Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New OCZ 3200 EL Plat Rev2 = TCC5?

Quote Originally Posted by tjj
    I'd really like to see a look on someone's face, who has been saving a long time for some high-quality RAM and in the end, it turns out that it was all for nothin. Imagine yourself in our skin, how would you feel about it? 260 DDR520 is the MAX i can get out of this RAM on a DFI nF4, no matter what. I could've bought UTT, for half the price! Why should OCZ, by fooling customers, get their money THIS easy? 'Don't whine' u say, yeah.. From the other side it always seems 'no big deal'..
    I've spent around 240 EUR for a bunch of OCZ's TCC5 crap.. The performance (+oc potential) for this money is just HILARIOUS!
    Another dissatisfied user here. My Venice can do 9x300 or 10x270 all day long but my rev2's won't go above 260 even at 2.5-4-4-10 timings. And its memtest stable up to ddr600 at these same timings so memtest doesn't mean . Worst part is that I bought these when the price was still $280 USD so now if I really want TCCD I have to sell these at a huge loss and hope to find some that have real TCCD...

The point is that OCZ changed the chips in their product line, so they should have changed the name of the product line. Call it rev3 or something. While there may be some tcc5 out there that does 300 no sweat, most of us are seeing problems getting past 265. I just feel a little betrayed by OCZ...I understnd they have no legal obligation to tell me what the chips are and since mine do 2-2-2-5 at 200 than i guess i can't complain....but come on everyone knows why these dimms were so hot when they first came out....I simply would not have purchased these if I knew they were not TCCD...plain and simple.

SSD faster than your HDD
    @Blackdragon24
    When did you purchase your modules?
    What board are you running? and What bios?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ
    @Blackdragon24
    When did you purchase your modules?
    What board are you running? and What bios?

Thanks
    @RyderOCZ,

My memory was purchased from Newegg.com for ~$285 in early or mid-march I believe...the invoice is at home (I'm at work) so I'm not sure of the exact date.

I'm running a DFI-SLI-DR with Venice 3200+ on the 510-3 beta bios. I have also tried 310. 414-3. 510-3 lets me run the fastest on my cpu so far so thats why I stuck with it, haven't noticed any changes with memory with the different bioses.

I have tried pretty much every timing I can think of....been using this forum, OCZ forums, and DFi-street forums as reference for good timings.

Also, I dunno if its any help, but my pcb is a brainpower 808 and it says rev 1.1 on the opposite end. I'm pretty much willing to try anything at this point so if you have any suggestions I am all ears!
    ASUS P6X58D Premium BIOS 0703
    Core i7 920 D0 3849A916 cooled by TRUE120 push/pull
    21x200 4.2GHz 1.272v 1.2625 QPI
    Corsair Dominator 1600C7 6GB @ 6-7-6-18-60 1T 1.50v
    MSI Radeon HD 5970 950/1150 1.225v Cat 10.3
    Intel 160GB G2 / WD 640GB Black
    Silverstone DA1000 Modular PSU
    Lian-Li PC-A70B w/ Scythe S-FlexF Fans
    Pioneer DVR 2910 DVD-RW
    HP LP2465 24" S-PVA LCD
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

SSD faster than your HDD
    Have you tried the DRAM Drive Strength at Auto, Level 5,6, or 8?
    The DATA Drive Strength at Auto or Level 2?
    Twr at 3
    Trrd at 3
    Max Async at 8ns or Auto
    Read Preamble at 5ns or Auto

Thanks

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24
    The point is that OCZ changed the chips in their product line, so they should have changed the name of the product line. Call it rev3 or something.
    Agreed
    NZXT Tempest | Corsair 1000W
    Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    Intel i7 2500K Corsair H100
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (700 / 1400 / 1731 / 950mv)
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Kingston HyperX PC3-10700 (4x4096MB)(9-9-9-28 @ 1600mhz @ 1.5v)

Heatware: 13-0-0

Have you tried the DRAM Drive Strength at Auto, Level 5,6, or 8?
    The DATA Drive Strength at Auto or Level 2?
    Twr at 3
    Trrd at 3
    Max Async at 8ns or Auto
    Read Preamble at 5ns or Auto

Thanks
    The only thing I haven't tried on that list is DRAM drive strength = 6...I guess its worth a shot.

