Thread: REVIEW: OCZ Platinum PC5000 DFI nF4 Special

Xtreme Member

REVIEW: OCZ Platinum PC5000 DFI nF4 Special

Yup. My review of it is up. It features TCC5 chips and proves that TCC5 is still good quality stuff.

http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?p...atinumpc5000_1

Sadly it's pretty much maxed out of the box
    i dont have a computer....

Heatware 119-0-0

XS News
    Nice review. Since they do better with 3 volts do you think these sticks would benefit from any type of burn in? I'm asking as I have these sticks.
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice review :thumbsup: I have been waiting to see how these things do.

Xtreme Member
    thanks. i've never seen tccd/tcc5 benefit from burn-ins. the ones i have 6 months ago still perform the same.

Heatware 119-0-0

Xtreme X.I.P.
    You ask question about stability tests... In my opinion it's simple. Let's think about it for a sec.

Pick the most rigorous test you can think of that hammers CPU/MEM in Windows enviroment. That would be Prime95, OCCT or "Memtest for Windows" (Memory testing). Then I would think that all those tests should pass with flying colors at stock speeds, say 6hrs of torture. You OC it to the point where all those tests still pass as well as at stock. If you push it further and they do not pass, then this is where full-stability ends and on-the-edge "benchmark-stabilty" starts to show.

I would love to see that review with "Memtest for Windows" or "Prime95" or "OCCT" being run at 313MHz 8-4-4-3. Or at that 290MHz 7-3-3-2.5... Would you think PC5000 will pass the latter?

Nice review, regardless. Good job!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    another nice review john, congrats

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    You ask question about stability tests... In my opinion it's simple. Let's think about it for a sec.

Pick the most rigorous test you can think of that hammers CPU/MEM in Windows enviroment. That would be Prime95, OCCT or "Memtest for Windows" (Memory testing). Then I would think that all those tests should pass with flying colors at stock speeds, say 6hrs of torture. You OC it to the point where all those tests still pass as well as at stock. If you push it further and they do not pass, then this is where full-stability ends and on-the-edge "benchmark-stabilty" starts to show.

I would love to see that review with "Memtest for Windows" or "Prime95" or "OCCT" being run at 313MHz 8-4-4-3. Or at that 290MHz 7-3-3-2.5... Would you think PC5000 will pass the latter?

Nice review, regardless. Good job!
    actually yeah it does pass memtest in windows and super pi 32m. i didnt take a screenie since i only provide factual stable results.

Heatware 119-0-0

Xtreme X.I.P.
    michal, john is very serious about stability, he always extensively tests stability, if he says a certain speed is stable he really tested it thoroughly

john, you should post those intense stabilit test results though, you should show all the hard work you put into those reviews and not hide it!

Xtreme Member
    haha. i hate taking screenies and stuff. takes extra time and i get lazy

Heatware 119-0-0

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by poiuy223
    haha. i hate taking screenies and stuff. takes extra time and i get lazy
    I know, I know... But it would be nice if reviewers finally started to show how stable are OCs they achieved when claiming "max". Memtest do not apply here as we all know, that very often it doesn't mean squat for "Windows stability" - as you also pointed that out

Anyway, I just wanted to take an advantage of the opportunity to talk to one of the reviewers. You do not have to mind me

Good to see that TCC5 is doing good :thumbsup:
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 05-24-2005 at 03:05 PM.

Xtreme Member
    no problem. i will make sure that all future reviews show a picture proof of windows memtest 200% stable and a pass in super pi 32mb

Heatware 119-0-0

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by poiuy223
    no problem. i will make sure that all future reviews show a picture proof of windows memtest 200% stable and a pass in super pi 32mb
    Awesome! Just awesome :thumbsup:

Xtreme Member
    With DRAM prices at an ultimate low like Bush's IQ...
    Nice review AND political commentary.
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    1 GB of OCZ PC3700EL Platinum TCCD
    AMD 3500+ Clawhammer (XP-120)
    eVGA 6200 -> 6600 softmod

Xtreme Member
    heh. i like to entertain to get my point across

Heatware 119-0-0