Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Migrane

Migrane

I had another migrane today, this is the third time.

First was about 6 months aggo, then another about 2 months aggo.

I loose my sight (very blurred vision) then about 15 min later my sight clears up and I get a very intense headache at the front of my head for about an hour and a half.
    It then slowly gets better and is pretty much gone within 3-4 hours.

Ive not bothered to go to the doctor yet although i might make an appointment this week.

Has anybody else suffered from this?
    If so was there any specific cause for you?
    What treatment is avalable?

The last 2 times ive been ill its been after doing exercice.

Today I rode 10 miles on my bike and felt ill quite soon after I stopped. I didnt feel all that tired when I got back, and I had eaten about an hour before I left. So I dont think it was cause I didnt eat.

If anybody has an oppionon id appreciate it.

X. I. P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holst

I loose my sight (very blurred vision) then about 15 min later my sight clears up and I get a very intense headache at the front of my head for about an hour and a half.

Ive not bothered to go to the doctor yet although i might make an appointment this week.

Today I rode 10 miles on my bike and felt ill quite soon after I stopped. I didnt feel all that tired when I got back, and I had eaten about an hour before I left. So I dont think it was cause I didnt eat.

I get migraines about 3-4 times/year. No pain, but I lose vision in one eye, or the other, and get a light-headed feeling that could lead to nausea, I suppose - though it never has.

I've never been diagnosed with a cause. Changes in blood flow to the temple area of the head (constriction of blood vessels and muscle contractions) are supposed to be one cause. Caffeine and natural stimulation, like exercise, and bright light seems to make mine come on. For me, closing my eyes for 15-30 minutes until vision returns is enough.
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holst

Try to reduce Your online time below 20 h per day and try to sleep more than 2 h each nite - should help a lot........

Previous system:

DFI NF4 ULTRA 0453A3 KOREA CHIPSET / BIOS 510-2FIX / FX-57 0516WPMW@3.62GHZ / 2x256 CORSAIR 3200LLPT BH-5@13x278MHZ 2-2-2-5@3.69VDIMM / MACH II GT@MOD BY BERKUT / ACTIVE COOLING FOR RAM - MOSFETS - GPU RAM / CHIPSET & GPU CORE WATERCOOLED / OCZ POWERSTEAM 600W / BUILT BY ATI X850XT@660/651 - VGPU@1.73-VDD@2.26-VDDQ@2.21 PENCIL MOD / WIN XP 2x80GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP80 SATA - RAID 0 & WIN 2K 40GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP40 IDE BENCH DRIVE / PIC

----------------><------------------

I dont drink cafine any more, not even tea.

I also feel very nauseous when i have the headache.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    interesting!
    yes i also suffer from migrane

sorry, for the lengthy post, this is the story of my migrane:

the first time i got it i was 12 iirc, i lost my eyesight somehow, parts of whatever i looked at were just gone... i was in school and when i looked at the left part of the drawing board i could see everything written on it, when i looked to the right everything that was written on the left part suddenly dissapeared and the drawing board seemed empty on that side, until i moved my eyes back there.

i went to the hospital because i hit my head the night before that and they thougt i might have a concussion. acompanied by the lost in eye sight i felt a weird stiching pain in my skull behind my eyeballs and a numb pain in my brain as if i had fallen on my head really hard. i had to throw up, when we arrived at the hospital i was feeling better already, and the medics couldnt find anything at all... nothing. the next day i had so bad headaches that every move or even move my eye balls just for a milimeter felt like somebody was squeezing my brain. they ran tests for a few days and found absolutely nothing. i got better after one or two days though and was completely fine again after 3 days.

