Thread: Whats the best value RAM for s754.

Xtreme Addict

Question Whats the best value RAM for s754.

Hello everyone.

Whats the best value ram, that runs below 2.5v, that is Dual 1Gb (2x 512mb) and is compatible with s754?

Mobo is GA_K8VM800M

This PC is not intended for OCing, just a ram to make my parents PC more stable and my games stable wile I build my own PC (as shown in my signature below)

I think my RAM is faulty, slow, and incompatible with my A64 3200+ since it runs on Single mod and makes everything lag when the system is on load with lots of heavy files, but I do know its a piece of cr...

Someone please help me

Turok
    Last edited by Turok; 04-25-2005 at 05:40 PM.

I have a stick of Mushkin green line that works great, its set for 2.5-4-4-8, but runs fine at 200Mhz 2-3-3-8, unfortunately the other stick I use won't run at CL-2(generic stuff), and my motherboard won't adjust memory timings beyond cas latency.
    Newegg has pairs of 512MB sticks for $81
    XP-M 2500+ @ 12x200
    Mushkin green line @ 2.5-4-4-8
    x800xl @ 472.5/611 volt-modded
    Asrock K7Upgrade880 volt-modded
    Chaintech AV710-games/movies
    heavily modded E-MU 0404-music
    Eddie Current HD25 headphone amp
    modded Beyerdynamic DT770's
    modded Grado SR-325's

You know you're odd when your headphone gear is worth more than your gaming rig.

Xtreme Addict
    When I go to the gigabyte site and look at the FAQ, I find something simmilar to my Single mod problem. It gives me this link...
    http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/...q_amdguide.jpg
    I dont know how to read this chart. Can anyone help me identify compatibility on this chart?

Xtreme Addict
    HP gave me 2 of these.
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820147111

CPU-Z shows DDR333 running at 2.5, 3, 3, 7

Would it be this on the chart?

If its that, wouldnt taking one card out make things more stable?

Turok

Xtreme Addict
    Ive been having crashes lately on games like SC:Chaos Theory and some lag on CS:S
    Should I remove one card (1x 512mb)? Would i gain more stability acording to the chart because it would become compatible?
    I dont think crashes are related with CPU or GPU overheating or driver problems since the ive had 3 GPUs that have had the same problem, and increasing air flow doesnt seem to make a diference. Almost everything is updated except the 2 mems, the HD, and CD-R. Everything else was updated and I still have the same problem afther I updated, so thats why Im guessing its the mem.

Can anyone help me?