Thread: Wigan win promotion to the Premiership

Here to help

Talking Wigan win promotion to the Premiership

What a result we'll be playing against Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal And Chelsea next season

Not bad for a town with a population of 300,000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/4500843.stm

Regards

John.

Off to celebrate

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Member
    Although i live here in the states, this was great news to hear I've watched many of their games here on tv and they certainly are most deserving
    Do what you love, Love what you do.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    they earned it

Wandersome Cruncher
    ..........And the blues make the Champion's League

Congrats Wigan.....a great achievement!!!
    Visit The Boinc Bar Today

Boinc Boinc......The first 50 mil is the hardest!
    POEM U.K number one.....woot

Xtreme Recruit
    Well done Wigan. I even have a feeling they might stay in the Premiership this time come next year, you never know what could happen in football today.
    AMD San Diego 3700+
    NF4 DFI Ultra-D
    OCZ VX 4000
    OCZ 600W PowerStream
    Astek WaterChill Dual-Rad

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    Well done Wigan. I even have a feeling they might stay in the Premiership this time come next year, you never know what could happen in football today.
    get some money on it now, they'll give you some great odds although it does depend how much you believe they will stay up! i bet you could get 20/1 on it

but yeah well done wigan! just hope they dont end up doing a leeds utd

Opty 144 0546FPMW @ 2.8ghz
    MSI K8N Neo 2
    2 x 512mb OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 TCCD
    ATI X800 Pro @ 570/1200
    Plus some other metal fings...
    Will do me till Conroe
    Heat

Here to help
    Time to resurrect this thread

Look at where they are now............Little Wigan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...le/default.stm

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

It is
    It's a fairytale, i remember back when i saw them in third Division.
    ~Opinion about Dogs~~~~~~~Hug~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~

XS Mad Scientist
    well I'm not into football at all, but I always dig the underdogs, the little guys, and I love it for my XS buds

cheers,

Here to help
    Agreed Angra, on the under dogs. And just waiting for this TV pundit to come to our little town:

"Sky TV commentator Rodney Marsh has gone so far as to bet £100 that Wigan will only win seven games this season. He has, however, promised that if he is wrong, he will place himself in stocks in Wigan town centre and have the fans pelt him with tomatoes."

Well we already won 7

Regards

John.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Its weird seeing soccer called football. But I love soccer and I play it for my high school even if we only won 1 game. (thats real we only won 1 game)
    Quote Originally Posted by IYP
    impecible reasoning....the jedi mind skills of the stupid people are overwhelming....but they shall not assimilate me!

XS Mad Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by live2game2003
    Its weird seeing soccer called football. But I love soccer and I play it for my high school even if we only won 1 game. (thats real we only won 1 game)
    well football to me involves an elipsoid ball and pads, but, you know, "when in rome..."

Here to help
    The dream continues another WIN!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...le/default.stm

Here to help
    Top four in the premiership and quarter finalists in the coca cola cup And that was our reserve side we put out against Newcastle

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...orts_home_page

Conrad, Brayden is following a real class team Just make sure he plays football, opps sorry you call it soccer dont you

Regards

John.

Banned
    Intels Labs, having my Thermal diode modified.
    well the chairman owns JJB, kinda bought his way into the premiership, same as chelski bought the title last year.

Xtreme Member
    Don't give yourself too much credit newcastle are rubbish under souness and you know it :p

Still a terrific win and you dominated the game throughout (still not convinced it was a penalty though).

Here to help
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwood
    well the chairman owns JJB, kinda bought his way into the premiership, same as chelski bought the title last year.
    Do you actually know how much money Wigan spent last season? And how much money they spent on this seasons squad? Its a lot less than you think.

£9 million!!!!! Hows that buying your way into the premiership?

You must support one of those teams that need to spend hundreds of millions Or a non-premiership side.

Regards

John.

Banned
    Intels Labs, having my Thermal diode modified.
    9 million is above average for a promoted team from the championship, the average is usually 3 million + what u get from players u sell.

and i support forest

Xtreme Member
    Spurs 2 - Wigan 1. Unlucky lads

Here to help
    Time for an update

Flying high at 6th in the league And we just knocked Arsenal out of the Carling cup to play either Manchester United or Blackburn Rovers in the Final.

If Manchester United go through we are in Europe next season

What a dream season

Regards

John.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Watched the game up the pub, my mate is an avid Arsenal fan, he was sooo upset that Wigan scored in the last minute of extra time, to be honest even I thought they outplayed Wigan.

My hat does go off for Wigan tho