How about you post (or PM me) timings on the nforce4 board that you would think would be no problem for TCCD at 275htt and 1T. I don't really care about bandwidth yet I can tweak that later with individual timings. I would just like to see some settings that will allow me to complete 1 run each of a 1M and 32M superpi calculation.

Thanks for the time Ryder.
    Pioneer DVR 2910 DVD-RW
    HP LP2465 24" S-PVA LCD
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Xtreme Member
    @RyderOCZ

A little off-topic but I was wondering if one stick is faulty OCZ will pair a new one to the other good stick or send a completely new pair of sticks. I would like to see my good stick come back home (preferentially with a good clocker buddy)

Now on-topic, when do OCZ started to ship Plat Rev2 with TCC5? I've bought mine in the end of February in a hurry to get TCCD once I heard of its end.

Thanks in advance.

SSD faster than your HDD
    Amrgb,

We do not reship RMA'd modules so you would get a completely new pair.

I do not know when TCC5 modules started shipping, the support staff are all aware of this thread and the other down in OCZ support. When I or any of us have answers....they will be posted

Thank You

SSD faster than your HDD
    BlackDragon24

I will get those to you ASAP but it will probably be approx 4-5 hours....I won't be home to review my notes until then.

Thanks for your patience

BlackDragon24

I will get those to you ASAP but it will probably be approx 4-5 hours....I won't be home to review my notes until then.

Thanks for your patience
    Hehe no prob man I'm at work anyways so it won't do me any good until about 5pm pst anyways....thanks for trying to help me work this out.

could u just PM or e-mail me with the info so I can turn off my e-mail notification for this thread? I also have the same ID over at dfi-street too.
    Pioneer DVR 2910 DVD-RW
    HP LP2465 24" S-PVA LCD
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Kinda dont see how people can slate OCZ like this. Ok fair point, an announcement of a chip change may have been a worthwhile idea.
    BUT you're buying 3200 mem rated to 2,2,2,x OCZ (and well within their rights imo) are going to use the cheapest chips they can on this memory. IF you want 250, 270, 290 fsb at whatever timings, you buy memory to suit.
    Ok OCZ should have made it public the chips had changed, theres no need to slag them off because of it...
    .:. X2 @ 2.9 .:. E6600 L628 @ 4.73 .:. AB9 @ 512 FSB .:. E6300 @ 100% OC Stable

U.K. overclockers: Represent your country, bench for EP-UK! Unite and show the world there IS a U.K. scene!

Xtreme Member
    We do not reship RMA'd modules so you would get a completely new pair.
    Oh no That was what I feared. Now the probability of getting worse sticks than the ones I've sent to OCZ increased. The good stick was very good an even the faulty one could do 275 2.5-3-3-8. Only if I knew this all story before sending them to RMA...

I do not know when TCC5 modules started shipping, the support staff are all aware of this thread and the other down in OCZ support. When I or any of us have answers....they will be posted

Thank You
    I look forward to hear from you soon. That's because of this kind of support that I've choosed OCZ products (I also have a PS520). Why have OCZ done such a bad thing? Wasn't it just easier to change the name from Rev2 to Rev3?

Just one more thing? Is it possible to change my plat rev2 for another OCZ product and pay the difference (and possibly a bit more than that)? I really want good TCCD.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland3r
    ...BUT you're buying 3200 mem rated to 2,2,2,x OCZ (and well within their rights imo) are going to use the cheapest chips they can on this memory...
    The problem is that nowadays the enthusiast community doesn't buy the memory model, we buy the chips it uses. Why are many people buying XYZ, almost unknow branded memory: because it uses VX, BH5, TCCD, etc chips.

If problems like this one become common, buyers will start to choose products from companies who garantee the chip used in its products. Until now we have relied that the company will not change the chips. I will not rely on something that is not officially stated anymore.

But a fact is that OCZ and other companies took profits of selling 2-2-2-5@200 rated memories because it was known that they will do a lot more than that. That was why I paid almost the double than BH5 or VX would cost me, although they alo do 2-2-2-5@200.

It is simply not fair to change the product specification without warning, even if the officially advertised features have remained unchanged. After all OCZ took profit of non-officially advertised features.

In the end we may conclude that TCC5=TCCD (which I doubt), but this all story stinks.

IT Engineer in the making
    Quote Originally Posted by amrgb
    The problem is that nowadays the enthusiast community doesn't buy the memory model, we buy the chips it uses. Why are many people buying XYZ, almost unknow branded memory: because it uses VX, BH5, TCCD, etc chips.

If problems like this one become common, buyers will start to choose products from companies who garantee the chip used in its products. Until now we have relied that the company will not change the chips. I will not rely on something that is not officially stated anymore.

But a fact is that OCZ and other companies took profits of selling 2-2-2-5@200 rated memories because it was known that they will do a lot more than that. That was why I paid almost the double than BH5 or VX would cost me, although they alo do 2-2-2-5@200.

It is simply not fair to change the product specification without warning, even if the officially advertised features have remained unchanged. After all OCZ took profit of non-officially advertised features.

In the end we may conclude that TCC5=TCCD (which I doubt), but this all story stinks.
    And now, who told you to pay that much for RAM that is "only" guaranteed for 200MHz 2-2-2-x ???

You got what you ordered and what you paid for and nothing else. And PC3200 RAM stays PC3200 RAM, even if you'd like it to perform like guaranteed PC4800 RAM.
    Com'on guys, are you even thinking bout what you are complaining here?

You paid for RAM that does 200MHz at timtings of 2-2-2-x and you even wrote in your text above that your RAM runs perfectly at these exact settings. So where is your problem? Why should OCZ even bother?

If they would've written TCCD all over the RAM and there were no TCCD chips on it, then you could complain. But what you are doing is just ridiculous. You are whining about your RAM and that it doesn't perform the way you would like it to, when it already runs 25% (250MHz as you stated) overclocked.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by amrgb
    That's not what I can infer from the andyOCZ words
    he didn't mention Pc5000. I was told that both tccd and tcc5 are both now qulaifying for the top end sticks ie: pc5000, by the top couple of people at OCZ for what it is worth. The fact is that when a new module comes out at a lower speed grade and overclocks very high, they usually subsequently issue
    higher model #'s and start binning. So the original pc3200 samsung sticks will most likely clock much higher than the later ones. Since they first came out they have 3700, 4200, 4800 and now 5000. Each model speed grade means less likely by percetage, the chances of getting a lower model that will clock as high as you want. So you have to expect some binning to occur, otherwise why pay more for pc5000 than pc3200?
    Last edited by xgman; 05-23-2005 at 09:36 AM.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celemine1Gig
    And now, who told you to pay that much for RAM that is "only" guaranteed for 200MHz 2-2-2-x ???

You got what you ordered and what you paid for and nothing else. And PC3200 RAM stays PC3200 RAM, even if you'd like it to perform like guaranteed PC4800 RAM.
    Com'on guys, are you even thinking bout what you are complaining here?

You paid for RAM that does 200MHz at timtings of 2-2-2-x and you even wrote in your text above that your RAM runs perfectly at these exact settings. So where is your problem? Why should OCZ even bother?

If they would've written TCCD all over the RAM and there were no TCCD chips on it, then you could complain. But what you are doing is just ridiculous. You are whining about your RAM and that it doesn't perform the way you would like it to, when it already runs 25% (250MHz as you stated) overclocked.
    - Edited by conrad.maranan

Just listen to yourself. Are you serious? I'm about to puke..
    Last edited by tjj; 05-23-2005 at 09:37 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    huh what i did ?
    ASUS P5K-E // E8400 Q746A519
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    LC 550W GP// XPERTVISION 9600GT

Xtreme Addict
    This thread is just ridiculus , We use TCC5 and TCCD dependant on whats readily avaible on the market , we have been using them for months.

I posted that we use them here on XS months ago also

TCC5 overclocks the same as TCCD , there is no diference in perfomance

If you think there is a diference then go check out the DDR 1 @ 750 Mhz screenies I did with TCC5

Now as far as PC-3200 2-2-2 , I hate to inform everyone here , we only test it for a certian amount of overhead , not every unit will overclock like a banshe

now with that said , Please stop posting threads that crap on OCZ , We are here doing our all to help out end users , so what do we get in exchange for our hard work ? threads with titles Like " OCZ = bad overclock"

Maybe people would prefer that we start acting like many of competitors ? It sure would save OCZ a lot of time and headaches
    Last edited by ryanpgroovy; 05-23-2005 at 10:04 AM.
    OCZ employee and proud of it.
    If you have actually personaly experienced a problem with a OCZ product that was not solved quickly by our wonderful support staff I would like to know. Feel free to PM
    Thanks

I am overclocked!

"Posted on Mar 30, 2005 at 1:35 AM by StormGod
    In soviet Russia memory overvolts you! "

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celemine1Gig
    Why should OCZ even bother?
    I hope that OCZ doesn't think like you do.

Come on, stop being the devil's lawyer. I haven't seen that kind of arguments from OCZ reps. And you should know that PC4800 TCCD does not mean that it's better than PC3200 2-2-2-5 TCCD. Only good TCCD can do tight timings. High clocks is relatively easy. I had a faulty stick capable of 275 2.5-3-3-6 and not 2-2-2-5. The good stick was capable of both 2-2-2-5@ 200 and 2.5-3-3-6@290's and 2.5-4-3-8@310's. That is why the 3200 Plat rev2's were more expensive than OCZ PC4800 sticks in some places (for exemple at my local reseller).

What do you guys want? That we shut our mouth up for the next costumer to buy TCC5 for TCCD? One week ago almost anyone know this fact. Now, at least XS, DFI-Street and Bleedinedge forum readers know what they will get for their money.

Xtreme Member
    I'm personally happy with my TCC5, i know i'll get flamed for not having a SuperPI 32MB in this pic, but thats fine, i'll post one later today, I got these sticks on monday, so they are definetly of the most recent batch, but theres no way im removing heatspreaders, because OCZ warranty is the best thing since sliced bread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300x9sandraeverest.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	31013  
    Team Rufio

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpgroovy
    Maybe people would prefer that we start acting like many of competitors ? It sure would save OCZ a lot of time and headaches
    No, do what for example GSkill do. Show what IC's we are paying for. Plain and simple.

If GSkill sticks don't burn without heatspreaders, I don't think OCZ ones will burn.

Xtreme Addict
    I personaly posted that we use tcc5 interchangably , months ago
    Also people on other forums posted we use tcc5 , its no secret and never was
    Our support staff would inform anyone who asked.

tcc5 do overclock as well as tccd , did you ever consider the problem might not even be the memory ?

http://www.ocztechnology.com/images/...leSC.jpg<br />
    Last edited by ryanpgroovy; 05-23-2005 at 10:03 AM.
    If you have actually personaly experienced a problem with a OCZ product that was not solved quickly by our wonderful support staff I would like to know. Feel free to PM
    Thanks

I am overclocked!

c[_]
    what a bad example of a thread...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    TCC5 clocks the same as TCCD?!

My 1GB DC sticks ONLY, i repeat, ONLY do DDR520 @ 2.5-3-3-7
    The other guy, who posted earlier in this thread with a 266MHz OC, also couldn't break the barrier. I've PMed AndyOCZ some time ago, he said OCZ was using TCCD ICs on this RAM series AND that in general, it should do DDR560 (280MHz) on a DFI nF4. I pop these in my board, *shabang* - and that's ALL what i get. Talk about 'one of our best products'..
    This is a good example, that TCC5 DOES NOT, by any means, clock as high, as TCCD.
    STOP FOOLING US! Come on, just face the facts. You've cheated your customers on this. You could've ATLEAST relabled this series or officialy announce such a significant change on OCZ's technology main site.
    Last edited by tjj; 05-23-2005 at 10:18 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    TJJ ,

Maybe your problem is the cpu memory controller ? I mean dont get me wrong we are here to help you , but the problem is not becuase it is tcc5 vs tccd .

You might even have a bad stick , becuase in general it should do over 560 on the DFI
    and we will glady help you with that and I mean glady, however the fact is tcc5 and tccd are indistiguishable

Its not like people who have tccd always imeadaitely overclock to 300Mhz or whatever , regardless of what you might have read on forums
    Thanks

I am overclocked!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast