Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATI AMR, and DFI Radeon Xpress X200 Board in action... 10,600 in 3dmark2005

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am
    will existing pci-e x800xt work? or just the x850?
    It will..

Xtreme Member
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=64271
    looks like dfi nf4 ultra should be able to run crossfire! so you guys with your ultra's settle down and cross your fingers that everything goes ok, hell only working mobo i have at the moment is a kt333!!!!
    "each driver release plays whack-a-mole with a few more annoyances" -inq

XS News
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Rabbit
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=64271
    looks like dfi nf4 ultra should be able to run crossfire! so you guys with your ultra's settle down and cross your fingers that everything goes ok, hell only working mobo i have at the moment is a kt333!!!!
    OMG i hope they support x700pro's soo bad now
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 300x10________15" Macbook Pro
    2x 512mb Mushkin DDR _______________2x 1Gb DDR2
    Sapphire X850XT____________________X1600M
    DFI Ultra-D_________________________2.16Ghz Merom C2D
    Lian-Li PC7A________________________OS X/XP
    PCP&C 610w Silencer

Xtreme Member
    whats with there being no benefit from crossfore in Doom3??! i would figure it would give 80% better fps in most every game..
    well the best part about this being a driver "sli" is that ati can constanly be tuning it for better performance, so i dont think it would be to improbably to see a 90% fps increase

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Rabbit
    whats with there being no benefit from crossfore in Doom3??! i would figure it would give 80% better fps in most every game..
    well the best part about this being a driver "sli" is that ati can constanly be tuning it for better performance, so i dont think it would be to improbably to see a 90% fps increase
    the limitation to 16x pci-e it splits the lanes going to both cards, so each card isnt running at 16x but 8x

c[_]
    whats that got to do with what he was asking 13oost?

Not sure which (p)review I was reading but there was definately a boost to Doom 3's scores in it. Maybe the one you're reading is incorrect or was done in a fashion that would limit SLI (by CPU power most likely, where FSAA shows "for free" etc).

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    The thing about there being no gain in doom3 was where they were using 2 slave cards and only every other frame was being displayed. on 3dmark it didnt seem to care and gave huge numbers but I guess you need a master card to composite stuff back together for real gains in doom3.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous
    Believe me I know this feeling all too well. Getting a little discouraged with all this newer, better stuff coming out as soon as I buy other things. Getting to be a bit impossible to keep up with other monetary priorities in life. I'm far from rich. I guess I will just have to settle with my Ultra-D for a while longer and just upgrade to a SD or FX and R520 in the winter.
    every week i think, "should i upgrade to 939", then i think, "well socket m2 is coming out next year so ill wait till then".

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    a year is like 10 years in overclockers years.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak
    a year is like 10 years in overclockers years.
    no joke, i've been with out a overclocking rig in like 7oc years

i like that fact that dfi has the cars spaced out a lot
    and i can't wait for this to come out

Xtreme Addict
    Hmmmm.........with these wider spaced cards it should be easy to water cool them both.

Nice!

sorry for the rather stupid question but when overclocking in SLI/crossfire do both cards have to be the same clocks or are they overclocked seperately? just thought id ask because i love my x850 lol

Xtreme Member
    i read over at anand that the clocks are actually controlled by the master card, though they said it isn't required that they have the same clock, they're just controlled for smoothness, i bet a driver tweak will allow overclocking if the methods we have now dont work

Xtreme Member
    SLI is limited by the speed of the slower card, however, AFR seems to be different. As long as the cards have the same ammount of RAM and are of the same "class" they can be used together, so I guess the way it splits stuff up, it just gives more work to the faster/higher model number/more overclocked card.

cheers guys, not looking forward to replacing my ultra-d though, i might have to keep it and frame it as my favorite board ever lol fingers crossed they clock seperately

although seeing as they'll both be waterchilled i suppose i shouldnt worry to much about if one clocks lower than the other, cant wait to get these chilled (hell im looking forward to sticking my single card under chilled water let alone two, i suppose id better buy myself a new soldering iron)

**Click here for chilly water goodness ** i wants fattys babys tbh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123