Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Celoron M(dothan)-

Xtreme Member
    Spajky

Have you managed to get anywhere with you idea's ???

Lightbulb

.. no ... (I do not have the Cpu & MoBo/adapter yet to measure stuff myself & try to mod it by myself; sometimes in the future months maybe...); still studying pics of the adapter ...
    Last edited by Spajky; 08-01-2005 at 07:56 PM.

Xtreme Member

Angry Damned Heat sensor...

Right...
    Have received the Ce M370....
    Tried to mod the waterblock.....done it
    Mounted motherboard and RAM (2x512 cas 2) and cables.....nightmare (with 2 RAID set...)
    Alomost done everything...damned heat sensor plug 've gone wild.....from the waterblock.....downside......have to re-do everything....
    Guess i'll only burn my neighbour car....just to unstress......or yel "RRRaaaaaaa"
    Don't know.......maybe robbing a bank......

Well, have to get back to work.....

Man is a wolf to Man. Then i wanna be the Tex Avery wolf......at least to enjoy the kiss of a woman.....

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spajky
    .. no ... (I do not have the Cpu & MoBo/adapter yet to measure stuff myself & try to mod it by myself; sometimes in the future months maybe...); still studying pics of the adapter ...
    I have it totaly stripped out ATM, so if you need any further help just ask.

Is the adapter not available yet in Slovenia?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Pongi
    Is the adapter not available yet in Slovenia?
    Yes it is, but since I am stil on Tualatin/BX board setup, I need to change whole base of PC & that is not so cheap at once to do it (MoBo, ram, video card etc) for me; still hunting first for some 2nd hand proper (low) price MoBo (P4P800) first, hard to find here now at the moment, searching on classifields doh ...

PS.: some guy here on my country local forum is running 350J@2,3GHz@1,25Vcore (177Fsb), but he encountered a strange problem (must be bios), if anything than 2225 latencies on ram is set, no boot, P4P800e-_dlx .. interesting ...

Xtreme Member
    Yes it is, but since I am stil on Tualatin/BX board setup, I need to change whole base of PC & that is not so cheap at once to do it (MoBo, ram, video card etc) for me; still hunting first for some 2nd hand proper (low) price MoBo (P4P800) first, hard to find here now at the moment, searching on classifields doh ...

PS.: some guy here on my country local forum is running 350J@2,3GHz@1,25Vcore (177Fsb), but he encountered a strange problem (must be bios), if anything than 2225 latencies on ram is set, no boot, P4P800e-_dlx .. interesting ...

Is his rams SPD table 2,2,2,5 by any chance ?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    ... will ask him (that thread is dying) ...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ibby
    guys i know its a little off beat
    but i have a pentim M banjis 1.5 and want to put 1.7v
    into it.

whch pins do i mod, and any particulat wires i should use.

Thanks.

Ibby
    do you have an adjustable vcore in the bios?

if so just connect the VID5 to a VSS (see pic a) and then set vcore in teh bios to 1.196 - since your vcore VID5 will be always 0, at 1.196 you will get 1.708V (see pic b)

If you don't, (the banny's stock vcore is 1.484 right?), then you need to connect VID1, VID2 and VID3 to a VSS (see pic a).

http://img333.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vid13nc.jpg (pic a)
    http://img333.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vid5rb.jpg (pic b)

you can just put a square of copper wire around the four pins (as they are in a square formation)...

I use copper wire ripped out from ide cables.
    Last edited by wwwww; 08-04-2005 at 12:18 AM.

Mr Fantasic
    Yes multis are unlocked.

I will give that a try in the next couple of days.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes multis are unlocked.

I will give that a try in the next couple of days.
    sorry i meant vcore... :P

Mr Fantasic
    yes vcore is unlocked as well.
    1.485 is default..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok

Then just ground the VID5. This won't change your stock multi, it will still do 1.484 if you clear the cmos, this just changes the vcore for anything start VID5 normally = 1 (i.e. 0.7V to 1.196V) - if you set to them you will be given a range from 1.212V to 1.708V - that is, if you set 1.196V it will boot at 1.708V, and so on.

That pic is the pic of the socket, so remember that's inverted frm the cpu - I normally put the wire on the socket 'cause my hands shake too much to put it into the pga.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vid13nc.jpg 
Views:	1017 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	35296  

Mr Fantasic
    so basically I, put connect the vid5 to vss to give me 1.72 v

SPDs:
    166Mhz - 2.5 3 3 7
    200Mhz - 3 3 3 8

Xtreme Member
    SPDs:
    166Mhz - 2.5 3 3 7
    200Mhz - 3 3 3 8
    that is odd,

I was thinking that was the reason why something stops me booting at a CAS other then in the SPD, yet when set in Memtest or Windows a lower value(cas2.5) is very stable.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so basically I, put connect the vid5 to vss to give me 1.72 v
    You have to also set it your bios the vcore to 1.196V

Mr Fantasic
    Quote Originally Posted by wwwww
    You have to also set it your bios the vcore to 1.196V
    I knew id forgot sumat
    thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I knew id forgot sumat
    thanks
    You're welcome.

Having another mess with some 'new' kit... Picked up a P4P800 to replace the P4P800-VM with... Flashed it to the -SE beta BIOS (which has multi, vcore and FSB adjustment) and still seem to be stuck around the same old wall (now ~ 175MHz FSB)... Seems to only want to offer a 1:1 RAM:FSB ratio @ 200MHz or more. Really NOT suspecting my *dothan* celery at the moment because I'm currently priming a *banias* celeron 1.2Ghz @ 2.1Ghz (12 x 175)... Though this banias celery is volt (wire) modded on the chip not the adapter pins so I might be trying that out on my dothan celery soon... May also try swapping out my samsung PC3200 for my crucial PC3200 as I'm having to run the samsung @ 3-4-4-10 with all the mobo's mem acceleration turned off to keep it stable @ ~ 220MHz and the Crucial is a little bit better (though I guess what I really need is a DDR booster...)

Xtreme Member
    Spajky

Just some information for you that might help.

I did a quick test to check what Voltage feeds the CT-479 uses.

It needs both -ve and +12v & +5v to function.

Lightbulb

Spajky
    It needs both -ve and +12v & +5v to function.
    Thanks, I could imagine that; but if you look closely around left upper corner of the adapter, there are a lot of components "missing" (by the way, 2 small MosFets), could be that that was primerly ment to directly feed Cpu Vcore, or, the adapter is already prepaired for next version, supporting dual core CPUs! Who knows ..

Not sure this is the best thread for it but as it's FSB related I thought I'd post it here...

Strange things happening yesterday. My Banias (Pentium M) that lives in my HTPC (in my AOpen 855 board) was overheating a bit after 14 solid days of DVD --> XviD... The chip seemed OK but it was heating up the case a bit and the fans were ramping up... And obviously noise is a big for my HTPC...

So I thought - sod it - I'm going to replace the existing hack mounted passive heatsink with something that bolts to the mobo and has a fan on... Enter Swifty MCX4000 and some scary mounting (99% certain I've rounded the edges of the core as I couldn't use the stand offs because they were too high). I got much better temps (even with the fan only at 5V) but also better overclocks... Max before was 180 x 10... Can now get to 187 x 10 stable (* haven't fully prime tested it yet) and if I drop down to a 9x multi I can actually get the FSB up to 200MHz whereas before it was 180MHz max even with a 6x multi... Don't get me wrong as soon as load is applied to the CPU it bombs @ 200MHz but this is with bog standard PC3200 CL3-4-4-8 (Edit - actually default is 3-3-3-8) that (because of the 855 board) can only run @ CL2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.6V... So maybe that's the problem here and not the CPU or mobo? Am tempted to try a better cooler on the NB too - see if that helps
    Last edited by malfunction!; 08-18-2005 at 09:09 PM. Reason: correct default RAM timings

Quote Originally Posted by malfunction!
    Not sure this is the best thread for it but as it's FSB related I thought I'd post it here...

Strange things happening yesterday. My Banias (Pentium M) that lives in my HTPC (in my AOpen 855 board) was overheating a bit after 14 solid days of DVD --> XviD... The chip seemed OK but it was heating up the case a bit and the fans were ramping up... And obviously noise is a big for my HTPC...

So I thought - sod it - I'm going to replace the existing hack mounted passive heatsink with something that bolts to the mobo and has a fan on... Enter Swifty MCX4000 and some scary mounting (99% certain I've rounded the edges of the core as I couldn't use the stand offs because they were too high). I got much better temps (even with the fan only at 5V) but also better overclocks... Max before was 180 x 10... Can now get to 187 x 10 stable (* haven't fully prime tested it yet) and if I drop down to a 9x multi I can actually get the FSB up to 200MHz whereas before it was 180MHz max even with a 6x multi... Don't get me wrong as soon as load is applied to the CPU it bombs @ 200MHz but this is with bog standard PC3200 CL3-4-4-8 that (because of the 855 board) can only run @ CL2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.6V... So maybe that's the problem here and not the CPU or mobo? Am tempted to try a better cooler on the NB too - see if that helps
    What temps are you having now at 187x10?

I really think these C-M/P-M benefit more from low temperatures than high voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Portugal
    What temps are you having now at 187x10?

I really think these C-M/P-M benefit more from low temperatures than high voltage.
    Case temp (mobo sensor) = 34
    Idle CPU = 36
    Load CPU = 44

Case temp is pretty static if just the CPU is being loaded but it would go higher than that if I was XviD encoding all day again as it would be thrashing the HDD as well as the CPU.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast