sign up now and be a part ! We will be kicking some serious buttocks!

****The above statement is a highly biased view of team 36362, the owners and operators of xtremesystems.org take no responsibility for the ranting of a madman.
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    aww an OC virgin! lose it tonight with Xtremesystems!!!

I am Xtreme
    We should put the Guide up on the front page as news, and then like a week later put the roster up on the front page as news...

maybe we can get some more users on the forum that way at least.

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    I just got done setting up a 3800+ X2 @ 2800 mhz with 2 F@H cores running. I did the usual tweaks.. I needed to test stability and this is the best way imho So, we will see how many WU i can crunch. Hopefully it will help you out. I was hoping i could have xfered my points from another i crunched for before, but i see standford disable that option now.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Welcome to the team.Let us know how that X2 is doing.If it can maintain 2800mhz then it will crunch good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    I'll just change my sig to "Fold for XS or I'll post nekkid pics of meself"

INTEL Q6600 L737B075 400@x9 1.385v--Abit IP35 pro--4 gb Gskill 4-4-4-12 -Ati 6870-Dell 2407fp @1920x1200

Yeah that's some serious MHz
    Welcome to our team!!
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    I installed that FAHmon tool. my cores are showing up orange. Can someone point me out to what to look for to get them both green? Less than 24 hrs i hit like 245 WUs. Im not to pleased with the results.

I think your systems are erroring out, it takes a very stable rig to run F@H. what version of the program are you running? command line or GUI? in either case, start it with a switch -verbosity 9 so I can get some log details from you and figure our what is happening

BOYCOTT MIR's

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    i figured it out.. I had the switch used for Intel instead of AMd. i used ForceSSE and now it shows green. thanks
    Last edited by Haltech; 10-29-2005 at 08:02 PM.

That's excellent news, your stats will start climbing. If you wish to use it, the link to your personal stats box for you signature is

"http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=156834"

Just take the quotes off and use that URL to your stats picture in your siggy.

Cheers
    UnG

BOYCOTT MIR's

Banned
    hey guys, just downloadd the gui for folding and installed. i am running a3800x2 at 2550 with 2 gig of ram. anything i need to know about running on a dual core.?

Here to help
    Hi and welcome chronic,

To take full advantage of a dual core you could download the console version as well as running the gui, that will use both cores.

Yes, you can. Additional processors must run the console version (with the "-local" command-line argument if run on Windows). First, make additional directories for each processor and copy the FAH Console executable file into each. Then configure them with the -config switch, filling in settings for each. It is very important to make sure that under the "Advanced Settings" option each copy is given a unique machine ID (from 1 to 8). The first copy will default to a machine ID of 1, so additional copies should be given IDs of 2, 3, 4, etc. Each may then be run out of their installed directory, using the -local switch on windows."

So make a new directory and download the console version to that directory and then follow the directions above.

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Cruncher
    I installed the GUI

I burn in my cpu a lot so this seems ideal
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Ok, I guess this can also be considered the Q&A thread? I have a couple:
    1) I downlaoded this version (the one at the top)
    http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html
    I check the tweaking guide, but its all for a console version or something. Any tweaks.
    2) How much can I expect from an A-XP 2200 @ 2.1ghz a day?
    3) finally, how can I get one of those snazy sigs?
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moddolicous
    Ok, I guess this can also be considered the Q&A thread? I have a couple:
    1) I downlaoded this version (the one at the top)
    http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html
    I check the tweaking guide, but its all for a console version or something. Any tweaks.
    2) How much can I expect from an A-XP 2200 @ 2.1ghz a day?
    3) finally, how can I get one of those snazy sigs?
    1) Personally, I'd strongly recommend the console version. It seems to offer a lot of "tweaks" and runs quicker than the graphical version.

2) I get 200-300 ppd on my A64 @ 2.5GHz (pretty variable depending on what core I get)

3) Here's the link to your sig: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...licous&t=36362

Doesn't appear to be working yet, but should be once you get some WU submitted...

Welcome to the team!
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    1 GB of OCZ PC3700EL Platinum TCCD
    AMD 3500+ Clawhammer (XP-120)
    eVGA 6200 -> 6600 softmod

XS_THE_MACHINE
    DO you have a link to the console version? And, would it be worth it to me to uninstall the version I have now to run the console version and tweak it?

clicks to save kids

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Hi all just getting up and running i'm installing console version and have made it to. Change advanced options? yes or no.
    Hope i don't have to post for every question

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by heater918
    Hi all just getting up and running i'm installing console version and have made it to. Change advanced options? yes or no.
    Hope i don't have to post for every question
    Yes... if you just might want to check over that -advmethods flag is set on (or yes) which allows with Intel-cpu to get QMD WUs (for the best PPD rate).

Xtreme Cruncher
    DO you have a link to the console version? And, would it be worth it to me to uninstall the version I have now to run the console version and tweak it?
    Should uninstall first that GUI version before you setup console version. You find the console version from the same download link you put to your own post Third option downward -> 5.04Beta "no nonsense" http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandeg...04-Console.exe.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I thought it would be useful to put link also to this very robust monitor for F@H-cores
    http://fahmon.silent-blade.org/download/FahMon_203.zip (662KB).

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Thanks for the help i'm up & running should show up on the team page shortly. heater

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Installed beta 5.04 and chose to run as a service everthing is running but i have yet to be added to team. It ran overnight before i rebooted to run as service would that explain why i don't show up? After reboot it stared on same client i believe. Also does it upload manually or do i upload results.
    Pic of log txt.
    Last edited by heater918; 01-04-2006 at 04:51 AM.

Here to help
    Need to see the log file to see whats going on. Any chance of attaching it to your post?

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

XS_THE_MACHINE
    I hope this is it Edit: I'm on now. Ahead of Mod ha ha better re-instal quickly Mod ! Thanks for help and i will look for some tweeks now that i'm on the XS F@H team.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by heater918; 01-04-2006 at 05:47 AM.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Alright, I got a question. This rig looks like its time to reinstall windows. Is there anything I have to save from the F@H folder so that its still sees I have only 1 cpu?? Or can I just save what I need and, reinstall windows, then reinstall F@H??

clicks to save kids

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Alright, I got a question. This rig looks like its time to reinstall windows. Is there anything I have to save from the F@H folder so that its still sees I have only 1 cpu?? Or can I just save what I need and, reinstall windows, then reinstall F@H??
    This is just a bump for you. I have no clue as i was struggling to get my name on the stat chart F@H for Team XSBTW i'm on now.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast