32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    And your personal tastes are?
    They're just mine Not trying to be funny or anything. Almost non of my Bud's and I use the same settings, different type of music the volume it listened to and etc. Examples, some of us use like Cans, others rather have speakers. Some of us like more bass than the others. One of my bud's Loves Grado's, I think they're too harsh and colors the music too much. What sounds smooth to me sounds a little to flat to another bud and my wife.

How good is the sound stage? 4 different visitors swore my Center Channel was on when it was turned off. Two of them thought the rear speakers were playing well. One lady thought something fell off the table behind me. Like EA sports, I said that was in the game LOL!

My stuff is middle of the road at best!

My tastes? I drove 43 miles one-way to hear a Co-worker's rig before he moved to Florida. Mac AMP and Martins Logans Minis, not Summits but still were well worth the drive. But, having Bugatti tastes but with a Nissan Sentra budget gets me nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    Should put some of the Ultimate Ears offerings up there

I have a pair of UE SuperFi 5Pro and I absolutely love them
    Hey hey hey!!!! ...mine are coming in the next few hours,should be quite an upgrade to my Senn. PX200

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why is AKG not in the guide? K701 wipe the floor with HD650/DT880

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooc View Post
    I can only assume it's because they are some much harder to drive, as well as more expensive (per se), or perhaps the OP just doesn't care for them.
    CPU: Intel i7-9700K w/Noctua UH-12S Chromax
    Motherboard
    : Asus Prime Z390-P
    Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3200 8gb x2
    GPU: MSI 1660 TI
    HDD: Kingston A400 240gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HHD
    PSU: Seasonic GX750W
    Case: Lian Li 205
    Source: Audio Technica ATH-A900

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooc View Post
    Thnx for your long thought out and scientific explanation on the matter Nooc. I don't know where you got this impression but it just isn't true. It may be better at what it does but the DT880 and HD650 are better at what they do. Of these three there is no "better" headphone as sound is subjective and only personal opinion can decide which is better. If it sounds good to you then it's good, but saying the 701 is better than the HD650 or DT880 is a mistake.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    I can only assume it's because they are some much harder to drive, as well as more expensive (per se), or perhaps the OP just doesn't care for them.
    HD650 still costs more, and all three have approximately same sensitivity, I just feel like K701 needs to be in the comparison

Xtreme Addict
    Hi...need some advise...i'm currently looking for some all-around circumaural headphones. thinking of getting either the Sennheiser HD201 or the HD437...which one should i get? any pros/cons? other suggestions? currently have Icemat Siberias & Jabra BT620. more into gaming & movies, with some sound tripping on my Archos.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by emoners View Post
    Hi...need some advise...i'm currently looking for some all-around circumaural headphones. thinking of getting either the Sennheiser HD201 or the HD437...which one should i get? any pros/cons? other suggestions? currently have Icemat Siberias & Jabra BT620. more into gaming & movies, with some sound tripping on my Archos.
    Check out Audio-Technica products

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post
    Thnx for your long thought out and scientific explanation on the matter Nooc. I don't know where you got this impression but it just isn't true. It may be better at what it does but the DT880 and HD650 are better at what they do. Of these three there is no "better" headphone as sound is subjective and only personal opinion can decide which is better. If it sounds good to you then it's good, but saying the 701 is better than the HD650 or DT880 is a mistake.
    I'm planning to get me another set of DT770 Pro 80 instead on the M models. I sold my old ones. It's not just the Bass but their weight, yes sound stage and etc.. for $170 to $200. It's what my ears like. I really like what how they sound at very low volume levels. If I hadn't bought another Guitar, a couple of Guitar cases, JBL Sub, more Memory and etc..... I'd already have them. My old Philips are just too heavy and Open. I want closed. Any others in this price range I should I look at?
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    OK, never mind, my DT770 Pro's (NIB) are on the way from EBay $149 + $9 shipping. Would have gotten DT 880's but didn't want anymore open or simi open cans.
    Last edited by Donnie27; 11-15-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So I have to choose between Grado SR 60 and Senn 555 they are both at the same price in my Country which one is best?
    Please I searched all the reviews and couldn't find none comparing them between.
    They will both be connected to a X-Fi Xtreme Music.
    Before you complain about lag, think about Jesus. He lagged three days before respawning.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They are both good but have very different sound signatures. Can you listen to them before yo make your decision?

Xtreme Mentor
    They are both on completely opposite ends of the sound spectrum, so if you really like one you'll probably not like the other. Listening before you buy is the best thing you can do when buying a pair of headphones, but knowing what type of sound your looking for can offer a good place to start.

