Thread: Mushy Redline XP4000 - Non A64 Users "Only"

Banned

Mushy Redline XP4000 - Non A64 Users "Only"

This maybe a tough question since almost nobody uses low Vdimm voltages to overclock.

This is for Non-A64 Users. Anybody with Intel or AMD32bit users are allowed.

Please post your memory overclock result at the vdimm voltage of 2.6v or lower. Please include your system spec and overclocked settings.

thankx!!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am going to be a AMD 32-Bitt user with Redline's (pre-orderd), but I don't think I can get anywhere with 2,6Volt or less, because Winbond loves voltage... but that ain't new to you I think.

But when I have them I'll give it a try..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vassili
    I am going to be a AMD 32-Bitt user with Redline's (pre-orderd), but I don't think I can get anywhere with 2,6Volt or less, because Winbond loves voltage... but that ain't new to you I think.

But when I have them I'll give it a try..
    thanx!! =)

Xtreme Member
    UTT does not do well on AXP. At least from what Ive experienced.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    if you want to send me some, i'll stick em in my P4 2.6C rig and give you the results
    Intel C2D E6600 (L630B015)
    TT BigTyphoon || Zalman VF900 Fatal1ty
    Abit QuadGT
    2GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500
    HIS X1900XT --> XTX
    Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
    OCZ GameXStream 700w

HEAT --- eBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am with P4EE and this memory is very very bad on my PC , i try with OCZ DDRBooster , @ 3.4V i can do 210FSB @ 2 2 2 5 , for me is a big disappointment...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is not intended to be a thread crap (as I run some non A64 rigs, too) but guys...this ram is clearly not intended (a) to be used at low voltage and (b) it is optimized for A64s.

With that in mind, why would you even buy it? You should expect lousy results and in addition, have absolutely no reason for complaints when you get lousy results.

Unless it is going to be used in an A64 (NF3 or NF4) and given large amounts of voltage this ram is a poor choice.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Reefa , as i said , i use that memory @ 3.4V if this is not enough , respect! I agree obviously this memory is ONLY for AMD!

Banned
    i just wanted to hear what people get with low voltages on these mem sticks. doesn't mean that i was gonna use it at low voltage, but want to see what they can do. Generally the mem sticks will oc better with the A64... but want to see how they get along with the intel & amd 32bit systems.. All replies are welcome!! and appreciated.

and please feel free to post even if you get horrible results... 200mhz@ 2-2-2 is more than enough for me... even a 180mhz is fine... because my dothan system flies at that mem speed.
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 05-18-2005 at 06:16 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    With respect to the "respect" comment, maybe I didn't give a clear enough indication that I was not out to disrespect anybody, but mostly I was perplexed why anyone would consider this ram under the conditions outlined in the first post.

I don't have a ton of posts here, although I've got several thousand elsewhere, so I am not a total noob. There are simply other/more choices, TCCD for example, if you want to run 2.6v, but this ram is just not one of them. That is not my opinion, it is the seller's opinion.

If the seller (any seller) tells you that their product or part is not designed for your system, then why would you get it...(to prove them wrong, maybe?). That is what has me perplexed.

In hindsight, I should not have posted here at all.

When it comes down to it...it is your money and your choice...so have at it.
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 05-18-2005 at 08:58 PM. Reason: typo correction

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
    In hindsight, I should not have posted here at all.
    no, you have the right to post!! Freedom of speech, which is totally fine. thanks for the replies all.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
    This is not intended to be a thread crap (as I run some non A64 rigs, too) but guys...this ram is clearly not intended (a) to be used at low voltage and (b) it is optimized for A64s.
    How can they optimize memory for a one platform, it's just that the memorycontroller in the AMD64 is way better than a nForce2 one.
    With that in mind, why would you even buy it? You should expect lousy results and in addition, have absolutely no reason for complaints when you get lousy results.
    Soon or later I am going to upgrade to the AMD64 platform too, so why don't buy good memory now? And how said where going to complain, it's just like every overclock, hope that you have luck.
    Unless it is going to be used in an A64 (NF3 or NF4) and given large amounts of voltage this ram is a poor choice.
    NF2 + a lot of voltage = Winbond Chips, there are no better chips for the socket A platform, so even if we don't pass the 220MHz FSB, this is still the best ram....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Copied from Mushkin's Redline Product Page:

Recommended Platforms--- Mushkin tests all Redline memory modules on Athlon64 platforms. Furthermore, when running two modules, only Socket 939 platforms are validated to run at rated specifications/timings. We currently recommend and validate the Redline memory series on the DFI LanParty UT NForce4 Ultra-D, DFI LanParty UT NForce4 SLI-DR, and DFI LanParty NForce4 SLI-DR boards as they provide the best combination of voltage options and compatibility for the Redline Series. Other motherboards may work, but may require modification for adequate voltages, and may not produce optimal results. Single Channel Athlon64 systems may have a hard time running 2x512mb dimms at rated speeds due to memory load on the single channel memory controller. Pentium4 and AthlonXP systems generally will not obtain rated specifications secondary to motherboard/memory controller limitations. These modules are compatible with most motherboards for Pentium4/AthlonXP CPUs, however end users are advised that lower frequencies achieved. (End of quote)

Spend your money as you see fit. You each have your own performance objectives so if this ram pleases you...then I'm quite sure that Mushkin is happy to sell it to you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I send mine back to Mushkin , and just gonna say that those guys are great! I explain to them whats my problem and , they said that's cool. So respect Mushkin, even after it's my foult they gonna refund me!

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Quote Originally Posted by BobyTT
    I send mine back to Mushkin , and just gonna say that those guys are great! I explain to them whats my problem and , they said that's cool. So respect Mushkin, even after it's my foult they gonna refund me!
    I would suggest trying their PC4400... on my P5P800 it does 275+ at 2.5-3-3 with max runs of 290.

C

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hmmm , let me try to contact them and ask for replace with those... but , i have to tell you that i am building a new rig right now. With CT-479 Pentium M & Dothan 730 so i have no idea wich RAM is gonna be better....

Banned

I'm happy :)

Got the mushkin redline xp4000 512mb stick.

Put it on my dothan2.0 & aopen 855gme system.

At 2.5v i had to stay under 200mhz. Last i tried was 180mhz+ cas2-2-2 game stable. Not bad!.. quite reasonable..

Vmodded to 3.3v. 222mhz cas2-2-2 game stable. that's because im at 20x multi and air cooled. The performance also increased compare to my old bh-5@ 2x 256mb.

I'm happy!!!
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 05-21-2005 at 11:12 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobyTT
    I am with P4EE and this memory is very very bad on my PC , i try with OCZ DDRBooster , @ 3.4V i can do 210FSB @ 2 2 2 5 , for me is a big disappointment...
    that is such a bad result that I guess something is wrong with mem options.
    you must for example use refresh 15,6µs as 64µs won't work with utt on Intel boards.

Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez
    Got the mushkin redline xp4000 512mb stick.

Put it on my dothan2.0 & aopen 855gme system.

At 2.5v i had to stay under 200mhz. Last i tried was 180mhz+ cas2-2-2 game stable. Not bad!.. quite reasonable..

Vmodded to 3.3v. 222mhz cas2-2-2 game stable. that's because im at 20x multi and air cooled. The performance also increased compare to my old bh-5@ 2x 256mb.

I'm happy!!!
    They should be able to do that at 2.8v

Also, if you wanted that kind of clock why get Redline? Isn't that a waste of money when many other rams out there will do the same thing for less money? Heck even some Value Ram can do that.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    They should be able to do that at 2.8v

Also, if you wanted that kind of clock why get Redline? Isn't that a waste of money when many other rams out there will do the same thing for less money? Heck even some Value Ram can do that.
    that's because im lazy. I just run direct wire mod from ATX pin to the dimm slot pin on the backside of the board. That is why i'm running 3.3v. I'm sure the RAM would run at that clock at lower voltages than that.

I wanted get Redline because it starts off at higher standard, giving more room for future overclock may also be used in other systems that will use up more of mem clocks. Besides... I'll be jacking up the mem clock further on this dothan system later.. There is no reason for me to get lower grade RAM to just barely handle the speed I want right now. That gives me no headroom.
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 05-22-2005 at 08:26 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Are you running that thing at 222 with a 20 multi?

If my understanding is correct, then I can certainly understand why you are satisfied!

Banned
    the dothan system w/ aopen board has 1:1, 3:4, and 3:5 ratio. my fsb is @ 133 and mem@ 222 currently. sorry that i didnt' mention the detail..

but surely, would be nice to run 222 w/ 20multi at 1:1 i *might* put the dothan into phase change... but i like to keep it mobile and compact... so i stick w/ the air cool for now

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OK, thanks for the clarification.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    not a single screenshot??

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xsky
    that is such a bad result that I guess something is wrong with mem options.
    you must for example use refresh 15,6µs as 64µs won't work with utt on Intel boards.
    10X but i already send it back... its not work for me at that moment, may be later when i got FX57 i get one again ....