nothing happened for weeks, then i had it again, again i was at school, school was almost over iirc. i felt really bad and made it to the principals secretary office and asked them to call an ambulance, i was still 12 then i think. when the ambulance had arrived i had lost the eye sight on the top right and the lower left part and could only see parts of what was around me, everthing else kinda blurried out, on the way to the hospital i started talking really weird stuff, i thougt i was saying "i dont feel well" but actually i was saying "i dont tree without house" or something like that... i myself didnt notice this at all and thougt i said "i dont feel very well"
    then i lost control over the left part of my body, all my left body was completely numb and i had no control over any muscle in that part of my body anymore.

we had arrived at the hospital and they all acted very hectivally and moved me into some room with loads of high tech machinary. the medics kinda freaked out and thought i was bleeding inside of my brain, 5 medics and at least 6 nurses were running around in the room in panic and giving me loads of injections and each of the 5 medics was checking a different part of my body and was injecting something into an arm, leg or my stomach or meassured my heartbeat etc
    i was almost loosing consciessness but they tried to keep me awake by talking to me.

i saw my mom standing 2 meters to the thing i was lying on and 2 medics were talking to her and she looked horrable and was crying. i never saw such a shock in anybodies eyes again in my life so far...
    i dont remember what happened then, i passed out.

i wanted to tell her that im fine and she shouldnt worry about me but i couldnt speak, i could only open my mouth wich felt very numb.

later she told me the medics told her that i was probably bleeding inside of my skull and that i will most likely have some serious inreparable braindamages and that there is also a high chance that i would die because i was getting worse so quickly that they thougt they wouldnt find the problem and be able to fix it before its too late and i died.

when i woke up again i was lying in one of those things where they make high res xray images of your brain. i wanted to get up but couldnt, they pulled me out, then i told them i wasnt feeling well, they brought me some metal plate thing and i threw up.

my head was hurting so bad that i couldnt focus on anything else, i couldnt think, i was paralyzed by the pain...

they ran all kinds of checks again but couldnt find anything...

that was the last time i had it this serious, but i kept having it for dozens of times after that, and i still have to from time to time, but its getting less heavvy and more and more time passes between the migrane attacks i get.

usually it starts with a headache, or with a weird flickering colorfull unsharp tiny dot or line that gets bigger and bigger. it looks like the dot you see when you looked directly into the sun. but it gets bigger and bigger and has a weird changing shape. if you look at a white wall you dont see it at all, but if you look at somebodies face for example, suddenly theres an eye of even haklf of the face missing and looks all blurried like half of his face is only made out of skin, no eyes, no lips, no eyebrows, no nose. it looks really weird.
    while it gorws and grows i get a stichting pain inside my skull behind my eyeball(s), and a growing headache. i get very sensitive to light and sounds as well as touching things or tasting things. all my senses are like overloading, and every signal that reaches my brain gets aplified so much that every signal is so strong it just hurts. hard to explain. everything i feel or see or hear or taste hurts.

i usually try to go to bed and fall asleep asap so i miss all those "wonderfull" expiriences. most of the time it works and when i wake up i only feel a headache and im still very sensitive to all sounds, light and touches and tastes.

sometimes i dont manage to fall asleep, and its a real nightmare... one second feels like an hour and everything just hurts so much i sometimes cant help but scream in pain...

luckily i didnt have this for several years anymore and i hope i wont have it that bad ever again...

over the years my brain has been checked doezsn of times with xray and this electromagnetic resonance thing and none of the medics every found anything... they couldnt find anything at all... according to them im 100% healthy... weird eh?

i know many people who have this, but most dont have it as bad as i do, im starting to think that it could be a virus that infects our brain...
    maybe its just an overload of informations in our brain.... the most often i had migrane was when i studdied a lot...

i found out that pulling my eyebrows together, like ou do when you are angry or upset, somehow seemed to result in a higher chance for me to get mirgane and a general headache... but im not sure... for some time i also thougt it had to do with what i eat and i stopped eating candy wich seemed to work, but then i had it twice in a week.... so i started eating candy again and said "fudge it"

all i can recommend you holst, is as soon as you start getting it, take a quick cold shower with the lights turned off, avoid any noise and bright light and body contact, go to bed after taking a cold shower and try to fall asleep asap. dont put on relaxing music, it will keep you from falling asleep and will start to get loudeer and louder in your head until it hurts more and more, even if the volume is set to the lowest possible and you can barely hear it at all...

sleep is the only thing i found that helps... oh and paracetamol helps against the pain, wich then helps you to fall asleep better.

I get a bad migrane headache after cracking my neck sometimes.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

I am Xtreme
    Dude..i feel your pain. a common "old maid" remedy is to crush asprin into powder form, and drink it mixed with warm water. this allows for faster absorption of the medication. Migranes can be completely debilitating. The asprin, a quiet dark room work best for me.
    Some migranes are caused by excess pressure on the brain, and this is typically ones of an increasing strength. If you think you have migranes, go see a doctor. Seriously.

Thatnks for the info saaya, Im glad ive never had it that bad.

Your description of your eye sight going is exactly what I have. This first time it was very frightening as I didnt know what was going on, and I fell half way down the stairs as I couldnt see.. hehe.

This time I took a couple of painkillers that desolve in water as soon as I got the eyesite problems, as I knew the headache would come soon. Then I went to bed and tried to make it as dark as possible. This helped quite allot as those tablets are prescription I got off my grandmother and are quite strong codene/asparin.
    I wont be able to sleep through it like you saaya as I find it very hard to get to sleep anyway, no way I can sleep when im ill.

Ill call the doctor tomorrow. I doubt he will be able to do anything about it but it wont hurt to make an appointment.

I think part of the cause might be stress as im still looking for a job and ive been a bit worried about university applications lately, although ive finished that now.
    I need to get a job soon as I need to save up for uni, but I cant find anything thats any good.

X. I. P.
    Since you're in the UK, this site might be of some help, http://www.migrainetrust.org/

Migraines can be benign (yah, right) or can be symptomatic of serious illness. The benign kind are what I have, what saaya appears to have, what FUGGER appears to have. Meaning, they have no underlying serious issue.

Like cadaveca said, get it checked out against the possibility of serious conditions.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca
    Dude..i feel your pain. a common "old maid" remedy is to crush asprin into powder form, and drink it mixed with warm water. this allows for faster absorption of the medication. Migranes can be completely debilitating. The asprin, a quiet dark room work best for me.
    Some migranes are caused by excess pressure on the brain, and this is typically ones of an increasing strength. If you think you have migranes, go see a doctor. Seriously.
    i never liked aspirin, for me it doesnt work... the horrable taste makes the feeling that i have to throw up even stronger. there are some new capsules wich have the same acid that aspirin is based on in liquid form inside, so you dont taste anythin, maybe i should try those... but paracetamol works great for me... i only have to take a tiny grain of a pill with water and 10mins later almost all the headache is gone. (if i just have a headache, for migrane even the strongest painkillers barely do anything at all, i just feel like on drugs but the pain is still the same)

holst, better go check a doctor, most people get migrane in puberty, since you have this now it might be caused by something else... it could be that the stress casued it to come through and break out, but i hope for you that you dont have migrane like steve and i have, because its really really nasty.... afaik it almost never goes away and it keeps comming back and bites in your 4rse when you less need it, when you have a lot to do, or when you had a lot to do and finally have some time to relax and feel good it comes back and ruins everything...

good luck!

you should def do some face and neck muscle trainings, make silly faces and move all muscles in your face and neck and then relax them, this helps to prevent them from getting cramped together and cutting the bloodflow to parts of your brain, or pushing on the neveres running under your skin and irritate them.

Live Long And Overclock
    interesting!
    yes i also suffer from migrane

sorry, for the lengthy post, this is the story of my migrane:

the first time i got it i was 12 iirc, i lost my eyesight somehow, parts of whatever i looked at were just gone... i was in school and when i looked at the left part of the drawing board i could see everything written on it, when i looked to the right everything that was written on the left part suddenly dissapeared and the drawing board seemed empty on that side, until i moved my eyes back there.

i went to the hospital because i hit my head the night before that and they thougt i might have a concussion. acompanied by the lost in eye sight i felt a weird stiching pain in my skull behind my eyeballs and a numb pain in my brain as if i had fallen on my head really hard. i had to throw up, when we arrived at the hospital i was feeling better already, and the medics couldnt find anything at all... nothing. the next day i had so bad headaches that every move or even move my eye balls just for a milimeter felt like somebody was squeezing my brain. they ran tests for a few days and found absolutely nothing. i got better after one or two days though and was completely fine again after 3 days.

nothing happened for weeks, then i had it again, again i was at school, school was almost over iirc. i felt really bad and made it to the principals secretary office and asked them to call an ambulance, i was still 12 then i think. when the ambulance had arrived i had lost the eye sight on the top right and the lower left part and could only see parts of what was around me, everthing else kinda blurried out, on the way to the hospital i started talking really weird stuff, i thougt i was saying "i dont feel well" but actually i was saying "i dont tree without house" or something like that... i myself didnt notice this at all and thougt i said "i dont feel very well"
    then i lost control over the left part of my body, all my left body was completely numb and i had no control over any muscle in that part of my body anymore.

we had arrived at the hospital and they all acted very hectivally and moved me into some room with loads of high tech machinary. the medics kinda freaked out and thought i was bleeding inside of my brain, 5 medics and at least 6 nurses were running around in the room in panic and giving me loads of injections and each of the 5 medics was checking a different part of my body and was injecting something into an arm, leg or my stomach or meassured my heartbeat etc
    i was almost loosing consciessness but they tried to keep me awake by talking to me.

i saw my mom standing 2 meters to the thing i was lying on and 2 medics were talking to her and she looked horrable and was crying. i never saw such a shock in anybodies eyes again in my life so far...
    i dont remember what happened then, i passed out.

i wanted to tell her that im fine and she shouldnt worry about me but i couldnt speak, i could only open my mouth wich felt very numb.

later she told me the medics told her that i was probably bleeding inside of my skull and that i will most likely have some serious inreparable braindamages and that there is also a high chance that i would die because i was getting worse so quickly that they thougt they wouldnt find the problem and be able to fix it before its too late and i died.

when i woke up again i was lying in one of those things where they make high res xray images of your brain. i wanted to get up but couldnt, they pulled me out, then i told them i wasnt feeling well, they brought me some metal plate thing and i threw up.

my head was hurting so bad that i couldnt focus on anything else, i couldnt think, i was paralyzed by the pain...

they ran all kinds of checks again but couldnt find anything...

that was the last time i had it this serious, but i kept having it for dozens of times after that, and i still have to from time to time, but its getting less heavvy and more and more time passes between the migrane attacks i get.

usually it starts with a headache, or with a weird flickering colorfull unsharp tiny dot or line that gets bigger and bigger. it looks like the dot you see when you looked directly into the sun. but it gets bigger and bigger and has a weird changing shape. if you look at a white wall you dont see it at all, but if you look at somebodies face for example, suddenly theres an eye of even haklf of the face missing and looks all blurried like half of his face is only made out of skin, no eyes, no lips, no eyebrows, no nose. it looks really weird.
    while it gorws and grows i get a stichting pain inside my skull behind my eyeball(s), and a growing headache. i get very sensitive to light and sounds as well as touching things or tasting things. all my senses are like overloading, and every signal that reaches my brain gets aplified so much that every signal is so strong it just hurts. hard to explain. everything i feel or see or hear or taste hurts.

i usually try to go to bed and fall asleep asap so i miss all those "wonderfull" expiriences. most of the time it works and when i wake up i only feel a headache and im still very sensitive to all sounds, light and touches and tastes.

sometimes i dont manage to fall asleep, and its a real nightmare... one second feels like an hour and everything just hurts so much i sometimes cant help but scream in pain...

luckily i didnt have this for several years anymore and i hope i wont have it that bad ever again...

over the years my brain has been checked doezsn of times with xray and this electromagnetic resonance thing and none of the medics every found anything... they couldnt find anything at all... according to them im 100% healthy... weird eh?

i know many people who have this, but most dont have it as bad as i do, im starting to think that it could be a virus that infects our brain...
    maybe its just an overload of informations in our brain.... the most often i had migrane was when i studdied a lot...

i found out that pulling my eyebrows together, like ou do when you are angry or upset, somehow seemed to result in a higher chance for me to get mirgane and a general headache... but im not sure... for some time i also thougt it had to do with what i eat and i stopped eating candy wich seemed to work, but then i had it twice in a week.... so i started eating candy again and said "fudge it"

all i can recommend you holst, is as soon as you start getting it, take a quick cold shower with the lights turned off, avoid any noise and bright light and body contact, go to bed after taking a cold shower and try to fall asleep asap. dont put on relaxing music, it will keep you from falling asleep and will start to get loudeer and louder in your head until it hurts more and more, even if the volume is set to the lowest possible and you can barely hear it at all...

sleep is the only thing i found that helps... oh and paracetamol helps against the pain, wich then helps you to fall asleep better.
    OMG Saaya, and you're only 23 good god. Thats some scary stuff. I originally thought I would write something funny about the tree thing or u hitting ur head before going to hospital the first time but then as I read on it just got so serious almost to the point of a story that usually has a VERY bad ending but I'm happy to see it wasnt in your case.

However, I imagine your parents still pester u not to stay on pc too long seeing as how it may contribute to the condition.

In any case, I had no idea what migraine was until now...I just thought it was a more severe headache...I had NO idea about vision loss omg.

Well I guess Holst the best thing for you is to do as they say and go to the doctors cos I, including many here, even with good intentions, are not doctors and any medication that we recommend u might be liable to worsen ur condition due to everyone having their own unique immune systems.

Perkam

Xtreme Member
    I don't think I ever get Migranes, but like once every year or so, ever since I was 13, I get REALLY REALLY sick all of a sudden.
    I just feel like my stomach is collapsing on itself, very lightheaded, blurred vision, and it's nigh impossible to fall asleep once it starts. All you can do is just sit in your bed with a bowl and hope it just buggers off.
    Usually gets much better the day after, but the symptoms last for like a week.
    Edit: I forgot about the hardcore headaches that I get during that crap... just brutal.
    Last edited by a0chicken; 04-06-2005 at 05:33 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i was only 12/13 back then, but i was never scared... and oddly enough i have not been shocked or anything... im not traumatized at all... i can laugh about it
    my mom cant... she thougt i was about to die back then...

i dont know... i nver saw it as serious, and i still dont see it as serious... wich is odd because half my body was not responding and the medics said theres not a low chance that i will die... hmmmm i dont know... my mom always kept telling me to go to doctors etc since this was serious and something bad might happen to me, but i never really saw it as something serious i should take care of or be worried about... odd eh?

well in the end they never found anything, so what could i do anyways... even IF i would take it serious and wanted to change it, i wouldnt know how...

and like steve said, for me as well, a lot of physical activity and bright sun light from beein somehwere outisde strangely seems to increase the chances that it hits me again... while sitting in front of my pc for hours and hours is no problem at all...

i never had migrane in front of my pc yet...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    and like steve said, for me as well, a lot of physical activity and bright sun light from beein somehwere outisde strangely seems to increase the chances that it hits me again... while sitting in front of my pc for hours and hours is no problem at all...

i never had migrane in front of my pc yet...
    So that's why you have 15000 posts...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by a0chicken
    I don't think I ever get Migranes, but like once every year or so, ever since I was 13, I get REALLY REALLY sick all of a sudden.
    I just feel like my stomach is collapsing on itself, very lightheaded, blurred vision, and it's nigh impossible to fall asleep once it starts. All you can do is just sit in your bed with a bowl and hope it just buggers off.
    Usually gets much better the day after, but the symptoms last for like a week.
    Edit: I forgot about the hardcore headaches that I get during that crap... just brutal.
    that pretty much sounds like migrane to me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by a0chicken
    So that's why you have 15000 posts...
    one of the reasons, yes

i think i also have the geek gene, both my fathers father and my father worked for ibm and are crazy for pcs

my grampa worked for ibm with the first pcs (the ones that filled entire rooms ) and my dad worked for ibm and sap
    so if theres a geek gene i def have it

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    that pretty much sounds like migrane to me LOL
    Yay, I get Migranes!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    my condolences...

X. I. P.
    First time I had one, I was scared sh**less. I dozed off and woke up blind in one eye. Had the doc check me out, it was "just" my first migraine. Mine started when I was around 30 y/o, not at puberty.

Mine don't cause pain, like I said. But there's what they call an aura in my field of vision when I get one. It starts small but consumes the vision in the eye affected over the course of 5-10 minutes.

If you can imagine a blind spot in the middle, surrounded by a crinkly rainbow (shaped like /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ but curved into a distorted circle) that's what I get.

If it comes on while driving or anything dangerous I HAVE to stop doing it. The visual disturbance of the aura in one eye and normal vision in the other is crippling.

But like I said, 15-30 minutes later it's gone. No pain and only a vague, but strong light-headed feeling. I don't get nauseous easily (love the open sea, no matter what the condition, for instance) but I guess that light-headed feeling could make someone really, really sick to their stomache.

Xtreme Gentoo User
    Never had a migraine, but had a similar experience when I was 12 too (but not quite as severe). I was sitting in a class. I was sitting in a very awkward position. And when I moved, suddenly my right leg clicked. My ears started ringing, my whole body went numb, I was nauseous, and almost lost conciousness. My vision looked like when you poke yourself in the eye and everything starts to blur and go grey. I was also shaking and sweating alot. My teacher got the school's first-aider in who checked me over. Suddenly the life came back to me and I was fine for the rest of the day. I went to the hospital for a checkup, they suspected my heart (since several people in my family have heart issues). So they fitted me up with this personal ECG device to measure my heartbeat. Everything was normal. They gave me a blood test (my grandad ha diabetes) and found nothing. The doctor said that it may be a neurological problem, a trapped nerve, a blood supply cut (I went numb, so maybe an artery became trapped when my leg clicked) or just a completely random incident. One thing I was worried about was a swelling on the right of my groin at the top of my leg, but the doctor checked that and said it was a swollen lymph node. He gave me another blood test (to test for lymph cancer) and everything was perfect. Anyway, never been ill since, and the lymph node is still swollen, but hasn't increased in size at all.

Xtreme Gentoo User
    Oh, and the nausea never resulted in sickness, like migraines sometimes do.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson
    First time I had one, I was scared sh**less. I dozed off and woke up blind in one eye. Had the doc check me out, it was "just" my first migraine. Mine started when I was around 30 y/o, not at puberty.

Mine don't cause pain, like I said. But there's what they call an aura in my field of vision when I get one. It starts small but consumes the vision in the eye affected over the course of 5-10 minutes.

If you can imagine a blind spot in the middle, surrounded by a crinkly rainbow (shaped like /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ but curved into a distorted circle) that's what I get.

If it comes on while driving or anything dangerous I HAVE to stop doing it. The visual disturbance of the aura in one eye and normal vision in the other is crippling.

But like I said, 15-30 minutes later it's gone. No pain and only a vague, but strong light-headed feeling. I don't get nauseous easily (love the open sea, no matter what the condition, for instance) but I guess that light-headed feeling could make someone really, really sick to their stomache.

thats 100% what i get... just that i get a strong headache with it and that i get very sensitive to all sounds and light and smalles and tastes etc.

you described the aura really well!
    there are some internet sites where people painted pictures that pretty much show what it looks like for those who care.

Quote Originally Posted by masterofpuppets
    Never had a migraine, but had a similar experience when I was 12 too (but not quite as severe). I was sitting in a class. I was sitting in a very awkward position. And when I moved, suddenly my right leg clicked. My ears started ringing, my whole body went numb, I was nauseous, and almost lost conciousness. My vision looked like when you poke yourself in the eye and everything starts to blur and go grey. I was also shaking and sweating alot. My teacher got the school's first-aider in who checked me over. Suddenly the life came back to me and I was fine for the rest of the day. I went to the hospital for a checkup, they suspected my heart (since several people in my family have heart issues). So they fitted me up with this personal ECG device to measure my heartbeat. Everything was normal. They gave me a blood test (my grandad ha diabetes) and found nothing. The doctor said that it may be a neurological problem, a trapped nerve, a blood supply cut (I went numb, so maybe an artery became trapped when my leg clicked) or just a completely random incident. One thing I was worried about was a swelling on the right of my groin at the top of my leg, but the doctor checked that and said it was a swollen lymph node. He gave me another blood test (to test for lymph cancer) and everything was perfect. Anyway, never been ill since, and the lymph node is still swollen, but hasn't increased in size at all.
    wow, thats odd....

Xtreme Member
    Moppie, was it one of those days when you had hardly any sleep the night before, ate nothing, and just pushing your way through school? I get very light headed and dizzy when I pull that crap and get up very suddenly.

Xtreme Gentoo User
    Nope, I had had a good 9 hours sleep and a good breakfast. It just came out of nowhere!

c[_]
    My brother got run down by a Cow then pushed around a Corral when he was about 5 or 6 years old.. he gets migrains at times that will last a week, but they dont usually cause him to pass out. He's almost 17 now..

To me it seems most "serious" migrains can be attributed to a somewhat serious (or not serious) event that caused a lack of bloodflow to a point in the brain or bruising (bruising is actually due to burst blood vessels - capillaries most often).

Just to point out how easy it is to reduce bloodflow: Say you knock your head or crack your neck pulling or squishing an artery (veins = deoxygenated blood!), it could tear causing some blood to go into your brain (which might not show up on a medical scan since it is not being exposed to air to coagulate, not to mention the fluid in your brain and the brain itself will not easily cause broken platelettes) and/or reduced bloodflow to a point of the brain...

Given that cholesterol buildup or hardening of the arteries/veins can happen at any point in the body, these small bumps or neck cracking (although thats more likely a nerve or your spine getting out of line) have even more chance of causing a tear or bruising, or cause it to be worse than it should have been if the platelettes break open on the tear but continue to travel along the arteries/veins and form a clog elsewhere.

Ever heard of people dieing of blood clots? Yeah.. being healthy isnt such a bad thing afterall

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil

Given that cholesterol buildup or hardening of the arteries/veins can happen at any point in the body, these small bumps or neck cracking (although thats more likely a nerve or your spine getting out of line) have even more chance of causing a tear or bruising, or cause it to be worse than it should have been if the platelettes break open on the tear but continue to travel along the arteries/veins and form a clog elsewhere.

Ever heard of people dieing of blood clots? Yeah.. being healthy isnt such a bad thing afterall
    chelesterol buildup usually occours at the age of 14/15 years if age,
    and will lead to further cardiovascular events in later life (heart attacks, stroke, arterial occlusion of legs)
    of course there are such things called statins that have been shown to reduce your blood cholesterol and also to improve the condition of your atreies,
    they not only cause these plaques to regress, but they are found to stabalize the plauses and so redduce the risk of cardiovascular event..
    naturally you can only get these on pescription,
    but they now have some margerines that have statins in em that have been shown to reduce cholesterol (yes they are true)
    only problem tho is that they tend to be pricey and you have to be taking using the margerine for more than a month before the benificial effects kick in..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast