The past few nights I have been trying to OC the 4200+ and need a little help. I started out using Systool Build 193 to notch up the FSB and then run a stress test of a test pattern of 16million. After each sucessful pass I would go to the next step. Started out at 200mhz, stock voltage of around 1.27 (according to smart guardian and CPU-Z). On stock voltage I got up to around 214.19 stable over repeated stress tests in Systemtool. I tried raising the voltage in system tool but it would not go above 1.34 and at that level I was not having any success. I read some threads about ocing the DFI board and went in to Genie to make changes so I could get the voltage up further. I put the start at 1.275 and the Special a +113% (IIRC) which net me a max of around 1.57. I started pushing the voltage up to 1.5 but the PWMIC was getting up around 56c (was 44c at the lower voltages) based off of Smart Guardian so I stopped for the night. The whole time the CPU temp was around 26c idle 29-30c load on the lower voltages and 32c idle, 36-38c full load at the higher vooltages. Now that I know where the PWMIC is I plan on directing some air to it tonight to try and cool it down. I noticed that when it got to the 52c plus level that my Stress test times were going up, thought it was not erroring out. Stock I was at about 338sec for 16mil, went just sub 300 on stck voltage with around 214.19 stable, but with the voltage in the 1.5 range at ~216 it was back up to 338, logically this would tell me the system is running slower.

Ok so first should I keep using Systool to do the stress or go with 2 instances of Prime 95? Second should I used something else beside Systool for the FSB and voltage changes? What should I set my Start voltage at and the Special at? I assume that I should leave the voltage one between the two in the bios (forgive my brain fart I am at work) on auto. Amy I best to creap up the FSB till it errors out, then up the voltage till it works, then up the FSB till it errors ect ect or just go for the gusto? Should I be concerned about the PWMIC temp reading? I noticed some screen shots where people are close to the same temp just not sure.

I probably have a few more questions in me but I will start there. Any help is appreciated.