Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Athlon64 Overclocking Optimizer

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I was bored tonight and made a little exe that does the same as Gogars optimizer
    I'm not sure if the math is 100% correct but the results seem to match pretty good.. It's a massive 3 kilobytes large, so even on modem it shouldn't take more than 1 second to download

Update!
    v0.2 fixes 2 bugs and adds some new features
    http://www.radeonx.com/dump/a64_oc_calculator_v0.2.zip

Last edited by snq; 03-03-2007 at 09:48 AM.

I am Xtreme
    hey this has helped me out TONS....

thanks guys!!!

Xtreme Member
    Does anyone have the math for the memory divider calculation? I used to have it, but lost it. I'm curious to know... If I missed it, sry.

Thanks!

*EDIT*
    Nevermind, after an hour of search, I finally got it.
    Last edited by g0dM@n; 01-16-2006 at 08:28 AM.
    ASUS Crosshair V *Water* | FX-8150 Enzotech Sapphire CPU block | 8GB Mushkin 2133 | 6970 2GB | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | SB X-Fi Elite Pro | Corsair 520W Modular | 3x 26" Asus VW266H Eyefinity 5760x1200 | DDC pump with petra top @ 18w, Thermochill HE 120.3 w/ 3x120x38mm Deltas 152cfm on controller |
    --------------------------------------------
    My Heatware (1000+ flawless)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snq
    I was bored tonight and made a little exe that does the same as Gogars optimizer
    I'm not sure if the math is 100% correct but the results seem to match pretty good.. It's a massive 3 kilobytes large, so even on modem it shouldn't take more than 1 second to download

Update!
    http://www.radeonx.com/a64_oc_calculator_v0.2.zip

Wow, nice work! i'll have to give it some close scrutiny though haha there's some bugs in the A64 that you should be careful of.. But anyways keep it up.. people have been hounding me for an executable version for a while.. nice to see someone step up and make one.. I'll let you know if i find any errors.

Registered to post about this. I noticed gogars site has been down for a few days (don't know exactly how long), and the program above does not have a valid link (that site is gone too). Any word on why or when they will be back up?

I found this tool to be one of the greatest finds I've ever had for overclocking, I don't think I would have hit 2.6 from 1.8 without your help on the math. I would hate to see it go down.

http://www.radeonx.com/a64_oc_calculator_v0.2.zip still not reachable

Maybe upload it to Rapidshare or somewhere? Would like to test it. Looks like a nice utility...

Xtreme Member
    anybody want to upload this to rapidshare or somewhere else? i would really like to try it out

thanks

~Fizz
    E6600-testing*Ultra120-E*2GB G.Skill HZ*2.5TB of HDD *MSI 8800GTS*P5N32-E*OCZ PSU 520W*
    [/URL]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Sorry, haven't checked the XS forums in a *long* time
    Here's a link in case anyone wants it, feel free to rehost it.

Thanks SNQ. Works great!

BUMP!!! thanks man!!It works wonderfull!! this should be a STICKY! Now im getting the best performance.
    MOBO=|DFI lanparty ULTRA-D|
    CPU=| AMD A64 X2 4400+| 2.7GHZ 270FSB
    HDD=| 160GB SATA II |
    memory=| 1gb DC PATRIOT XBLKPC4800|270->3-3-3-8
    VIDEO=|X800XL PCI-e |

New System
    MOBO=|DFI LANParty DK P35-T2RS|
    CPU=| QUAD Q6700|LAPPED 3.8Ghz 380x10 *Air
    Cooling=|TRUE-LAPPED|
    HDD=| Raptor 150X |
    memory=| G.SKILL(2 x 2GB) DDR2(PC2 8000)|
    VIDEO=|MSI8800GT|760/1800/2000

wrong thread
    Last edited by Husky42; 07-27-2007 at 10:22 AM.

what do these numbers mean and what should i change from looking at this table??

Quote Originally Posted by snq View Post

Update!
    Thank You, It's very nice.

Last edited by Friday~13rd; 08-10-2007 at 07:56 PM.

math.gogar.com is down for me at the moment. Anyone else still using this site had problems?

AMD FX-8350 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | G.Skill F3-1866C8D-16GTX | MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming 3GB
    OCAU

Xtreme Member
    tnx for doing the effort, i did this some times manually for my PC.

GOOD WORK !

Quote Originally Posted by Gogar View Post
    Hi everybody i've been reading these forums for a while now but i've never actually posted here so first of all: greetings to everyone

I've recently made a script that allows you to fill in your maximum cpu, memory and htt speed, and it will try to find the best combinations of multipliers and dividers to run everything as close as possible to their maximum speed.

I've improved it a lot over the last few days since i read about how the memory clock is derived from the cpu frequency, it should now work correctly with half multipliers and memory dividers!

Update: I've added Rev E memory dividers to the script, the memory divider table, and the OC Browser. Hope everything is correct.

Athlon64 Overclocking Optimizer

Instructions:

1) Finding Maximum Values
    First of all you should find out how far each component can overclock individually. You'll need to know your maximum HTT/FSB, CPU, RAM and optionally also the Hypertransport bus. People who don't know how to do this should have a read at this thread:
    http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...VIEWTMP=Linear

2) Fill Them In
    Once you know all the maximum speeds that your hardware can do you simply fill them in in the form called "Known Maximum Values" on the page and hit " GO! ".
    A table with HTT, multiplier and divider combinations should appear. The table is sorted according to how close the values are to your maximums, the best options should at the top.

3) Importance Weighting
    The table Importance Weighting is where you can de define how important it is to you that the specific component runs close to it's maximum. It will make the trade-offs based on those settings.
    Generally the importance weighting is fine on the default setting.

cpu 100 (cpu is king)
    ram 10 (also take the memory into consideration)
    ht 0 (not important)
    htt 0 (not important)

When a weight is set to 0 it will still favour the highest possible multi or divider, so for example it won't suggest to run your HT bus at 2x while it could run at 3x.

In most situations you shouldn't have to change the weights.

4) Important Notes

To get a large number of results to choose from, it is important that you enter a high HTT value. Please do actually test what it's maximum is, instead of just entering the HTT that you're currently using.

Some memory dividers aren't available on all motherboards, if a memory divider is suggested in the table that isn't available on your board, you will have to look further down in the table for combinations that do work with your motherboard.
    Another option could be to look for a hacked bios.

Use of my script or it's results is completely at your own risk.
    what do you think gives you the right to post this YOURS??? this calculator has been out for years , id watch my step if i were you before someone sues you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123