What kind of music do you listen to? The Grado has an upfront, punchy, dynamic sound. It will be more like being on the stage with the band when they are playing. I would choose the Grado if you mainly listen to Rock and anything related. The HD555 has the typical Sennheiser sound which is laid back, warm and slower than the Grado. It will give you more of the impression of being at the back of the auditorium watching the band play. It would be a better choice for Classical and such IMO. Remember though that without listening you'll truly never know. However, most people swear by their Grado's for Rock and I can attest to that claim. I just received the SR225 two days ago and they destroy my other headphones I own for Rock. All Grado's have the typical upfront and dynamic quality to them so the SR60 will sound similar to the SR225.

I'll be writing up a review and comparison between the Denon D2000, Audio-Technica AD900 and Grado SR225 headphones when I get back from a Tool concert next week. It should be up by next weekend. Cheers!

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Addict
    I listen to alot of metal and do alot of gaming, are the audio technica A700's a good choice?
    Mpower Max | 4770k | H100 | 16gb Sammy 30nm 1866 | GTX780 SC | Xonar Essence Stx | BIC DV62si | ATH AD700 | 550d | AX850 | VG24QE | 840pro 256gb | 640black | 2tb | CherryReds | m60 | Func1030 |
    HEAT

Xtreme Enthusiast
    First of all thanks for the replies,I listen to a lot of genre's from house to classic music remixed but in particular I listen house/rap/dance and some rock.
    Altough it breaks to see my wallet empty I want to go for Senn HD595 which is said to have a punchy sound,do you think it's worth the price diffrence?
    Again thanks.
    Before you complain about lag, think about Jesus. He lagged three days before respawning.

I am Xtreme
    Oh baby plugged my DDT 770's to my bud's AMPeg Bass amp and Oh Man they kicked! He has a set of 990's and compared them. I still like the closed cans better.

Back down to earth now. The more I've used these, the more I like them. They, just like my old pair, aren't as tight as they felt at first. Bass is clean but Deep plus warm minds and highs please *my ears to the point of seeming like a time warp time flies by so fast. No listening fatauge at all for me. My Philips killed me.

Stick a set of these on and listen to the "Cloverfield" movie Trailer?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/trailers-me60215748

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Great FAQ, wish I would've seen this sooner. I purchased the Bose Triport headphones, upgraded from Sony MDR-V300 which are junk in comparison. Talked to a Audiophile at work at he suggested the HD555's or the priced equivalent Audio-Technica, which is what I was afraid of.

Ordered the HD555's tonight, I'm gonna test the sound difference before RMA'n the Triport. Thanks for the FAQ.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I buyed Senn HD 595 after all and they are great,the soundstage is unbelivable especially for games,they sound punchy and have great bass + the wearing confort is exceptional + they don't require amp @ 50 Ohms.

Xtreme Addict
    anyone know when this will be updated?
    Case-Coolermaster Cosmos S
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    Graphics Card-XFX R9 280X [out for RMA] using HD5870
    Hard Drive-Kingston 240Gig V300 master Seagate 160Gb slave Seagate 250Gb slave Seagate 500Gb slave Western Digital 500Gb
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    Logitech 5.1 Z5500 BOOST22
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Steam ID: alphamonkeywoman
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/933ab/

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    anyone know when this will be updated?
    I said I would post a review of my D2000's, AT-AD900's and SR225's about a month ago but haven't gotten around to it. Considering all the free time I have coming up, I'll make sure it gets done this holiday.

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    I have some sony mdr-v100 that i'm not even sure how i got them i know i didn't buy them but they have worked great for me for gaming,(as far as sound quality they are good enough as i think i'm going deaf anyway,lol
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Addict
    i wanted to get a pair of HDJ-1000's for my music creation and my gaming. for 180 bucks from my local store. i would like to knoe how they stack up.
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    Hard Drive-Kingston 240Gig V300 master Seagate 160Gb slave Seagate 250Gb slave Seagate 500Gb slave Western Digital 500Gb
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @Monkey, Try them out at your local shop and see if they have the sound your looking for. Understand they will "burn-in" and change signature somewhat. I have heard them before and I though they were fairly decent cans. Does your local show have other cans you can compare with at the time?
    If you already bought a set, which did you buy?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post
    @Monkey, Try them out at your local shop and see if they have the sound your looking for. Understand they will "burn-in" and change signature somewhat. I have heard them before and I though they were fairly decent cans. Does your local show have other cans you can compare with at the time?
    If you already bought a set, which did you buy?
    i ended up getting Sony MDRV500DJ. the Pioneer's were sold out. i did listen to them and they did have a deeper bass. i'm very happy with the sony, crisp treble. i'm guessing its cuz of the magnet. i'm now saving up for some studio monitors; 2 KRK RP8's and a KRK RP10S...900 bucks by buds think i'm crazy.
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast