Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats the best full tower case on the market?

Quote Originally Posted by jopers1986
    yer agreeded to the cost, and it's a shame about loosing all the bottom space, i say go for the original stacker

i think the new stacker almost looks like some of the new thermaltake cases!
    Speaking of which, does anyone have the new Thermaltake Armors? It looks like a stacker knockoff except in aluminum (at least the silver version is). I'm not a big fan of Thermaltake myself as I have the Tsunami and that is a bit flimsy.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesta
    I think I'm sold on the Origional. Only bad points are

1. 80mm top exhaust
    2. Can't mount 3 x 120mm without 4in3 modules. Unless you make your own mounting bracket.

3. Only 80mm side fan....look at that monster inlet...its made for much more!
    4. Weight.
    Well, with courage, imagination and a bit of skills you easily achieve all of these desired features by modding the case.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My Lian Li PC-75B have satisfied me in a great way.

PC-75B is sleeker looking, lighter and better to work with, and bigger than the Stacker.

Sideways HD mounting is king...I really don't like the old-school mounting anymore...

This case has some really great features:
    http://www2.newegg.com/product/produ...82E16811133143
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy
    I really like my pc7077a. It has room for 3 120 mm fans (2 come with it), as well 5.25 bays all the way down the front... so you can change things how you want. It doesn't weigh much, but it's solid. I'm putting a chiller in mine!
    could u post pictures of your case

Quote Originally Posted by billycat
    Speaking of which, does anyone have the new Thermaltake Armors? It looks like a stacker knockoff except in aluminum (at least the silver version is). I'm not a big fan of Thermaltake myself as I have the Tsunami and that is a bit flimsy.
    my brother just got the thermaltake armor and boy is it sweeeet!! I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the size of the case!

It is has holes on the floor of the case for mounting things such as WC pumps and what not. Looks very sweet in the dark with blue LED fans.
    It also has massive thumbscrews the size of an actual thumb.

Overall, it is a sweet case and i would get it over the stacker because it is lighter and looks much cooler.

yeah I saw the armor too however no way is it cooler than a Stacker, maybe just as cool but I have yet to see a user-class case cooler than a well-modded stacker. as for looking cooler, sometime in the future I will post a picture of my workstation based wholely on my stacker (once i'm done adding things here and there), you will change your mind quickly, armors are nothing more than stacker rip-offs.

anyway I wanted to comment about that new Stacker. YUCK, a door!! who the hell wants a door? especially on a stacker. My stacker has like 4 bays in which i plug/unplug cables and cards regularly. I don't understand anyone who wants a door. sure the case looks more uniform, but generally doors are the biggest annoyances ever.

I would have considered updating my stacker to the new one for the added cooling posibilities, however coolermaster you ruined your chances by putting a door. there you have it. don't put a door next time.

a door. psshht.
    Last edited by Spencer; 05-01-2005 at 05:03 PM.

I know it's a beast but I do like my Aopen H700B. Quite heavy, but it has drive rails and swing out drive trays and removeable Mobo tray. Looks pretty sweet too,

linky
    Last edited by samuknow; 05-01-2005 at 05:16 PM.
    (Sam)
    "FEAR NOT" Isaiah 41:10
    MOBO - eVga 680i SLI 122-CK-NF68-A1
    CPU - E6400 @ 3.3 @ 1.25V
    Video - 2 x 8800 GTS SLI
    Cooling - Water cooled by Danger Den
    Display - 3 x 21" Sony Trinitron
    Case - Sunbeam Acrylic UFO case
    PSU - Tuniq 950 watt Miniplant

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse
    my brother just got the thermaltake armor and boy is it sweeeet!! I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the size of the case!

It is has holes on the floor of the case for mounting things such as WC pumps and what not. Looks very sweet in the dark with blue LED fans.
    It also has massive thumbscrews the size of an actual thumb.

Overall, it is a sweet case and i would get it over the stacker because it is lighter and looks much cooler.
    Yeah the fact that it's aluminum really appeals to me. Don't really care for the flaps but it does seem to have addressed the minus of the stacker (weight) without really losing anything. My small dual xeon server has outgrown the SLK3700AMB (good case for a mid tower) and I'm looking for something bigger. Armor is one of the leading candidates right now.

EDIT: is the armor a bit flimsy? I do have a A64 system in a Thermaltake Tsunami and the walls are a bit thin. At least compared to my Antec p160.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    anyway I wanted to comment about that new Stacker. YUCK, a door!! who the hell wants a door? especially on a stacker. My stacker has like 4 bays in which i plug/unplug cables and cards regularly. I don't understand anyone who wants a door. sure the case looks more uniform, but generally doors are the biggest annoyances ever.

I would have considered updating my stacker to the new one for the added cooling posibilities, however coolermaster you ruined your chances by putting a door. there you have it. don't put a door next time.

a door. psshht.
    Wait until you have kids...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AH^DK
    My Lian Li PC-75B have satisfied me in a great way.

PC-75B is sleeker looking, lighter and better to work with, and bigger than the Stacker.
    However, it has only 80mm fans, no abillity to mount a fan on the top, don't support BTX, supports only 1 PSU, has only 6 5.25" panels and don't have a removeable M/B tray. The Stacker has all these. BTW, the looks are individual, while I think that the Stacker looks better (my friends think that too, to say that the Stacker has much more "presence" than the somewhat "anemic/boring/plain" looking LL 75B that I had).

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre
    However, it has only 80mm fans, no abillity to mount a fan on the top, don't support BTX, supports only 1 PSU, has only 6 5.25" panels and don't have a removeable M/B tray. The Stacker has all these. BTW, the looks are individual, while I think that the Stacker looks better (my friends think that too, to say that the Stacker has much more "presence" than the somewhat "anemic/boring/plain" looking LL 75B that I had).
    The 7077a solves at least some of the pc-75's problems. All the 5.25 bays you could want and 120mm fans, including two in the top.

No pictures yet, sorry. I just got it and I'm a slow builder.

Theo404, I have a pc75 which I've never used the only thing is its been modded with three 120mm blowholes in the top (with use of a thermochill 120.3) as well as a 80mm blow hole in the top for use of a danger den cylinder res. It also has two 120mm holes in the side just underneath where the rad would go to alow fresh air in. It comes with three lian-li optical bezels and one floppy one.

// edited by Jupiler. Reason : no selling outside the classifieds.
    Last edited by Jupiler; 05-03-2005 at 10:29 AM. Reason: no selling outside the classifieds

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy
    The 7077a solves at least some of the pc-75's problems. All the 5.25 bays you could want and 120mm fans, including two in the top.

No pictures yet, sorry. I just got it and I'm a slow builder.
    You're right, but IMO it lacks the elegance the PC75-B has.

Xtreme Member
    Well Guys, I bit the bullet and got a CM Stacker!

I haven't had the chance to transfer anything over yet.

Has anyone done any mod's to the standard side panel to fit anything other then 1 crap 80mm fan?

I can't figure out how to do it without doing some major hacking and slashing!

My aim is to get 2 x 120mm on though I might try out that huge 150mm 250CFM from frozencpu just for fun.
    Q6600 @ 3.0 | 8GB G-Skill @ 800 Mhz 5-5-5-20 | ATI 3870 Stock 1 x 500 GB Seagate 7200.11
    1 x 1TB Seagate 7200.11 | 2 x 320GB Seagate 7200.10
    Seasonic S12-550 Energy +CM Stacker

Wandersome Cruncher
    I like the Silverstone TJ06 but I see you have already chosen

The above, the original Stacker and the P160 are currently my new build shortlist
    Visit The Boinc Bar Today

Boinc Boinc......The first 50 mil is the hardest!
    POEM U.K number one.....woot

Xtreme Member
    Great choice Mikesta... You won't be disappointed! Now mod the hell out of it

Xtreme Member
    THX Hombre and Co.

I absolutely love the case!

My PWMIC used to go 55-59 Degrees Celcius fully loaded in old case, now NEVER goes above 50.

My Chipset used to regularly go into the high 40's even into the 50's. Now never over 43 (could also have something to do with cleaning yellow 'gunk' off chipset and replacing with AS5).

My CPU is 2 degree's cooler, and this is all with just the stock gear and no crossflow fan (on Order). When I make the brackets for 2 extra front intakes, get a crossflow fan and put in 2 80mm outtakes down the bottom power supply rack then it should be even better!

Only bad news is that I can't use 38mm thick fan on rear outtake because my onboard sound module would interfer! Damn. Now hunting for near silent but reasonably effect 120mm fans!
    Q6600 @ 3.0 | 8GB G-Skill @ 800 Mhz 5-5-5-20 | ATI 3870 Stock 1 x 500 GB Seagate 7200.11
    1 x 1TB Seagate 7200.11 | 2 x 320GB Seagate 7200.10
    Seasonic S12-550 Energy +CM Stacker

Xtreme Member
    Well Guys, I bit the bullet and got a CM Stacker!

I haven't had the chance to transfer anything over yet.

Has anyone done any mod's to the standard side panel to fit anything other then 1 crap 80mm fan?

I can't figure out how to do it without doing some major hacking and slashing!

My aim is to get 2 x 120mm on though I might try out that huge 150mm 250CFM from frozencpu just for fun.
    heres what i did with my stacker:

Banned
    Lian Li still is the best.

I have the PC-6077 (has same design as stacker only sleeker and lighter) and I LOVE it. Very good case but the best is its big brother the PC-7077 or the V2100/Plus because of the power supply rellocation.

Xtreme Recruit
    PC75 is nice except those 80mm fans... I almost set on it then there is stacker. Stacker isn't perfect either, it's heavier, and the 80mm fan on top...

Xtreme Addict
    I might try out that huge 150mm 250CFM from frozencpu just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCPU
    Note: When using this fan on your case we recommend that you use it to exhaust air and not intake air to avoid damage to your components.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mountain Mods U2-UFO gets my vote, but it is hella expensive...

Yan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123