Thread: asus P5ND2 deluxe....when??

Xtreme Member

asus P5ND2 deluxe....when??

anyone have a clue when this thing is going to be released? asus announced it last week, and it shows up on their global website. so far, nothing on the various regional sites, nor newegg or pricewatch. it LOOKS like a sweet mobo. if anyone gets one, see one, or sees any reviews of it, plz post will ya? i may swap my P5AD2-E out for one of these.

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...85&modelmenu=1

theres the board, if anyones wondering.

I like how asus always keeps plenty of room between the videocards.
    nice and easy to watercool the cards, without cramping them together.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Live Long And Overclock
    Why in the world would anyone go that now knowing the 955 chipsets are right around the corner AND dual core capable

Perkam

Xtreme Legend
    Here we go again...
    Only three stage power cirquit for cpu...
    Will Asus ever learn?

Live Long And Overclock
    EDIT: OH ok i see em, though the upcoming RX480 ATI chipset boards from MSI, etc have the same setup

Perkam
    Last edited by perkam; 04-12-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perkam
    Why in the world would anyone go that now knowing the 955 chipsets are right around the corner AND dual core capable

Perkam
    the 955 chipset, will indeed be a great chipset, but the NF4 boards will be a nice alternative, and do support dual core as well.
    if Nvidia can OC as well on Intel hardware, as they do on AMD, then this is only a good thing.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Live Long And Overclock
    and do support dual core as well.
    NOt from what I hear. Afaik 955/945 are the only upcoming chipsets to support it.

Perkam

Xtreme Addict
    NOt from what I hear. Afaik 955/945 are the only upcoming chipsets to support it.

Perkam
    u heard wrong. most of the intel nforce 4 boards will have dual core support, msi and asus should definatly have support for it

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    I'll try it

:guineapigmode: ON

Do the upcoming 955/945 chipset support the SINGLE core processors as well as the DUAL? I want to get a single core 775 and wait for the duals to come down...it would be nice to have the right mobo to start with...

thanks
    In my Lian Li PC-V1100B:
    A64 3200+ NC/CG 300HTT x8 2400MHz (SLK948U w/92mm H1B) ***watercooling also coming soon***
    DFI Lanparty UT 250gb - 1Gb OCZ EB PC3500 - PCP&C 425 Deluxe
    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128Mb (VGA silencer rev. 3) - SB Audigy LS
    80Gb & 200Gb Seagate Sata Drives - Pioneer 16x DVD+-RW - Lite-On CDR/RW DVD-ROM

FOLDING!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by InvisGreenMan
    Do the upcoming 955/945 chipset support the SINGLE core processors as well as the DUAL? I want to get a single core 775 and wait for the duals to come down...it would be nice to have the right mobo to start with...

thanks
    intel will have low end models under $300

Live Long And Overclock
    intel will have low end models under $300
    LOL INtel will have models a LOT lower. THe 945 Chipset will be the bigger brother of the 915 (but with ddr2) meaning less than $200 should be norm, especially if it wants to compete with AMD.

Perkam

yes, but do the 955/945 board support the "old" single core 775 processors? If they do, I will just buy a high end 955 to start with.
    In my Lian Li PC-V1100B:
    A64 3200+ NC/CG 300HTT x8 2400MHz (SLK948U w/92mm H1B) ***watercooling also coming soon***
    DFI Lanparty UT 250gb - 1Gb OCZ EB PC3500 - PCP&C 425 Deluxe
    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128Mb (VGA silencer rev. 3) - SB Audigy LS
    80Gb & 200Gb Seagate Sata Drives - Pioneer 16x DVD+-RW - Lite-On CDR/RW DVD-ROM

FOLDING!

no reason a 955 wouldn't support a single core CPU... that would just be ridiculous if it was a dual core only motherboard.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    EDIT: OH ok i see em, though the upcoming RX480 ATI chipset boards from MSI, etc have the same setup

Perkam

GAWDDAMMIT THATS A PRUUUUTY BOARD , too bad im not a big fan of asus .
    For intel its either dfi or abit for me

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    MSI's SLI-Intel board has 4-phase power

C

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    MSI's SLI-Intel board has 4-phase power

C
    ok i can imagine that a 4 -phase power circuit is better then a 3 -phase power circuit, but what can it do more or better?
    more stable lines?
    higher voltages?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the 4 phase circuit allows more stable voltage to all the components on the board. The Asus 875 (and some other manufacturers also ) had horrible vcore drop or "droop" as they are called at full load. Meaning if you run dual instances of prime95 , the vcore set to 1.5V in bios dropped to about 1.45 or lower . That plays havoc with ur system's stability.
    Abit is known for 4 phase voltage regulation , but apparently Asus hasnt caught on yet.
    MSI makes some nice boards as well.

It would make it easier for ASUS to use a 4-phase circuit, although I do enjoy the pleasure of droop-modding my boards :P