Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Zalman CNPS-9500!

Xtreme Member
    It's huge. I hope it performs as good as it looks...

i just took a look at the perfomrance graph they have and i just have to laugh...

The kitten in your sig makes me laugh

Xtreme Addict
    This thing was announced like 4 months ago... Whens it comming out!!!!

What I dont like about these Zalmans is that you CAN'T upgrade the fan. VERY annoying to me. But this one looks like its worth getting. I wonder if you can cut a Delta out of its stock casing and modify it to fit inside that Zalman though....
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 07-17-2005 at 09:36 AM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

c[_]
    it possibly could take on a single 120mm fan mid range system.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groovetek
    who actually beleives this can beat a "120mm radiator water cooling system" as shown on that graph?

lets say even something low-end like CoolerMaster Aquagate Mini R120 - who beleives the Zalman can top that? At best it'd be close I think!

But I reckon basically any other kit would wreck it... for example, Corsair Cool, Koolance EXOS or even corsair Hydrocool, no way a aircooled heatsink has any chance...
    It could be one of the Thermaltake kits
    Use in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of n00bs. Overclock within 24 hours of opening.
    Do not read instructions before proceeding, do not use only as directed. May cause frustration, late nights and empty wallets.
    If symptoms persist please consult your hardware professional.
    -AgentVX-

Xtreme Addict
    Its not just simply an aircool heatsink, it uses heatpipes. Thats VERY different. There is liquid inside of the heatpipes with highly compressed gas.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella
    Its not just simply an aircool heatsink, it uses heatpipes. Thats VERY different. There is liquid inside of the heatpipes with highly compressed gas.
    compressed? I thought i remember reading that it was some liquid with a high heat tranfer spec (think mercury) that moved through the heatpipe on some type of wick

Xtreme Addict
    *shrugs* Thats what I was told was in them, maybe zalmans are different.

c[_]
    There are a lot of ways to do it.

You can use pressure, a vaccuum, and different styled "wicks"...

They're all pretty ineffective though. The metal you are thinking of is a Gallium with other compounds. We have yet to see just how effective it is however since the "liquid metal" heatsinks have not really been reviewed yet.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    REALLY.... WHEN IS THIS THING COMMING OUT?!?

They announced this thing a quarter of a year ago... when the hell is it comming out?! *paces*

Xtreme Enthusiast
    quietpcusa or wutever that website originally said july 22nd .. now it says late august

Xtreme Recruit
    hmmm can't wait. I saw these at computex and they were really sweet. I wonder if they really cool better than water .
    RedDragon
    A64 Venice 0517 APFW @ (300 x 9) | DFI Ultra-D | eVGA 6800GT | PQI Turbo 2 x 512MB (300 @ 2.5-4-4-7, 2.7V) | Cooler Master Real Power 450 | Maxtor 160GB, Maxtor 120GB | NEC ND-3540A || AquaExtreme 50z | DangerDen TDX | Polarflo TT VGA | BIX2 | DangerDen Dual Heatcore w/ Shroud

Dragon [backup sys]
    XP-M 2600+ | Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 | Visiontek GeForce 3 Ti200 | OCZ Gold GX PC-3500 | Ultra X-Finity 600W || Thermalright SI-97 | MCX-159

Heatware 43-0-0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by red_dragon
    hmmm can't wait. I saw these at computex and they were really sweet. I wonder if they really cool better than water .
    Depends on the water setup you're comparing it to.

Xtreme Member
    The xp-120 with medium panaflo I installed on a comp with a venice could handle 1.7v, but I didn't really test stability that may lacking because of a higher but safe temperature (45 - 50c @ load). I haven't gone past 1.7v on my H2o setup yet cause I heard its unsafe. So I spent about 250 more for whatever stability I get from being 5 - 10c lower. This heatsink could be a good investment if it can keep up or pass the xp-120 in cooling performance. I think everybody that is thinking of watercooling should forget about it and go for phase change. That is what I'm attempting cause H2o in my opinion is half azs. its a little better than current heat sinks but nothing to brag about and brings performnace differences that are most of the time non detectable. so heat sinks for a pretty good overclock without many head aches and phase change for those of us that want only the most xtreme over clocks.
    Last edited by yasoumalaka; 07-23-2005 at 12:03 PM.
    University of Florida Graduate 2005

CPU: Q6600 @ 3.55Ghz @ 1.52v bios lapped
    MEM: Crucial Lan Fest 2x 1GB DDR2 1185 @ 2.275v
    MOBO: IP35 PRO Hacked W/ heat pipes modded using MX-2
    PSU: 600W POWERSTREAM
    GPU: 8800GTS 602/908
    COOLING: Thermalright Ultra Xtreme - Lapped - 2x 12CM S-flex
    Thermal Interface: MX-2
    Case: Cooler Master CM-690 5x 12CM Fans

Xtreme Addict
    but with watercooling you get your GFX cards colled too....to the best of my knowledge you cant do this with a phaswe change unit

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjaguar
    quietpcusa or wutever that website originally said july 22nd .. now it says late august
    All I can say, is that it better be worth the wait! If they compare it to a really crappy water cooler I'm gonna be really pissed, when I could have had an XP-90C a month before.

Also, the biggest reason for me not to go to phase change at the moment is concerns about condensation! Yes I know that there are measures you can take to solve that, but Im not at a place where I have the time requried to do that, or the money to spend on that kind of thing. That can get very expensive for those of us who know NOTHING of building a phase change device, nor even remotely want to do it our self. I'd settle for a below watter chiller that lowered the temperature of the water, just enough to avoid any issues with condensation. But I don't have the cash for something like that right now. I still have to buy some very expensive parts for my new graphics studio desk.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 07-26-2005 at 11:43 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yeah, unless this thing shows a huge improvement, I'm sticking with the XP-120
    I'm pretty happy with my current temps anyway

Xtreme Member
    hiya,
    Somebody said something about watercooling beeing worthless what I do not agree with.
    If you are going to overclock with air you will always need more than a good cpu fan (3-5 fans) and this is going to make much more noise than H²O.
    But at the other hand this zalman is going to be much cheaper that H²O.

Xyus
    processor : amd s939 venice @ 2200mhz
    memory : Corsair rev5.1 xms 2 *512
    storage : 40 + 80 + 320gb
    case : Antec SOHO server case plusview

I WANT NOW!! Will this beat a Thermaltake Big Typhoon?
    Last edited by george__; 07-27-2005 at 12:14 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by george__
    I WANT NOW!! Will this beat a Thermaltake Big Typhoon?
    hard to tell when no one has reviewed it

Quote Originally Posted by Ender17
    hard to tell when no one has reviewed it
    Wut u think?

Hope it doesn't disappoint me .. like the Vapochill Micro.

A little review here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/oth...-cnps9500.html

I't beats the Zalman 7700cu by 13ºC at full load and it beats the Gigabyte 3D Galaxy WC Kit too.

I know that 3D Galaxy is weak but beating 7700cu by 13ºC is very good and i think it's enough to beat XP90C too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast