View Poll Results: Which evaporator would you use?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cap in Cap

1 1.72%
  • chilly1

37 63.79%
  • Baker

5 8.62%
  • Maze (any variety)

5 8.62%
  • Other (if other, please specify)

10 17.24%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: 1 Evap, 2 Evap, 3 Evap, 4, but which one?

Xtreme Member
    I voted maze because I am bull headed and made my own block on a milling machine even though it is doubtfull that it would be better than the chilly evap.

PS) I've been thinking... why don't we open a new section called "FLAME ON" and grant PC ICE access back to the open arena and you guys could fight over till all steams are gone? just a thought.
    Apparently I joined after the PC ICE incident. Good Lord, did I miss a title fight?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117
    Close the thread maybe? I am seeing this turning into petty argument instead of what might be strength of each block. The comment such as "how do you know it works good?" was just rediculous on my view when there are proven projects (number of cascades and single stages humming along getting very good temperature)... I know there are differences between Chilly and PC ICE right now as it stands but this childish siding need to slow down or stop. When you see a good thing, it is a good thing. If you see a dud, it is a dud. Don't let your feelings judge your better part of brain.

PS) I've been thinking... why don't we open a new section called "FLAME ON" and grant PC ICE access back to the open arena and you guys could fight over till all steams are gone? just a thought.
    Sorry, but you can get pretty good temps without a good evap, it is just a matter of pressures, gases included and workmanshipp.
    If you just say that block is good because it is being used in whatever cascade, is childish, give facts man.
    You think that an evap is good because is being used for some "Guru", I think an evap is good of I can compare it with other evaps and performs better. Beter holding temps, better deltas betwin proc and evap, etc.

I dont want to flame nobody, but I think the one flaming is you, if you need to look at any other guys dispute instead to answer a simple question.

BTW, what part of the brain is used to say "when you see a good thing, then it's a good thing"?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry, but you can get pretty good temps without a good evap, it is just a matter of pressures, gases included and workmanshipp.
    That is true but PC Ice used chilly evaps before and now uses his with the same design as his previous phase changers except for evap. They both hit temps very low and within a few degrees of eachother. Secondly the pc ice evap is more affordable as previously said.

HVAC/R Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117
    Close the thread maybe? I am seeing this turning into petty argument instead of what might be strength of each block. The comment such as "how do you know it works good?" was just rediculous on my view when there are proven projects (number of cascades and single stages humming along getting very good temperature)... I know there are differences between Chilly and PC ICE right now as it stands but this childish siding need to slow down or stop. When you see a good thing, it is a good thing. If you see a dud, it is a dud. Don't let your feelings judge your better part of brain.

No worries. PCice's is just that a copy... an inexpensive knockoff.
    I will have real load testers with software and windows software here in a few weeks. We will be able to really tst thes evaps..
    @ ricky need an evap? PM me with your addy I have some stuf going there in a few days..

And thx for the support guys. MY evaps are a little more but they come with mounting and always that extra .....and remember you get what you pay for....

Closing thread... ...
    Last edited by chilly1; 08-07-2005 at 04:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12