Thread: Ignore Lists and Quotes

Xtreme Addict

Arrow Ignore Lists and Quotes

I was wondering if there is a way one could make it to where when an individual is on Ignore if their posts and people's quotes to them would become invisible. I mean it's great we have the Ignore feature. This is a real problem becase when you put somebody on Ignore it's because you don't wanna see them anymore, but their posts still remain, and if somebody quotes them you can't help but read them, and then you realize it's the same BS that you did not wanna read from before, justa different day.

I mean it gets aggravating. It's like "Him Again?" It would really help matters here. I've recently been cleaning up lately on that list and can say it's really helped make this place a peaceful place. There are alot of great people here, but there are a few that I just don't wanna see at all. It's aggravting when you've had to put somebody on Ignore yet you find they are still going around behind your back still doing the same ol same ol. I just don't wanna see it.
    Last edited by T_Flight; 02-01-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Admin
    No, it's not. Let the whole thing go.

Xtreme Addict
    That's too bad. I was hoping for something. My patience have worn out. I've watched lately as people have just seemed to have disapeared and the only thing I can fugure is they are just giving up in disgust and leaving. I think I'm gonna take a break myself for awhile.

I'd agree, if there were a way to not display quotes from ignored people that would be nice. Although, I have never put anyone on ignore but could see where that would get annoying. This may be hard to do though.

Otherwise, just don't read it.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Engineering The Xtreme
    why do you need to put anyone on ignore??? personal attacks are handled by the admins, otherwise it just seems childish to say "hey, I'm just gonna make you disappear"....

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Ignore lists have their uses.
    I have one person on mine and it keeps my blood pressure nice and steady.
    As to seeing someone that you have on your list quoted, the only thing you can do is mentally ignore it yourself.
    It doesn't happen that often that it's a major issue.
    Also we are adults and like in life if someone gets under your skin that much a big FAAAAAK You and move on..
    Realistically, this is a forum and easy to refresh a page with one keystroke if you see some twerps name that bugs you.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Can you guys make me (ignore proof) so i can bug every body.
    ^^^^^All shaken, (from the earthquake) not stirred^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    There's a lot less voodoo in watercooling than is assumed
    The only thing future proof in electronics, is the electricity itself.

Any one who relies on only one source of information is a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Ignore lists have their uses.
    I have one person on mine and it keeps my blood pressure nice and steady.
    Didn't know mods/admins could have ignore lists.
    Seems you usually get along with most people usually so I'm surprised that you have anyone on it too.
    Mine is still empty, oh I've considered adding a couple people who really tick me off sometimes but I just let it be. With them not on ignore I know who to blame partly if certain threads go down the tubes
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Didn't know mods/admins could have ignore lists.
    Seems you usually get along with most people usually so I'm surprised that you have anyone on it too.
    Mine is still empty, oh I've considered adding a couple people who really tick me off sometimes but I just let it be. With them not on ignore I know who to blame partly if certain threads go down the tubes
    This guy has been on my ignore list since I was a XIP..
    It was either that or track him down and break several laws pertaining to doing bodily harm to a fellow human being..
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I am Xtreme
    I've always thought of the ignore list as soo.. (no offence fellas) '16yr old skool girl' - "I'm gonna ignore that b1atch - talk to the hand girlfriend"

its far more 'realistic' as MM said it: we're adults, we'll meet idiots in life & we gotta deal with it

cuppa concrete & u'll be right

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Time to grab a jar of Nutella and some sliced bread eh tiro ?
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Cruncher
    lol there's an ignore list? never been ticked off on this forum before to even think there's such thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Time to grab a jar of Nutella and some sliced bread eh tiro ?
    YUM YUM

Xtreme CCIE
    I don't think I've had to use an ignore list since SF went away TBH. It saved me countless hours of bickering on the 'net, and I'm grateful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    It's aggravting when you've had to put somebody on Ignore yet you find they are still going around behind your back still doing the same ol same ol. I just don't wanna see it.
    I agree, it's aggravating when you ignore someone else and then they (not knowing or caring that you have done so) continue to operate as though it's business as usual. Some people are sooo rude, I thought for sure you would have taught them a lesson by ignoring them
    Last edited by Serra; 02-03-2009 at 08:51 AM.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Addict
    I gotta say it's been real peaceful since I opened up on that list. Quite a number earned a spot there actually. Man, the other day it was open season. Like MM said, it beats the alternative. Those quotes can be annoying though. It's not really about what I see in the quotes, just the fact that I see them. There's nothing we can really do about it though. Like was said earlier that's what the mods and Admin's are here for. The Ignore list is just a buffer until they catch them.

I am Xtreme
    An ignore list is a very clever way to filter out all the opinions that don't agree with yours. The longer your ignore list, the less interesting your opinion is, in my eyes. Would it be possible to show the number of ignores under the post count number? .

Oh, and on none of the forums I've ever visited I had a single person on my ignore list. Not even those who's responses make me want to puke
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Attack Dachshund
    meh, ignore lists are for people who don't have control over their mind or emotions... if you don't like someone, there's no need to pay any attention to them.. I mean is it so bad that you can't even stand to see their username, that's pretty sad if it bothers anyone that much.. no one is forcing anyone to read anything... reminds me of coworkers that can't get along in an office so much so, that they can't even be on the same floor with each other.. that's a sad way to live.