Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Hell-Fire discussion

Xtreme Addict
    strange...

i sent him a dfi ultra infinity skt A board sometime.... last year to fix a broken trace... he fixed it and returned it promptly w/in a week.

i still wouldn't rule out the possibility that something happened to him. it's possible someone else is logging on under his name.

it just doesn't make sense to me why he would work on tons of stuff, send it back and then one day decide to keep everything...

Main Rig:
    CPU Intel i5 2500K @ 4500mhz
    Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    Video Cards Sapphire 5850
    PSU Silverstone ST75F Strider 750W
    Hard Drive OCZ Solid 3 60GB | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Samsung 103SJ's 4TB
    Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 | 1 Yate Loon D12SM 120MM

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Granted it doesnt make sense. When i had my stroke i wasnt around for almost a year. But I didnt have everybodys gear either, He should make or have someone some kind of effort to contact someone with the truth and as we've all seen he or someone logged on as him has been on line.

Aint No Real Gangster
    he gets back logged with bills or fries his own hardware seeing as most of his mods fail, and he decideds to keep some stuff or sell it under a different name.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

XS - Extra Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by WeStSiDePLaYa
    he gets back logged with bills or fries his own hardware seeing as most of his mods fail, and he decideds to keep some stuff or sell it under a different name.

You and others are talking a lot of trash about someone who used to be a very helpful and respected member of the community. Look at this thread and tell me all his mods fail and that he planned this from day one.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ight=hell-fire

To everyone whos stuff he has, don't think I am trying to protect him because I'm not. I would love to see you all get your stuff back, along either a very good reason why hes had it for so long, or a very big apollogy($$).

Think about it this way, if he was dead, would you want to be saying what you were? If the answer is no, and he doesn't even have your stuff, then maybe this thread isn't the place for your comments.
    -Phenom2 x6 1055 @stock
    -8gb ddr3
    -Gigabyte UD3
    -Geforce 7900Gt 755/1863 1.562v vgpu
    -OCZ Powersupply 600w

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by WeStSiDePLaYa
    Well i dont think that is the case. If most of his mods were failing we would have heard about it. As lalPooo stated he was a very helpful and respected member of this community. People say a lot of hurtful things when theyre pissed off, I just hope if he comes back he has a good reason for all this. Im willing to listen before Impaling him. SORRY ABOUT THAT I HAVE TO GO.

"Yells to wife in background honey quick bring me my Medication"

Aint No Real Gangster
    dude, there is no good excuse, he has been on the forums.

think about it, he was not in an accident or anything, its not like one day he just disappeared. he slowly lost contact and broke promises to people before he vanished. and then he even told Fugger that he was sending stuff out but didnt. so lapoo how did he manage to talk to fugger if he is dead or in the hospital or something?

and just because he WAS a good guy doest mean sh*t. i wouldnt go easy on a murderer if he saved a dozen kids from a burning house earlier in his life.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very true, the silk gloves must go.
    Opteron 165
    Dfi NF4 Expert
    4x1 1GB twinmos PC 3200
    XFX 7900GT 550/1500

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have some Lead filled gloves.

Xtreme Member
    Went to Hellfire for some vmods back in September because of his reputation as a good vmodder. 4 months later I finally got my board back to find the board was unique in the fact that it seems to be the first and only DFI board to have a bios chip hard soldered in. I know Hellfire didn't do it, but he also never said anything to me about it (had the board RMA'd directly to him). Kinda ticked me off because I figured he had modded enough motherboards to see something like that (which I noticed within minutes of taking it out of the box).

Haha I still have four pm's in my inbox from Hellfire saying "the board will be done this week." Mind you each of the pm's were at least 2 weeks apart.

I really hope you guys get your stuff back.

at this point I've given up hope -- if anyone does pay him a visit please let me know
    CoolerMaster Wavemaster w/ Clear Window
    DFI Ultra Infinity (VDIMM, VCORE, VDD Mods, Hell-Fire Bios CPC Off)
    AMD Mobile 2600+ IQYHA (10x255)
    Mushkin 1GB (2x512) BH-5 @ 2-2-2-11 3.6v
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro --> XT
    Creative Audigy 2ZS
    Koolance Exos Liquid CPU & GPU Cooling (40 Idle & 46 Load)
    Western Digital 74gb Raptor & 80gb 8MB Storage

Xtreme Mentor
    I know he lives in Texas, but does he happen to live near Fort Worth, Texas?

EDIT: oops, I'm wrong
    Last edited by craig588; 04-05-2005 at 08:49 PM.
    For those of you about to post:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad.maranan
    I thought he lives in North Carolina.
    Ron Bradley
    5526 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
    Durham, NC 27703

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can someone pay him a visit?
    Opteron 165
    Dfi NF4 Expert
    4x1 1GB twinmos PC 3200
    XFX 7900GT 550/1500

I just spotted this thread, I wish I saw this BEFORE I sent him my board. I don't know how I missed this thread when I was looking for modders on xs a couple of weeks ago, I would have gone with someone else who was even charging me less. I just assumed since he was a moderator and was pretty respected here that he was the better choice.

Anyway, I sent him my IC7-Max3 about a month ago. I feel for you guys who've been waiting 4+ months, but I need to get my board back THIS WEEK! I need to finish a project for a client with the machine that uses the max3 board- The video editing apps security is so strict that it wont allow for system changes. He told me it would take 2 weeks max, like he's said to others.

I wasnt able to find his phone # at first, so looking thru 411.com I found a couple of his neighbors numbers and being that most of them were friendly I asked them to stop by his place and rely the message that 'I' need my board back, and they left my number too.

Still no response, so today I spoke with a sargeant in his area, he should stop by his house sometime soon.
    Lets get a list going of people who are still waiting for their stuff and get a little more serious about this. As mentioned, at this point a lot of people don't even care if there stuff is modded, they just NEED IT BACK!!

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    Least it's getting done.
    Level 80 UD Death Knight on Murmur (Beta)

XS D2OL & RAM News
    At least you guys are giving him a good The neibors start asking about if your just making some stuff up, point them in the direction of this thread. If his neibors reliease what he's done, he might be more willing to send stuff back.

jjcom

So he was still taking equipment and money from people a month ago? Let's get this guy. Start a list. I need that contact info for the sergeant acesea. I want my boards back. Looks like he has the market on MAX 3's

Doubs

Alright, I'm going to contact the Police Department again in his area tommorrow and get the ball rolling on this. I really hate to do this, as I've also told Ron, but the way he's going about this is ridiculous. You guys don't hear from him for months now, but 3-4 weeks ago when I pmed him if he would do my board he responded back to all 4!!! of my pms within like 12 hours! He assured me as he did to everyone else that it would take a week or two and he'd sent it back done.

Anyway, I don't think theres any more explaining necessary on our parts so here's the deal..
    So far here's the list I've gathered of people who are still waiting on their stuff, whether it be mb's or anything else:
    Piazza0028
    JSU
    vlad
    Dark79
    Doubs

If theres anyone else please speak up. For those listed, if you could please pm me your name, a number you can be reached at, what parts you sent him, the value of your parts, and how much you paid to get the parts serviced, and the date you sent your items to him. Also, if anyone has his telephone number please pm me that too as it might be helpful.

I will put together this list and find the right person who will be willing to help us out in Durham. With 6 people including myself I don't see why any police station wouldn't take this seriously.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesea
    Alright, I'm going to contact the Police Department again in his area tommorrow and get the ball rolling on this. I really hate to do this, as I've also told Ron, but the way he's going about this is ridiculous. You guys don't hear from him for months now, but 3-4 weeks ago when I pmed him if he would do my board he responded back to all 4!!! of my pms within like 12 hours! He assured me as he did to everyone else that it would take a week or two and he'd sent it back done.

Anyway, I don't think theres any more explaining necessary on our parts so here's the deal..
    So far here's the list I've gathered of people who are still waiting on their stuff, whether it be mb's or anything else:
    Piazza0028
    JSU
    vlad
    Dark79
    Doubs

If theres anyone else please speak up. For those listed, if you could please pm me your name, a number you can be reached at, what parts you sent him, the value of your parts, and how much you paid to get the parts serviced, and the date you sent your items to him. Also, if anyone has his telephone number please pm me that too as it might be helpful.

I will put together this list and find the right person who will be willing to help us out in Durham. With 6 people including myself I don't see why any police station wouldn't take this seriously.
    I would suggest you call up the police and explain that "fraud" has taken place. If they need, get written proof including written statements from the people involved that has been notarized along with a copy of the driver's licenses of those involved. That should be more than sufficient.

Let me know when you find the guy and ...
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D
    1 GB of OCZ PC3700EL Platinum TCCD
    AMD 3500+ Clawhammer (XP-120)
    eVGA 6200 -> 6600 softmod

hey Piazza0028, i just realized your the same guy I bought 2x512 bh5 sticks from over at overclockers.com like 2 weeks ago. small world, and huge coincidence were both in this mess together haha!

In that case, should I hold off on getting together peoples info and just speak with the PD tommorrow. Then when needed have each individual person say fax over the necessary information to the PD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ackbar
    I would suggest you call up the police and explain that "fraud" has taken place. If they need, get written proof including written statements from the people involved that has been notarized along with a copy of the driver's licenses of those involved. That should be more than sufficient.

Let me know when you find the guy and ...

Xtreme Addict
    This thread needs to be moved to a new one that will be bumped correctly. could a mod please do that? thanks!

O and hes had my IC7 Max3 and 9600xt

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by acesea
    Alright, I'm going to contact the Police Department again in his area tommorrow and get the ball rolling on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackbar
    I would suggest you call up the police and explain that "fraud" has taken place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubs
    So he was still taking equipment and money from people a month ago?
    Doubs and I were talking about this a few days ago. Its Definitely time to make a list and Contact Sheriff Taylor. @acesea Ill pm you later tonight with my info to get this started.

See my post in this section as how to proceed. Don't be a victim, pick up the phone. Thats all it takes.

Doubs

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I talked to Doubs on the phone this morning and asked him to start a new thread on this.
    I just splited the thread and made the other one a sticky.
    the new thread will only be about informations and about coordinating the legal actions.

here is a link:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=58606

EDIT:
    -saaya
    Last edited by saaya; 04-07-2005 at 03:15 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast