Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X2 4800+

Xtreme Enthusiast

Question X2 4800+

Hi guys i just preordered one X2 4800+ at monarch , and i was wondering which memory is gonna be best choice for that? I am planing to use Crossfire mobo.. and as far i can find is gonna be DDR1 am i correct? So if some of you guys have some ideas, and read something usefull in other places pleace share with me thaks

Please if somebody that moderate here can change title to "X2 4800+ & memory have any ideas?"

Xtreme Recruit
    anything from ocz rated @ 2 2 2 6 will do you fine! Also check out mushkins redline series.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have now OCZ 3200EL Platinum Rev.2 but i am not sure that this is the right memory ....an is rated 2 2 2 5

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not knowing the vdimm options of the crossfire board i would go with some nice G.Skill LE or LA and if price is not an issue the FF looks terrific. If you would like to play the UTT game assuming decent vdimm options on the crossfire board Mushkin Redline (ch-5 die) looks good along with OCZ Gold and G.Skill GH (bh-5 die) or OCZ pc 4000 VX (not sure which die).

Xtreme Member
    Don't dual cores always need Registered ECC ram?
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    The absolute best is what comes out five minutes after you spend all your money upgrading.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    no i dont care for the money , i want the best ram for my rig.. but may be is little early to choose... i was trying to buy moste of the components , before MOBO to be realised so i gonna be ready for that moment...

ur 3200el plat is TCCD. its some of the best ram u can get that doesnt need crazy volts. it is unknown what kind of volts the crossfire board will give so stick with the ram u have for now. if it can give u really high volts and money is no option some OCZ VX4000 would be an excelent choice.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hmm i just want to be prepare , and to have the best possible set up when the new mobo come

Xtreme Cruncher
    geil is going to release a ddr 400 1.5 cas that looks very very promissing so keep that one in mind
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18
    geil is going to release a ddr 400 1.5 cas that looks very very promissing so keep that one in mind
    That's sounds pretty good anyway , obviosly , until the MoBos is not in stok is DIFFICULT to decide what to buy... for the begining , i'll stay with my memory... until we find out wich memory is gonna be the best decision...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z-design
    All 939 parts fit under the same specification.
    DFI NF4 SLI
    AMD 4200+
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    Corsair XMS 4400
    74GB Raptor
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra
    520W OCZ Powerstream

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z-design
    Only Opterons require Registered DDR. Athlon 64s of all types use regular DDR
    Asus P6T i7-920
    Asus P5N-T - C2Q Q9550

Heatware: Omega65 170-0-0
    eBay: Omega365 138-0-0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I only use Crucial for 100% compatability issues and they be around forever. Ballistix rox because it's low latency.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebo
    I only use Crucial for 100% compatability issues and they be around forever. Ballistix rox because it's low latency.
    Heres what I'm talking about... Look at all the greens for crucial
    http://www.tomshardware.com/motherbo...odules-24.html

Xtreme Member
    Your current ram should be great already! I see you're using it with a P4 right now.
    From what i've read that ram really shines in combination with an Athlon64.(Especially if you got the Plat rev 2 with TCCD)
    It's officially rated at PC3200 though, so there are no guarantees but i'd definitely keep it for now and see what it can do. It has great potential.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    G.Skill FF or GH. what you have is up there too, but i wouldn't call it the BEST (which i think is what you want).
    Intel C2D E6600 (L630B015)
    TT BigTyphoon || Zalman VF900 Fatal1ty
    Abit QuadGT
    2GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500
    HIS X1900XT --> XTX
    Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
    OCZ GameXStream 700w

HEAT --- eBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    10X Gogar , for now , i'll keep it, and lets see how is gonna be the preformance I was realy satisfied with this ram and P4EE , actualy that was the only ram that allow me to reach 4.4Ghz with vapo LS , and to get 2600MHz with Dotnah & CT-479 kit. But i doesn't have any expirience with A64 and i have no idea what is gonna be better.. And i am not sure that X2 4800+ gonna act like A64 ...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BobyTT
    no i dont care for the money , i want the best ram for my rig.. but may be is little early to choose... i was trying to buy moste of the components , before MOBO to be realised so i gonna be ready for that moment...
    hey if you dont care for the money then can you send a 4400+ over my way

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LOL , hmmm i think that you should PM this to Santa

Xtreme Addict
    Santa hates me i thought id have a better chance getting it from you

Phenom™
    It all depends on what you wanna do with your rig. I've been running a pair of G.Skill FF's with my 4600+'s and have no complaints. BTW, IIRC the crossfire will give Vdimm up to 4.0V......
    P.S. Santa can be very nice sometimes

With the way new memory module models (say that 3 times fast ) are coming out lately, I would wait on the mem till the MB is out

Steven... you need to change your sig to FX25

Xtreme Addict
    pffft says you steven.....santa gives you all the nice stuff....lol

Xtreme Member
    I can tell you that the X2 cpus seem to run OCZ VX memory exceedingly well with the right settings. However with any memory that runs the VDIMM much higher than nominal I would be concerned with longevity.

If total performance is the goal then something like VX would do well. If you still want very good performance with much lower voltage, then some 512 MB sticks of OCZ Platinum Rev 2 2-2-2-5 or any dimm like that (tccd based and binned accordingly) would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BobyTT
    Hi guys i just preordered one X2 4800+ at monarch , and i was wondering which memory is gonna be best choice for that? I am planing to use Crossfire mobo.. and as far i can find is gonna be DDR1 am i correct? So if some of you guys have some ideas, and read something usefull in other places pleace share with me thaks

Please if somebody that moderate here can change title to "X2 4800+ & memory have any ideas?"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LOL Hi LOE , P4EE was good enough , i just got bored from this rig i have it from like a year and something... thats a loong time , and let's see how is gonna be this X2 , you never know what is gonna be better...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast