Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hip Hop

Sauga's Finest
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    and westsideplaya... im confused as well, hip hop and goth is something i didnt thing was possible to mix ^^
    Eminem and Marilyn Manson - The Way I Am

Plus, anything is possible in Ontario.

Sauga for life

Ebay Hater
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    Didnt say it was mine did I..... *wink*......also I said we "are" a nokia service center, my role might be something different....such as IT ?
    Haha - nice

Yes - goth and hip hop are indeed an interesting mix, even though it might be a satire. Hiphop was good in the RUN DMC days, now they all go on about "gangsta, being thugs, etc." I don't seem to be the only one who doesnt understand the appeal of being a thug or a pimp

I'll stick to AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and of course Metallica
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    theres still good hip hop today, its just burried deep under loads of comercial bs hip hop

Xtreme Mentor
    theres still good hip hop today, its just burried deep under loads of comercial bs hip hop
    i know some AWESOME hiphop, compared to the crap on tv its like night and day.

where they actually have good songs not just good lyrics, and the MC actually says meaningful things.

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blinky
    i know some AWESOME hiphop, compared to the crap on tv its like night and day.

where they actually have good songs not just good lyrics, and the MC actually says meaningful things.
    You mean like Organized Rhyme?

Xtreme Recruit
    Yeah I agree with this - there's alot of talent around there today who are much better than most of the pros yet they aren't recognised.
    AMD San Diego 3700+
    NF4 DFI Ultra-D
    OCZ VX 4000
    OCZ 600W PowerStream
    Astek WaterChill Dual-Rad

Ebay Hater
    I rember Grandmaster Flash had a good song White Lines.

That had some meaning to it, Candy Shop leaves me wondering what I want more, the car or the girl(s)
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Aint No Real Gangster
    first off, the whole westside thing is meant as a joke. because i pimp like that. lol.

secondly i am not gothic. i do not like marlyin manso, korn, cradle of filth or other like them. also i HATE the used.

i prefer bands like rise against, underoath, AC/DC, supertramp, greenday, billy talent, alexisonfire, the doors, the beatles, CCR, BTO, the animals, the cars, anti flag, fall out boy, metallica, zz top, meatloaf, NIN, velvet revolver, plus many many more (over 18gb's of rock, metal, and oldies)

i dont wear all black, i dont wear spikey . i pretty much always wear my black and white converse high tops, faded tight blue jeans, and band tee's.

im fairly against the lavish life styes that people lead wasting money on useless while others have great economic problems.

if your going to stereotype do it right LOL
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeStSiDePLaYa
    if your going to stereotype do it right LOL
    hehe

Xtreme Mentor
    methinks ill stick with good ole pink floyd, cant go wrong there.

Aint No Real Gangster
    oh yeah, just had to say, i did a new peircing horizontal, on my right eyebrow, dont mind the dirtyness, i havent had a shower.

Last edited by WeStSiDePLaYa; 10-04-2006 at 09:02 AM.
    Specs
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Xtreme Enthusiast
    uhm........cool?
    te only piercing I'll get is a wound when I get deployed....
    PII X6 1055T 14x272
    Gigabyte 890GX
    2x4 GB Gskill DDR3@4890
    XFX 7870

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    greenday is SO BAD.
    Level 80 UD Death Knight on Murmur (Beta)

Xtreme X.I.P.
    wow, you did an eyebrow piercing yourself? isnt that kinda gdangerous cause you can accidently hit a nerv bundle in your forehead wich results in half your face beeing numb for all your life?

Aint No Real Gangster
    wow, you did an eyebrow piercing yourself? isnt that kinda gdangerous cause you can accidently hit a nerv bundle in your forehead wich results in half your face beeing numb for all your life?
    urban myth, there are quite a few surrounding peircings. I do much research on peircings, I am considering doing it proffesionally part time as i goto school.

and greenday is great, you obvoiusly must be basing your opinion on greendays latest album american idiot. and not their OTHER SIX ALBUMS with the first being released FOURTEEN years ago in 1991. seems they are doing something right?
    Specs
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600

Audio Setup

Xtreme Recruit
    Eeek. Emo.

Ebay Hater
    Ah, don't like Greenday... Perhaps some of the music is ok, but the greenday attitude is not something I find preferable.

As in music, nice preference westside

I like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Mercenary, Hammerfall, DragonForce, Raunchy, Rammstein, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Waters/Gilmore/Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Mark Knofler, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eric Clapton, Bobby Dylan, Lynard Skynard, ZZ TOP, Queen, Johny Cash, Meatloaf, Simon and Garfunkel, Fatboy Slim, Moby, and a lot of stuff I cant recall from the top of my head.

I must say I generally despise Manson and fools like that, as its not really music. Real death metal has qualities (e.g. Slayer), but this new age wanabee death metal is lame, as I cannot find the meaning or hear the brilliant melodies in them. Speed metal is great party music Otherwise I listen to the stuff my father does to a large extent, I still have ZZ TOP velcro fly on VHS

Anyways, sorry for the mild stereotype WSP :blush:

Pretty close taste to yours WSP CCR has some great stuff, I have I think 6 cd's + 4 tapes

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliette
    Ah, don't like Greenday... Perhaps some of the music is ok, but the greenday attitude is not something I find preferable.

As in music, nice preference westside

I like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Mercenary, Hammerfall, DragonForce, Raunchy, Rammstein, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Waters/Gilmore/Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Mark Knofler, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eric Clapton, Bobby Dylan, Lynard Skynard, ZZ TOP, Queen, Johny Cash, Meatloaf, Simon and Garfunkel, Fatboy Slim, Moby, and a lot of stuff I cant recall from the top of my head.

I must say I generally despise Manson and fools like that, as its not really music. Real death metal has qualities (e.g. Slayer), but this new age wanabee death metal is lame, as I cannot find the meaning or hear the brilliant melodies in them. Speed metal is great party music Otherwise I listen to the stuff my father does to a large extent, I still have ZZ TOP velcro fly on VHS

Anyways, sorry for the mild stereotype WSP :blush:

Pretty close taste to yours WSP CCR has some great stuff, I have I think 6 cd's + 4 tapes
    I like your style, my 2nd favourite music is classic rock but I mostly listen to Heavy/Death/Black metal. I like all music that is a bit decent and not too commercial.

Oh its Lynyrd Skynyrd, if you like them you should listen to Johnny Van Zant Band, its the brother of the singer of Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Core i7-920 @ 3,8GHz 24/7 1,30v watercooled
    Gigabyte X58 UD5
    3x1GB G.Skill DDR3-1333
    MSI 7900GTO
    Corsair HX520W

Xtreme Member
    I like Westcoast and Dirty South Rap like Xzibit, N.W.A, Westside Connection, Three 6 Mafia, etc..

I also like Partyrap and Bass-driven Hiphop like Crooklyn Clan, Grandmaster Flash, Dougie E Fresh, Captain Rock, etc.

Hiphop, Gangsta rulez

Aint No Real Gangster
    i like technical songs with good lyrics, the music i listen to changes with moods, and they change often. i love a good guitar solo, like ccr-sweet home alabama, or the knacks-my sharona. and dont forget the ramones, the rock as well. im not into the death metal as much as i am metalxcore.
    Specs
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600

Audio Setup

Ebay Hater
    Quote Originally Posted by WeStSiDePLaYa
    i like technical songs with good lyrics, the music i listen to changes with moods, and they change often. i love a good guitar solo, like ccr-sweet home alabama, or the knacks-my sharona. and dont forget the ramones, the rock as well. im not into the death metal as much as i am metalxcore.
    I hate to say this but sweet home alabama isnt Creedence Clearwater Revival, its Lynard Skynard

Shame half the band of LS died in that plane crash, I saw concert footage from 1995, it just wasnt the same as Woodstock Oh, and the stage background was the confederate state flag and they all had this nice flag everywhere

Sauga's Finest
    Quote Originally Posted by GNU
    I like Westcoast and Dirty South Rap like Xzibit, N.W.A, Westside Connection, Three 6 Mafia, etc..

I also like Partyrap and Bass-driven Hiphop like Crooklyn Clan, Grandmaster Flash, Dougie E Fresh, Captain Rock, etc.

Hiphop, Gangsta rulez
    If only more people that felt the same way...

Ludacris, Notorious B.I.G., Dre, G-Unit, Lil Jon + Eastside Boys, Youngbloodz, Lil Flip, David Banner, Jadakiss, Lil Scrappy, Crime Mob, Bonecrusher, Busta Rhymes, The Game, Jay-Z, Wu-Tang Clan, Obie Trice, Royce Da 5'9", Shawnna, T.I., Stat Quo, Lil Wayne, Ying Yang Twins, etc.

DERRTY DERRTY

Sauga for life

Xtreme Mentor
    on my playlist:
    DJ Shadow, RJD2, DJ Krush, Prefuse 73, Amon Tobin, Pink Floyd

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by batti banter
    If only more people that felt the same way...

Ludacris, Notorious B.I.G., Dre, G-Unit, Lil Jon + Eastside Boys, Youngbloodz, Lil Flip, David Banner, Jadakiss, Lil Scrappy, Crime Mob, Bonecrusher, Busta Rhymes, The Game, Jay-Z, Wu-Tang Clan, Obie Trice, Royce Da 5'9", Shawnna, T.I., Stat Quo, Lil Wayne, Ying Yang Twins, etc.

DERRTY DERRTY
    Many Eastcoast rappers

Xtreme Member
    haha, cant really say anything about rap as thats not my thing, but i do know my metal, every one knows that Manson sold out years ago, he's pretty much admitted it himself, if you want to hear a some real death metal with rap mixed listen to One Bullet Left by Six Feet Under, id post it but im guessing that wouldn't be good
    "each driver release plays whack-a-mole with a few more annoyances" -inq

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast