Thread: Well 3.0E and OCZ PC3700EB 1:1 stuck.

Xtreme Member

Well 3.0E and OCZ PC3700EB 1:1 stuck.

Well heres my situation. I can run 270FSB with my 3.0E at 5:4, but when I goto 1:1, it will boot at cas3 but fails quickly on Prime95 Torture Test. I have tried running as much as 3.1volts to the memory and still no go?? What I'm wondering is how much voltage I can Safely run thru my 2x512 OCZ pc3700EB? I've seen posts of 3.6volts, but am scared to do that high without some advice first. I am on air, but just bought a Memory cooler( http://reviews.pimprig.com/cooling/i...cooler-pic.jpg ) and the memory is cool to the touch. Any suggestions, I'd kinda want to run at 1:1 if possible as this seems to give me best benchmarks. What do you all think I should play around with first?

Thanks in advance,
    Tom
    Last edited by sierra248; 05-24-2005 at 04:31 AM.

Love and Peace!
    you say cas3, but what are the other timings? is it 3-2-2? i'd try 3-2-3
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hey, this thread doesnt really belong in the xtreme overclocking section wich is for xtreme overclocking topics only, i moved your thread to the xtreme bandwidth section wich is for all memory related topics.
    please post in the acccurate section the next time.

and yeah, please post some more details

Xtreme Member
    Man do i keep u mods busy, sorry bout all the off posts. Well right now I am prime95 stable @ 268FSB @ 1.445Volts with 3:2 divider, so obviosly its not the chip. What i really need to know is how much voltage i can run thru these pc3700eb's without damage. I want to run 1:1 at say 265FSB with the fastest timings possible, but the memory is killing Prime95 at those speeds, even @3.1volts. Can't figure it out, will post some screens later.

XS News
    As far as I know most EB like some voltage. Try upping the voltage some more but dont go too crazy. Also make sure you have a fan on the memory to cool it off. EB gets hot.
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra248
    I want to run 1:1 at say 265FSB with the fastest timings possible
    again, what are the timings you are using now?

Xtreme Member
    I'll tell u what, the memory is cool to the touch. I am using Super Talents Memory Cooler and it seems to work good. gonna try 3.3V and see what happens. I am stable @ 268FSB right now at 1.47V. @ 3:2. Gonna let her go awhile, then crank up my 3.3 rail to 3.5 and see if i can get 3.3V to the memory and see what happens.

Xtreme Member
    I'm running at 3:2 right now just to see what i can reach stable. but timings right now are 3-3-2-8. There are 2 othe timings one with infinity and like 64t, other is same like 64t 15t and such, what should i set them at?

Love and Peace!
    3-2-3-8 might fix your problem then
    either way, ram is all about tweaking. just push forward until you regain that stability. it helps to make small steps in speed though

Xtreme Member
    Well I got her stable at 1:1 @250FSB and 3-4-4-8 timings @ 2.91Volts. Getting there, just doesn't seem to want to run tight timings at all. @ 250FSB I would hope to be able to run cas 2.5-3-3-8 or maybe a little better. I tried up to 3.3V to memory, still no good. I guess I may have to run 5:4 at 270FSB and see if that is best option.

XS News
    Sierra Bigtoe has said that on the 3700eb cas of 3 is actually better than 2.5. Really no difference in speed but much better in terms of stability
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Xtreme Member
    lol, i just pmed him 2 seconds ago, thanks for the info. I'm now working on raising the FSB a little at a time still at 3-4-4-8 till she wont finish prime95. Figure with the timings as slow as they can be now, ill work on fsb till i reach prime95 crash point and then back her off a bit and then play with the timing, see if i can get 3-3-3-8 or maybe a 2 in there somewhere, just by playing with the voltage.

Xtreme Member
    Well these sticks will not run stable past 250FSB, kinda sucks as i paid 360.00 bucks for these sticks. Gonna play around with the timings @ 250 and see what i can do. Anyone have any suggestions?

This is what i have set in the bios:
    Configuration System Frequency/Voltage

AI Overclock Tuner @Manual
    CPU External Frequency @230
    DRAM Frequency @400 Mhz
    AGP/PCI Frequency @66.66/33.33
    CPU Core Voltage @1.4000Volts
    DDR Reference Voltage @ 3.1Volts on MM
    AGP VDDQ @1.60V
    Performance Mode @ Auto, Turbo is off

CPU INFO

CPUID Maximum Value Limit @Disabled