Thread: Lanparty 875 ProB Rev B mods

Xtreme Member

Lanparty 875 ProB Rev B mods

What mods are available to this board? There is a section for DFI boards in the sticky but, go figure, they are all NF boards. Searches for mods usually only brings up mods on NF boards, and those i do get most links are broken or are poor discriptions. I figured this place would be the place to ask.

What i HAVE read says that it is very similar to modding a IC-7 MAX board but i want to know about spacifics for this board. For example:

VDroop

VDIMM

North Bridge Voltage adjustments

Also, how do you know if you are having a problem with a VDroop. IE; what are the symptoms of needing to perform that mod. Thanks!@

EDIT: Just to make clear, this i a 875 ProB board (478!!!), NOT A SOCKET T board. With the sudden uprise of socket Ts, looking for the Lanparty 875 mods almost gaurntees all 875-t mods only...
    Last edited by snipper_cr; 04-26-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Xtreme Member
    you know you need Vdroop mod if yoru Vcore is sagging during loaded CPU conditions...its not too bad on that board compared to others but you can defenitely use it...are you gonna use a prescott or northwood?

Are you gonna use ocz ram or something, cause Vdimm is good on that board. And also you shouldn't need any vddq mods as you can go up to 1.8(possibly 1.9, cant remember because the board is down for modding)which is more than enough

you should know that if you are using a prescott the board will limit you to 1.55Vcore, it is an OVP feature of the board, which requires a Vmod to fix.

I have this board as well btw, just got it less than 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by sluflyer06; 04-26-2005 at 12:24 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    Intel i7 930 @4ghz
    EVGA GTX 480
    3x2GB OCZ DDR3-1600
    PCP&C Turbo Cool 860 watt
    Win. 7
    5.5ghz Presler Validation
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang
    I thought since that I pay for my internet. I could download anything I want.

Xtreme Member
    Really? I have a northwood 2.8 C and in an attempt to check stability i had my VCore up to 1.650 Vs with no problems... is it something with the prescots? I have a prescot that i will be working on in a day or so.

Can i tell if my Vcore is dropping during use or do i need a volt meter on the actual line?

Im using Cosair PC4000 memory, 250 ext clock. I was ablet to get it up to 260 ext clock then needed more volts, 2.7. At 270 mhz i needed more, set to 2.8. At 280 set to 2.9 volts and stable. However increasing speed started erroring in Memtest 86. Now that could have been other components failing. At 2.9v /280 MHz, it was stable in memtest but could barely get into windows. Processor probably and havent had a chance to do much OCing with peltier set up.

Once i get my peltier system finished i should get going but i figured while i had my board out i hsould do some modding fi needed.

Xtreme Member
    yea i said it was precott only 1.55V limit in my post, northwood does not apply.

Get Motherboard Monitor 5 it tracks Vcore, Vddq, and all the rest. NB temps will show as "Case" until you rename the field.

I have the same Ram as you do...you should not be exceeding 2.8V on our specific corsair...they specifically state that you will get no more stability with anything above 2.8 on your specific model...I've tested this many times on many boards and it holds true...trust me...if 2.8V isn't stable it aint doin it. 280 is quite good, i think the highest i've had mine so far is 265(old processor limit) but i can do up to 260 @ CL2.5 5-4-4. If your going to 280 and above for your CPU then you should be fine with a 5:4 divider and not lose much of any performance.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    Intel i7 930 @4ghz
    EVGA GTX 480
    3x2GB OCZ DDR3-1600
    Win. 7

Xtreme Member
    Hmmm, from what ive heard our boards and memory dont like the 5:4 ratio all that much, they much prefer the 1:1 ratio.

So the "Case" tempature is the NB chipset? Okay i thought it was just an onboard diode sticking somewhere.

Xtreme Member
    Pancake and i tried the northy mod, didnt work correctly. Hipro has a vdimm mod but it only goes up to about 3.1V because of OVP. Vdroop is the same as IC7, 20K vdiff to feedback.

-CaT
    Send Me Your Broken Hardware! - Repair Parts and vMod Research!
    Need vMods? PM Me!

Xtreme Member
    whats the northy mod?
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    Intel i7 930 @4ghz
    EVGA GTX 480
    3x2GB OCZ DDR3-1600
    Win. 7

Xtreme Member
    Where can i find the VDroop and Vmod (for prescots if i need to) for the lanparty 875 ProB rev b board? My board is out of the case and i want to perform the mods even if i dont need them (putting switches on if needed).

Thanks!

im also wondering about the droop mod....any guides for this at all?